The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #26
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Elway! Manning! Makes me feel like a kid again where anything is possible with these Broncos.

I hear ya. Ain't it grand!!!!!!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #27
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
sure, but when the contract was signed no one was sure of Manning's neck, nor his ability to throw the ball effectively. Had either of those two things been a problem, the Broncos are out $19m whether Manning takes one snap or not. But it appears all is well with Manning.
You're partly right. We knew the neck was fine what we did not know was if he could still play at a high level.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #28
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You're partly right. We knew the neck was fine what we did not know was if he could still play at a high level.
Yah, it was more about his arm and nerves than his reconstructed neck but still, there was a question as to whether or not Peyton's head would fall off when he got sacked. I'd say everyone was 99.9% sure about the neck being ok physically but only 60-70% sure about the nerves and the arm.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #29
Bmore Manning

I knew.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #30
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I knew.
One person who thought otherwise was that ole sea donkey DontBeMessin. That chick disappeared faster than raiders free fall.

DontBeMessin swung and missed. Keep hiding.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #31
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Where is So Cal anyway
Where is KOSK with his lame Manning avatar with the "$" sign on his forehead? Lots of losers wanted Tebow over Manning. Some of those names are well respected here too.

Watching Manning throw the ball in a Broncos uniform is unbelievable luck (yes, pun intented) for us.

And for some of you that hated him when he was a Colts player, now you know.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #32
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
One person who thought otherwise was that ole sea donkey DontBeMessin. That chick disappeared faster than raiders free fall.

DontBeMessin swung and missed. Keep hiding.
Don't leave out Hougtam betting me that Tebow will start more games this year then Manning and that Manning will be out of football by the start of next season.

sorry it was 2014 here is the post.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=198

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 11-12-2012 at 01:45 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #33
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Don't leave out Hougtam betting me that Tebow will start more games this year then Manning and that Manning will be out of football by the start of next season.

sorry it was 2014 here is the post.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=198
I have not seen one relavent post from that clown since I started in here.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #34
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I love all the hindsighting people do around here. Manning was anything but a sure bet, otherewise there would have been more than just a handful of teams seriously interested.

It was a bold move to sign him and the rest of Elway's signing's have for the most part also be excellent, but like anything, just as easily could have flopped. What I like about it is the common sense approach, not just the names of who's brough in, like signing a veteran center when your starting center has struggled, bringing in guys like Stokley etc. that know and are comfortable with Manning and can help others along with the new offense.

Although I personally didn't like the Fox hiring, it certaintly seems that he was the right guy to correct the course and seems to know how to coach players like Manning, when to step in and when to step back, i.e., just being a guy exercising his years of experience and managing people. And possibly could get us a Super Bowl out of it.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #35
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
I love all the hindsighting people do around here. Manning was anything but a sure bet, otherewise there would have been more than just a handful of teams seriously interested.

It was a bold move to sign him and the rest of Elway's signing's have for the most part also be excellent, but like anything, just as easily could have flopped. What I like about it is the common sense approach, not just the names of who's brough in, like signing a veteran center when your starting center has struggled, bringing in guys like Stokley etc. that know and are comfortable with Manning and can help others along with the new offense.

Although I personally didn't like the Fox hiring, it certaintly seems that he was the right guy to correct the course and seems to know how to coach players like Manning, when to step in and when to step back, i.e., just being a guy exercising his years of experience and managing people. And possibly could get us a Super Bowl out of it.
Handful of teams? KC, Cards, Miami, San Fran, Jets, Tenn, and Denver of the top off my head expressed interest in Manning. That is 7 out of 31 teams (Colts cut him).

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 11-12-2012 at 04:14 PM..
Old 11-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #36
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Handful of teams? KC, Cards, Miami, San Fran, Jets, Tenn, and Denver of the top of my head expressed interest in Manning. That is 7 out of 31 teams (Colts cut him).
You mention Tebow again I am going to b**** slap you.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #37
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
WTF
Old 11-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #38
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
TEBOW
Old 11-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #39
Jay3

Quote:
Handful of teams? KC, Cards, Miami, San Fran, Jets, Tenn, and Denver of the top of my head expressed interest in Manning. That is 7 out of 31 teams (Colts cut him).
Plus, the interested teams had to have the cap room to have a credible shot. Basically, every team with an even remote shot of getting him was interested.

File this one under "no brainer."
Old 11-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #40
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Handful of teams? KC, Cards, Miami, San Fran, Jets, Tenn, and Denver of the top off my head expressed interest in Manning. That is 7 out of 31 teams (Colts cut him).
Seattle, Washington, Philadelphia, even some rumors with Houston and Dallas..

There was speculation that 14-16 teams seriously inquired, many wanted to remain out of the spot light for obvious continuity issues within the team.