The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
Bacchus

Default USE THE PASS TO SET UP THE RUN

I mean really, the RUN EVERYTIME on first down and they run EVERYTIME on 3rd and short.

Elway used to pass in the first quarter to set up the run. 1st quarter punts are getting old.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

shanahan left 4 years ago
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Welcome life w McCoy...
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
Bacchus

... that first series pi66ed me off bad!!! I tried to delete the thread and it wouldn't let me.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobum6162 View Post
Welcome life w McCoy...
Whatever dude Mccoy is a good coach that has shown great ability to design offense for his personel. He will get HC gig next year. That being said we do need to set up run with the pass. We need to sign another back in my opinion.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I mean really, the RUN EVERYTIME on first down and they run EVERYTIME on 3rd and short.

Elway used to pass in the first quarter to set up the run. 1st quarter punts are getting old.
Those first down runs are way too predictable. Sometimes I just want to grab the tv and smash it. They should call more playaction plays on first down. That way the defense will be on its heels.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
Those first down runs are way too predictable. Sometimes I just want to grab the tv and smash it. They should call more playaction plays on first down. That way the defense will be on its heels.
Denver needs to come out and pass everytime the first series. All the way to eith the punt, FG or TD. And do play action pass everytime.

I played DE in college and if the team was a running team and they kept passing you always thought the next play was going to be a run.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
Agamemnon

Quote:

To be fair in those Super Bowl years we ran far more to set up the pass than the other way around, but it's a different NFL now and our run game is laughable when compared to the Terrell Davis years.

Oh and I do agree with you on the predictability of the playcalling. Honestly it's a joke.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #9
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Whatever dude Mccoy is a good coach that has shown great ability to design offense for his personel. He will get HC gig next year. That being said we do need to set up run with the pass. We need to sign another back in my opinion.
at you thinking McCoy is a good coach. Why? Because his offense only ever gets rolling when his stupid run-on-every-first-down playcalling is thrown out the window? Honestly the amount of times this offense has stalled this season despite Manning playing as well as he ever has is just pathetic. Period.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Lol, there are still McCoy defenders out there.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #11
Vine

Quote:

This is the most retarded post ever. Last year, McCoy failed spectacularly in designing an offense the personnel, especially considering the qb that he needed to design an offense for.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #12
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
at you thinking McCoy is a good coach. Why? Because his offense only ever gets rolling when his stupid run-on-every-first-down playcalling is thrown out the window? Honestly the amount of times this offense has stalled this season despite Manning playing as well as he ever has is just pathetic. Period.
Our offense is fine. Of course we had growing pains early on and we have been great lately. I'll bet you expected the offense to look like colts from 5 years ago out of the gate. You want to blame McCoy when Manning probably has more imput.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #13
Agamemnon

Quote:
Our offense is fine. Of course we had growing pains early on and we have been great lately. I'll bet you expected the offense to look like colts from 5 years ago out of the gate. You want to blame McCoy when Manning probably has more imput.
Right...because Manning teams have a long history of predictable run plays on 1st down...
Old 11-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #14
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
To be fair in those Super Bowl years we ran far more to set up the pass than the other way around, but it's a different NFL now and our run game is laughable when compared to the Terrell Davis years.

Oh and I do agree with you on the predictability of the playcalling. Honestly it's a joke.
That is not really true. A lot of the times Elway would come out and start throwing the ball in the first quarter to loosen up the defense for TD.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #15
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
This is the most retarded post ever. Last year, McCoy failed spectacularly in designing an offense the personnel, especially considering the qb that he needed to design an offense for.
That is a retarded post. in fact that is so spactacularly retarded it make me think you are a Teboner.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #16
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Not sure what Broncos you watched but I saw a QB that couldn't run a normal offense and saw McCoy put in whole new system in 2 weeks to fit a fb playing qb.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #17
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

How do you freeze/bring in the Mike or Will on 2nd/3rd downs when so many of your passes go across the middle?

Like it or not, a LOT of what we do in the pass games is around the middle and for that you definitely need to run the ball a lot of the times on 1st down for play action then to really work.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #18
Vine

Quote:
Not sure what Broncos you watched but I saw a QB that couldn't run a normal offense and saw McCoy put in whole new system in 2 weeks to fit a fb playing qb.
I never suggested McCoy needed to design a normal offense. Just not one in which you pass on 98% of all first downs. Any team who is THAT predictable is doomed to struggle.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #19
Agamemnon

Quote:
That is not really true. A lot of the times Elway would come out and start throwing the ball in the first quarter to loosen up the defense for TD.
They did both. They were quite balanced in general, but they still ran to set up the play action a lot of the time.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #20
Agamemnon

Quote:
That is a retarded post. in fact that is so spactacularly retarded it make me think you are a Teboner.
The only retardation I ever see on this topic is that of those who see constant two receiver sets and only ever being allowed to throw on third down as "adapting the offense to Tebow". I mean sure, he made changes, but his changes sucked and generally only made passing all that much harder for the kid. McCoy sucks. Manning is good enough to overcome it a lot of the time while Tebow obviously wasn't, but the fact remains that McCoy really, really, really sucks.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #21
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
How do you freeze/bring in the Mike or Will on 2nd/3rd downs when so many of your passes go across the middle?

Like it or not, a LOT of what we do in the pass games is around the middle and for that you definitely need to run the ball a lot of the times on 1st down for play action then to really work.
When you always run on first down and pass on 2nd down how is that freeing up the middle?

You could do the play action pass on first down and the **** would be wide open!!
Old 11-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #22
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
When you always run on first down and pass on 2nd down how is that freeing up the middle?

You could do the play action pass on first down and the **** would be wide open!!
Saving it for NE in the playoffs
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #23
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

The only thing that annoys me is when they bunch the formation on 3rd and 1 and run. I think this works about 1 out of ten times. You have arguably the greatest QB in the game back there. Spread the field and let Peyton make the decision whether or not to run. Our offensive line isnt that great at run blocking.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #24
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #25
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I love it when you come in here and post dumb **** after dumb ****. Move on to the Jets board
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote