The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Fox is such a p***Y

For real dude, 9 seconds left in half. 4th and 1. The other team is NOT going to do anything if you don't get it. You give yourself a chance at a shorter FG.

I know he conservative but this to me is conservative to the point where you hurt your team.

Fox - grow a ****in pair already.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

Eh? Smart play. Newton has a cannon for an arm. At the 50, he has a chance to get it into the endzone. A kick guarantees he doesn't. We had the lead and the kick at the half. Smart call imo.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Up by 10 on the road and getting the ball to start the half. Nothing wrong with that decision.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

I thought it was probably smart play there, Thomas hurt, not much momentum.

Not going on 4th and 1 (or challenging a terrible spot) with a chance to seal the game on the previous drive was much more frustrating.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
DENVERDUI55

Yeah take a sack or a bunch of other bad things could happen vs the long shot of a fg in a game you are dominating. Smart play call by Fox especially in a game Denver has control in.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #6
doonwise
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
For real dude, 9 seconds left in half. 4th and 1. The other team is NOT going to do anything if you don't get it. You give yourself a chance at a shorter FG.

I know he conservative but this to me is conservative to the point where you hurt your team.

Overreact much?? I hardly think the head coach deserves to be called a pu**y for punting after his kicker just missed an easier kick. Dial it down, friend.
doonwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post

if I were your doctor, I would prescribe less madden
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
I thought it was probably smart play there, Thomas hurt, not much momentum.

Not going on 4th and 1 (or challenging a terrible spot) with a chance to seal the game on the previous drive was much more frustrating.
Still baffled he didn't challenge that spot.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #9
Vine

It's only a matter of time when Fox's dumbass coaching will actually cost the Broncos a game.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #10
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Dumbest.Thread.Ever.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #11
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
I didn't think Hilman made it anyway. It probably would have been a closer 4th & 1, but if Fox was just going to kick it anyway, then it didn't matter.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #12
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
Challenging the spot loses a timeout and a challenge. The replay showed that while he MAY have had forward progress for the First down, odds are much greater that he would have been a little short. While they would have moved the ball, we still would have lost the challenge.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #13
doonwise
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
It's only a matter of time when Fox's dumbass coaching will actually cost the Broncos a game.
You can say this about any coach in the NFL.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #14
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I didn't think Hilman made it anyway. It probably would have been a closer 4th & 1, but if Fox was just going to kick it anyway, then it didn't matter.
The way I understand replay rules, if replay doesn't result in an adjusted spot that results in a first down, then the team loses a challenge. But there was a very good angle that looked like Hilman stretched the ball REALLY close to the 1st down line that should have at least resulted in a measurement. But if the measurement shows the ball to be inches short, Denver loses the challenge and a timeout, but is in much better position to go for it on 4th down.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #15
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by doonwise View Post
You can say this about any coach in the NFL.
Fox is different though. I don't agree with his conservativeness when it comes to 2 minute situations and punt/fg/go for it decisions. He has been known to not challenge plays that have showed to be situations where a challenge might be beneficial.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #16
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Dumbest.Thread.Ever.
This. The coach who rebuilt this team into what it is wins back to back road games, this one going away, and people are starting threads calling him a dumb ass and p***Y.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #17
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Fox is different though. I don't agree with his conservativeness when it comes to 2 minute situations and punt/fg/go for it decisions. He has been known to not challenge plays that have showed to be situations where a challenge might be beneficial.
How about his team that has scored 10 TD's other than offense in the past 2 years? His coaching has been great and we have shown to get back into games we were down big in. Funny how you think you can call a better game than him.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #18
doonwise
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This. The coach who rebuilt this team into what it is wins back to back road games, this one going away, and people are starting threads calling him a dumb ass and p***Y.
AND after one of the most complete games I've ever seen the broncos play. Perfection doesn't exist in football and from a team perspective, it doesn't get much better than today's performance.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #19
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

I'm not as emotional about that call as you are, but I had the same reasoning as you...I would have gone for it, under the reasoning that Carolina would have had less than 5 seconds to do anything with it...
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #20
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
I'm not as emotional about that call as you are, but I had the same reasoning as you...I would have gone for it, under the reasoning that Carolina would have had less than 5 seconds to do anything with it...
Pick 6, fumble recovery for td, sack and they get long fg try, hail mary td for newton, pi on hail mary vs possible long fg for Denver. Too much risk vs what you could get out of going for it.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #21
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

WTF is wrong with you people. I come in here and you would have thought we lost. Jesus, great win. ZONA, you sir are a $#@%$@#%@#$%. Re watch the game and that last 1st half sequence and get back to me.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #22
canadianbroncosfan

This thread needs to go to the thread grave yard.

All hail J. Fox!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #23
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Challenging the spot loses a timeout and a challenge. The replay showed that while he MAY have had forward progress for the First down, odds are much greater that he would have been a little short. While they would have moved the ball, we still would have lost the challenge.
No if they had changed the spot of the ball that means we would have won te challenge - whether it resulted in a first down or not.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #24
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Pick 6, fumble recovery for td, sack and they get long fg try, hail mary td for newton, pi on hail mary vs possible long fg for Denver. Too much risk vs what you could get out of going for it.
If Tebow is your QB, then you punt, but he's not, Manning is...the percentages are not the same as they were (see Bill Belichick)...I like the odds of good vs bad things going for it in that situation...

I'm not emotional about this, I understand why the Broncos punted, but all things considered, I would have gone for it...I'm glad to know it didn't matter one way or another...
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #25
Agamemnon

What I really didn't understand was him not challenging a spot that was clearly a full yard short of where it should've been. You challenge, and if it's 4th and inches you go for it. Unless you are the spineless wonder named John Fox.