The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 AM   #51
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
How do you guys know all this before an MRI?

The medical team here at the Orange Mane is the best on the World Wide Web.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #52
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

The mri is to confirm the diagnosos. This is probably going to be bad news for doom.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #53
MABroncoFan
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Tell me who DJ would be playing ahead right now.
Koppen is playing better than Walton
Carter wasn't necessarily ahead of Moore and Adams
Mays, lol
Shows that our depth is much better this year. But with all these injuries, we're getting thinner and can't afford any other key ones.
MABroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #54
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Tell me who DJ would be playing ahead right now.
Koppen is playing better than Walton
Carter wasn't necessarily ahead of Moore and Adams
Mays, lol
Yeah, we've lost several guys how can you say something like I don't think we've lost many? Walton was playing very well so flush that one down the toilet, Carter could be playing at a high level, you never know. DJ for sure would be on the field, don't even try to pretend. Hunter was really starting to come on strong. Warren, at full strength, please, he was a difference maker, losing him hurt us and made us thinner. Kuper out weeks at a time. Now Doom. WTF dude, we haven't lost many? You can have your opinion but don't act like we haven't lost some people. We've been hit as hard as any other team as far as injuries go.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #55
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Sunday night will be a nervous one for Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil.

After injuring his left shoulder early in Sunday's 36-14 win over the Panthers, the Pro Bowler sat out the last three quarters, looking on as his teammates continued to hound and harass Carolina QB Cam Newton into seven sacks, the most by the Broncos in nine years.

Dumervil will undergo an MRI on Monday morning.

"I tried to go out one more time, but it didn't feel as comfortable as I would have liked it to," Dumervil said. "I've played through some pain and injuries, but this one hurt pretty bad."

Dumervil had a sack and a forced fumble before the injury Sunday and now has seven sacks this season and 16.5 in the Broncos' last 16 regular-season games.

The shoulder is the same one he strained in the Broncos' season opener last year. As a result of that injury, he missed two games.

For up-to-the-minute Broncos updates, follow Andrew Mason on Twitter at @CBSBroncos.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #56
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Sunday night will be a nervous one for Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil.

After injuring his left shoulder early in Sunday's 36-14 win over the Panthers, the Pro Bowler sat out the last three quarters, looking on as his teammates continued to hound and harass Carolina QB Cam Newton into seven sacks, the most by the Broncos in nine years.

Dumervil will undergo an MRI on Monday morning.

"I tried to go out one more time, but it didn't feel as comfortable as I would have liked it to," Dumervil said. "I've played through some pain and injuries, but this one hurt pretty bad."

Dumervil had a sack and a forced fumble before the injury Sunday and now has seven sacks this season and 16.5 in the Broncos' last 16 regular-season games.

The shoulder is the same one he strained in the Broncos' season opener last year. As a result of that injury, he missed two games.

For up-to-the-minute Broncos updates, follow Andrew Mason on Twitter at @CBSBroncos.
I have a feeling - don't think it's as bad as most fear. I bet it similar to what he had last year. Out 2-3 games.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #57
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I have a feeling - don't think it's as bad as most fear. I bet it similar to what he had last year. Out 2-3 games.
I really, really, really hope so.

Elvis was dominating early before the injury, but more importantly, we'll need every pass rusher we have to play our game come playoffs.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #58
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

I posted this in another thread, but it probably belongs here:

Whatever they are doing to motivate Robert Ayers, they need to keep doing it, because he is playing like a wild dog.

Elvis Dumervil will probably be out for several weeks, if not the season....Robert Ayers has the ability to come in and a play a more well rounded defensive end and keep the defense playing at a very high level.

With Dumervil out, the defense will miss his big play ability....the sack and forced fumble potential he brings on every passing play, but Ayers has the ability to make the defense more stout.

All that said, I really hope Dumervil is able to come back in a few weeks, as Denver needs as many weapons and combinations, as well as depth, that they can utilize on defense. This defense reminds me of the 1997-1998 Denver defenses in that they are great at playing with a lead and pinning their ears back when they know teams will be passing. The ability to bring Von and Elvis after the QB at the same time will be missed....when those 2 are on and closing in on the QB at the same time, it's bad news for opposing QBs....and a lot of fun to watch for Denver fans.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #59
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Keep him benched till the week before the playoffs to ensure he can get healthy while also allowing him to play the last week to get back in game shape.

Where is that smart guy hat? Because I need it.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #60
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post

Whatever they are doing to motivate Robert Ayers, they need to keep doing it, because he is playing like a wild dog.

Elvis Dumervil will probably be out for several weeks, if not the season....Robert Ayers has the ability to come in and a play a more well rounded defensive end and keep the defense playing at a very high level.

With Dumervil out, the defense will miss his big play ability....the sack and forced fumble potential he brings on every passing play, but Ayers has the ability to make the defense more stout.

All that said, I really hope Dumervil is able to come back in a few weeks, as Denver needs as many weapons and combinations, as well as depth, that they can utilize on defense. This defense reminds me of the 1997-1998 Denver defenses in that they are great at playing with a lead and pinning their ears back when they know teams will be passing. The ability to bring Von and Elvis after the QB at the same time will be missed....when those 2 are on and closing in on the QB at the same time, it's bad news for opposing QBs....and a lot of fun to watch for Denver fans.
Ayers just looks so much bigger and stronger at the point of attack than he ever did before. Like a completely different player. Now Cam holds the ball way too damn long, so I don't want to get too excited, but right now Robert is 2 for 2 beast mode the past couple of weeks. I think it's somewhat lost on us how well he's playing, just because we're all so focused on Von Miller aka Jesus resurrected as a terminator.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #61
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post

Probably just showed him his paycheck, then showed him Dumervil's, then reminded him that he's up for a contract extension next year.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #62
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Probably just showed him his paycheck, then showed him Dumervil's, then reminded him that he's up for a contract extension next year.

We will see if he can put up consistent performances. Maybe getting benched for a rookie opened his eyes. Maybe it's a head thing and he just plays better from dooms spot.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #63
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
That would work.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #64
rideco

I assume that we should know something soon as Fox should cover this on his presser this afternoon. I hope Doom is ok but man the team backups are stepping up really well this year.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #65
IA-Broncosfan53
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Since 2009, this has been too common of a theme, and always with his upper body. Perhaps it has something to do with his style of play the way he bull rushes tackles?
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #66
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideco View Post
I assume that we should know something soon as Fox should cover this on his presser this afternoon. I hope Doom is ok but man the team backups are stepping up really well this year.
Doom can't be replaced. I know the other guys are stepping up but, Doom is second in the NFL in FF's. I don't think Ayers can do that, as well as he has been playing.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #67
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

No Tear!!! Sigh of relief:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...houlder/16776/
BigPlayShay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #68
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

GREAT news:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/

Quote:
Good news for the Broncos. An MRI exam today on the left shoulder of defensive end Elvis Dumervil revealed no significant injury.

Dumervil did suffer a serious enough strain in the muscle area behind the shoulder Sunday to miss the final three quarters of the Broncos’ 36-14 win at Carolina. The pass rusher suffered the injury while swatting the ball out of the passing hand of Carolina quarterback Cam Newton, a play that credited Dumervil with a forced fumble and his seventh sack of the season.

Dumervil will likely be listed as questionable for the game this Sunday against the San Diego Chargers but it appears he avoided long-term injury.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #69
rideco

whew. just a strain! good news!!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #70
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
Yup, just heard it on Fox press conference. Good news!
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #71
ppablo

Whew! That was a close one, might be good to let doom rest for the upcoming game tho
Old 11-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #72
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Great news! I'm to the point where as long as we are healthy come playoff time I'll be happy. Not too concerned with someone missing a game or two
LetsGoBroncos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #73
swaiy

Must be a misdiagnoses. The doctors in this thread already said he has a torn labrum.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #74
Drunken.Broncoholic

This is great news to finish off a great week. Send him to the local Mamasan's rub that shoulder out
Old 11-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #75
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Difficult question for everyone.

Should the team rest Doom this week so he is 100% near the end of the season or play him since it is a division game that with a win basically gives us the division?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote