The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #126
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
I don't get the hate on Hillman. Not even 40 carries and people call him below average wtf.....

Hes the youngest player in the NFL, hes going to get better each game.
The "below average" talk is certainly no worse than your bolded part, which I've seen from more than one person around here. People constantly state it as fact, but it couldn't be any further from that. There is absolutely no such thing as a guarantee that anyone will get better each game.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #127
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
At this point in his career Hillman is below average, no hate.
Half a season in his NFL career, being a backup RB who has just recently moved up to #2 on the depth chart.
He's averaging over 4 yards a carry, and he's below average.

Holy crap dude. Seriously, holy crap.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #128
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
I don't get the hate on Hillman. Not even 40 carries and people call him below average wtf.....

Hes the youngest player in the NFL, hes going to get better each game. He broke Marshall Faulk's college record and John Fox & even Faulk himself compared him to Faulk. So they obviously see some real all star potential in him.

You can already start to see flashes of his potential. Hes not slow, you can't reverse the field (like you seen him do on that run) unless you have speed and explosion he has both you will see this shine more when he gets more carries.

The kid is going shut people up before the end of the year though I am pretty confidant in that.

Me too.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #129
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Half a season in his NFL career, being a backup RB who has just recently moved up to #2 on the depth chart.
He's averaging over 4 yards a carry, and he's below average.

Holy crap dude. Seriously, holy crap.
I dont give a care what Hillman's about to do next season or down the line. We're trying to win a big road game next week and this guy cant really be counted on to help us do that.
Peyton is seriously one brutal, neck breaking tackle away from being done.
I want to win now.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #130
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:

Hes the youngest player in the NFL, hes going to get better each game. He broke Marshall Faulk's college record and John Fox & even Faulk himself compared him to Faulk. So they obviously see some real all star potential in him.

You can already start to see flashes of his potential. Hes not slow, you can't reverse the field (like you seen him do on that run) unless you have speed and explosion he has both you will see this shine more when he gets more carries.

The kid is going shut people up before the end of the year though I am pretty confidant in that.
Good take. The main reason we don't see him more has nothing to do with ability. I think he's still struggling with the offense. Manning basically tells him exactly what to do every time he's in the game.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #131
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
So basically you want our power back to have more speed and our shifty speed back to have more power? Dumb poster post dumb ****.
As long as we're wishing, I'd like our RB to weigh 450 lb and run a 4.0 40.
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #132
fwf

Look. we could do so much better. Mcgahee is a decent 3rd down back at this point. If you're slow and have fumble issues u need to be replaced.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #133
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Yet we are kicking the **** out of a team. Stop with the stupid bumps of your **** stain thread.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #134
fwf

You're right. Go Willis. MVP.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #135
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

You are really a dumb human being, aren't you?
Old 11-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #136
fwf

I cheer with my pals and I come to the main to b****. I've been saying it for A while that Willis is subpar and I just wanted to come and Prove to bags like yOu who support this guy. He's a millionaire. I think we have the right to criticize. We should have brought in sOmeone at the deadline. Say what I want. But it's the truth. You lose.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #137
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
I cheer with my pals and I come to the main to b****. I've been saying it for A while that Willis is subpar and I just wanted to come and Prove to bags like yOu who support this guy. He's a millionaire. I think we have the right to criticize. We should have brought in sOmeone at the deadline. Say what I want. But it's the truth. You lose.
all you had to do was say the first sentence! We are cool, I get it now!

I don't support him, I just think your post is dumb when we are destroying teams. We are contenders. We may very well need to upgrade RB, but it isn't holding us back yet!
Old 11-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #138
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

With the 32nd overall pick in the 2013 draft, the Denver Broncos select Le'veon Bell, Michigan St.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #139
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

It's too bad we have a two game lead on the division and still aren't contenders. Not without that extra back and linebacker. If only...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #140
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post

I don't support him, I just think your post is dumb when we are destroying teams. We are contenders. We may very well need to upgrade RB, but it isn't holding us back yet!
His post is dumb because the alternative is Lance Ball and Moreno. The trade deadline passed and there is no one on the waiver wire worth looking at, yet some of these guys act like picking up quality players is as easy as going down to the local AutoZone and getting a pack of spark plugs.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #141
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
With the 32nd overall pick in the 2013 draft, the Denver Broncos select Le'veon Bell, Michigan St.
Nice! I like it.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #142
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

I agree that it is silly not to consider us an title contender - we are well positioned to win the division and have a very valid chance to get a first round bye.

Having said all that, I think there are legitimate concerns re WM. He is a solid grind-it-out back and he is solid in blocking and receiving. I love his attitude, toughness and hard work. But he is not a break-away threat, and dang it - all those fumbles.

Ask yourself what is our weakest O position. If Kuper comes back you could make the argument that it is at running back.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #143
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug View Post
I agree that it is silly not to consider us an title contender - we are well positioned to win the division and have a very valid chance to get a first round bye.

Having said all that, I think there are legitimate concerns re WM. He is a solid grind-it-out back and he is solid in blocking and receiving. I love his attitude, toughness and hard work. But he is not a break-away threat, and dang it - all those fumbles.

Ask yourself what is our weakest O position. If Kuper comes back you could make the argument that it is at running back.
If we were still running the Tebow offense, then this would be a huge issue, but we aren't. Therefore, we don't need AP at RB, we just need MCGahee to hold on to the damn ball!

I've got to think that Studesville is going to give Moreno or Lance Ball more reps this week in practice to send a message and light a fire under McGahee.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #144
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post

2 fumbles is not holding us back??

You want to rethink that?