The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default Brilliance in Match-Ups

Quote:
I want to dive right into one of the most creative plays that I can recall seeing in terms of game-planning favorable match-ups: The Dreessen TD.

Initially, the play looks standard… Peyton Manning hitting a TE in the back of the end zone for 6. We’ve seen it a hundred times (literally). But something caught my eye on the lineup of this play:

Curiously enough, that’s Dreessen at the top of the image lined up at split end in a single-back shotgun formation. Now my curiosity’s piqued and I start examining the play closer. That’s Tamme underneath in the slot. Now I’m wondering if they’re using the formation to give Decker or Demaryius an isolated match-up at flanker.

…nope. That’s Virgil Green.

Three Tight Ends split out wide in a shotgun? And if all of our TE’s are playing outside… who the heck is on the LOS at TE?!?!? Chris Clark, our swing tackle and extra goalline blocker.
Rest at: http://patrickturley.org/brilliance-in-match-ups/

------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I'd post more, but it's hard with the pics I have up to visually show what I'm talking about.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links