The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer
 
Hook'em Horns

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,410

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default Sit Wolf, Play Ayers!

Anyone else think we aught to play Ayers over Wolf? Ayers has been awfully impressive lately, and like so many mane memes wolf is taking a dump!
LonghornBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Good god no, they can be on the field at the same time.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,624

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

With doom's status unknown, Ayers will be seeing the field more now anyway. Also Jackson seemed to get more playing time as well.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Maybe more Holidey too. Why not Brick Osweiler at Qb? Willis Magahee might lose his job too to Ronny Hilmen!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,878

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Wolfe hasnt done much this year so I wouldnt mind.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Cosmo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Greeley Colorado!!!
Posts: 969
Default

Yeah, we're a top 5 defense right now because Wolfe has done nothing. You all are stupid.

Ayers at Dooms spot is fine until Doom is healthy. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Hearing mike florio after the SNF game it doesn't sound like doom will be back anytime soon. Said John Fox doesn't have a good feeling about the MRI tomorrow.

Looks like Ayers will be taking over for at least a few games
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #8
teknic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Could it be that Ayers just plays better at right end? Maybe he had trouble adjusting to playing the left end. Or was Carolina's line that bad today?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknic View Post
Could it be that Ayers just plays better at right end? Maybe he had trouble adjusting to playing the left end. Or was Carolina's line that bad today?
We're gonna find out soon cause speculation is torn labrum
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #10
teknic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
We're gonna find out soon cause speculation is torn labrum
Not good news... Hope it's just a strain, then he may be good to go for the playoffs.

This was the worst game for injuries. Miller, Thomas, Dumervil, and Manning even came up gimpy after that awkward slide.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Torn labrums are four week to four month recovery. That's not good.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #12
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,433

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Torn labrums are four week to four month recovery. That's not good.
True, not good but I'd take that as long as he is back 100% for the playoffs
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #13
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,366
Default

no, Wolfe is doing fine and getting some nice pressure on the QB and when he can't he's getting his hands up and trying to knock the ball down.
Ayers needs to stay hungry and keep earning that PT.

of course with Doom out he'll likely end up as the starting DE opposite Von(well, you know what i mean).
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #14
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,600

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Torn labrums are four week to four month recovery. That's not good.
Where is that speculation coming from though? It wan't good that Fox said he is uneasy about the results tomorrow but I missed the labrum. That is no bueno.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #15
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

I don't know where that speculation is coming from either. All we "know" is that Doom said he felt a strain but didn't hear or feel any pop. I don't know but that sounds encouraging to me.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #16
BroncsCheer
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknic View Post
Not good news... Hope it's just a strain, then he may be good to go for the playoffs.

This was the worst game for injuries. Miller, Thomas, Dumervil, and Manning even came up gimpy after that awkward slide.
Manning looked 'gimpy' because his kneebrace got twisted a bit when it augured in on the slide. Not an issue- it was the brace.

Kinda funny looking back on the replay and seeing his brace leave a divot in the grass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #17
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsCheer View Post
Manning looked 'gimpy' because his kneebrace got twisted a bit when it augured in on the slide. Not an issue- it was the brace.

Kinda funny looking back on the replay and seeing his brace leave a divot in the grass.
Yup, I've seen that happen quite a few times in both NFL and College from both QB's and linemen. Not an issue. Glad to see the thumbnail is not bothering him either.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:40 AM   #18
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Maybe Ayers is doing well because he is getting rest from the rotation that is being used. I think he'll be getting more playing time he has earned it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:49 AM   #19
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,878

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Yeah, we're a top 5 defense right now because Wolfe has done nothing. You all are stupid.

Ayers at Dooms spot is fine until Doom is healthy. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Out of the 11 starters on defense id say wolfe has contributed the least.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #20
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,954

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
Out of the 11 starters on defense id say wolfe has contributed the least.
Mike Adams says hi.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #21
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Good god people.

Right now Wolfe is giving us the kind of production we got out of Ayers last season. Very good run D and flashes of pass rush. I would even say Wolfe is doing a tangible amount better at generating pass rush than Ayers could last year. This is what he's doing as a rookie. Wolfe is a valuable part of the DL rotation.

Ayers is starting to step it up and he definitely should start getting in the mix more, but that doesn't mean you just sit Wolfe. I'd rather see them get Doom off the field more (assuming he's even healthy now) on potential rushing downs and get Ayers on the field along with Wolfe in nickel and dime packages when possible.

Ayers stepping up doesn't mean we drag Wolfe down, just that we look for more opportunities for Ayers to contribute.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:15 AM   #22
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknic View Post
Could it be that Ayers just plays better at right end? Maybe he had trouble adjusting to playing the left end. Or was Carolina's line that bad today?
Carolina's line is absolute garbage. The Broncos were gang-tackling Newton yesterday.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:45 AM   #23
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Where on earth is this torn labrum talk coming from?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #24
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,840

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Torn labrums are four week to four month recovery. That's not good.
Torn labrums are not four weeks... No way no how. The good news, he could possibly play with a torn labrum. It will limit his arm range of motion which is bad for a player like Doom. But, it could put him into a 3rd down specialist type of role which isn't necessarily at bad fit. If he decides to have it repaired through surgery, it's at least 10 weeks and that is super aggressive. It took me 6 months and I specifically asked my doc and PT how long a professional athlete would take to recover. They said with twice daily therapy, possibly 2-3 months.

Ed Reed is playing through a torn labrum right now as well... If it is indeed a torn labrum.

Also, if it is a labrum injury, he would be risking a dislocated shoulder as the labrum is what secures the shoulder's AC Joint. Kind of a small tendon that overlaps the socket to hold everything tightly in place.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #25
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,840

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Good god people.

Right now Wolfe is giving us the kind of production we got out of Ayers last season. Very good run D and flashes of pass rush. I would even say Wolfe is doing a tangible amount better at generating pass rush than Ayers could last year. This is what he's doing as a rookie. Wolfe is a valuable part of the DL rotation.

Ayers is starting to step it up and he definitely should start getting in the mix more, but that doesn't mean you just sit Wolfe. I'd rather see them get Doom off the field more (assuming he's even healthy now) on potential rushing downs and get Ayers on the field along with Wolfe in nickel and dime packages when possible.

Ayers stepping up doesn't mean we drag Wolfe down, just that we look for more opportunities for Ayers to contribute.
Agree! I think Ayers in the lineup opposite Wolfe makes a lot of sense. It will definitely help vs the run.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Denver Broncos