The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 04:13 AM   #1
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,223

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default Texas A&M Receiver called "The Next Eric Decker"

Swope entered the season as a possibly late-round selection but elevated his draft grade even prior to the contest against Alabama. His dominant performance during A&M's 29-24 victory over the top-ranked Tide will force scouts to continue to revaluate their opinion of Swope. The senior finished the day with 11 receptions for 111 yards and one touchdown. More impressively, Swope came through in the clutch, making spectacular catches during the game's critical moments, including two receptions in the fourth quarter, which moved the Aggies into scoring position. Swope lacks the speed to be used as a vertical receiver, but he plays smart, tough football and offers reliable hands. His game is similar to Broncos receiver Eric Decker and Swope could end up a third-round pick, just like Decker.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2Buocwr5f

Shouldn't that be "The Next Next Ed McCaffrey"?
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,495
Default

Is he white or something? lol I love how you never see someone say hey that white boy reminds me of lynn swann. Or say a black linebacker compared to Jack Lambert or something.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:43 AM   #3
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Swope entered the season as a possibly late-round selection but elevated his draft grade even prior to the contest against Alabama. His dominant performance during A&M's 29-24 victory over the top-ranked Tide will force scouts to continue to revaluate their opinion of Swope. The senior finished the day with 11 receptions for 111 yards and one touchdown. More impressively, Swope came through in the clutch, making spectacular catches during the game's critical moments, including two receptions in the fourth quarter, which moved the Aggies into scoring position. Swope lacks the speed to be used as a vertical receiver, but he plays smart, tough football and offers reliable hands. His game is similar to Broncos receiver Eric Decker and Swope could end up a third-round pick, just like Decker.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2Buocwr5f

Shouldn't that be "The Next Next Ed McCaffrey"?
So I take it he is white.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #4
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,379
Default

ridiculous. We can't he play like Chris Carter, Keyshawn Johnson, or some other posation receiver?
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:34 AM   #5
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,223

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Is he white or something? lol I love how you never see someone say hey that white boy reminds me of lynn swann. Or say a black linebacker compared to Jack Lambert or something.
Of course, he's white.... in fact, he's downright gingery!

BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #6
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,856

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Of course, he's white.... in fact, he's downright gingery!

Reminds me of Steve Watson.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #7
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,943

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Is he white or something? lol I love how you never see someone say hey that white boy reminds me of lynn swann. Or say a black linebacker compared to Jack Lambert or something.
1,000,000% agree! I've been saying Russell Wilson reminds me of Doug Flutie, but the media never says it for that exact reason!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:42 AM   #8
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Who ya Got?

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,135

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

They only said Decker cause hes white lol Humans are so predictable
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #9
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit
 
broncogary's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
They only said Decker cause hes white lol Humans are so predictable
I knew you were going to say that.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #10
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,222

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
1,000,000% agree! I've been saying Russell Wilson reminds me of Doug Flutie, but the media never says it for that exact reason!
That is a damn good comparison between Flutie snd Wilson
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #11
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
They only said Decker cause hes white lol Humans are so predictable

...


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #12
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,094

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Of course, he's white.... in fact, he's downright gingery!

The similarities to Jerry Rice are uncanny!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #13
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,856

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
The similarities to Jerry Rice are uncanny!
Meh, looks a little slower and less athletic. He does look like a very smart player though, and comes off in appearance as being extremely well spoken. Big upside.

Last edited by bowtown; 11-11-2012 at 09:09 AM..
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #14
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,804

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

He's only 6'0. Too short to be either.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
The similarities to Jerry Rice are uncanny!
Looks like Todd Marinocich playing WR to me. I hope he doesn't smoke speed like Todd Marinovich.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #16
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,540
Default

Russell Wilson actually reminds me of Jeff Garcia which I haven't heard anyone ever say...
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:29 AM.


Denver Broncos