The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 01:56 AM   #101
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
this is my problem with it as well. once you legalize it morons will claim they should be free to smoke it everywhere you can smoke a cigarette and etc.
then you'll have more idiots driving while stoned, getting into wrecks and claiming it was their legal right to do so.

i know there are plenty of people who only smoke in their own private home and those will be responsible and fine once it's legal.
it's the idiots who think they have no moral or legal obligations that worry me.
then apply the laws for drunk driving toward smokin weed too.

its legal to use sleeping pills or drugs that make you loopy but you can be arrested for driving while impaired i believe
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:27 AM   #102
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
You are correct the idiots are who you should be worried about.

That said drunks still kill thousands a year. Cause billions in damage and yet it is still legal for other morons to use.
Do you know how many more people are killed by soccer Moms talking to their girlfriends on their cell phones every year? Distraction can't be measured but it is the big killer.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:39 AM   #103
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
Do you know how many more people are killed by soccer Moms talking to their girlfriends on their cell phones every year? Distraction can't be measured but it is the big killer.
That's crazy talk. We lose about 40 people a day to alcohol-related deaths on the road. It is by far the greatest contributor to fatal accidents.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:47 AM   #104
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
So, for example, I wouldn't be able to disallow smoking weed on my property? It's a protected, enforceable, right to smoke weed, such that no other relationships -- property, contract, employment, etc. -- can come into play? It has been exalted to the level of a religion, I take it?

I'm not bothering to read the thing. It feels kind of like you're wrong about that. I'm just using the Force to detect that.
No, no, no.

Why are you having so much trouble with this?

100 other posters in this thread are making it clear. We're all on the same page but you. Now that weed has been legalized, you as a person can legally smoke it, but your employer can also enforce his legal rights to fire you for it (unless you have a signed contract with him/her that says you can smoke it and not be fired for it). "Legal" and "allowable on the job" are two different things.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:49 AM   #105
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
This is why people don't want to legalize it -- dopeheads claim they just want to be left alone and able to smoke weed. But give them one inch and they're suddenly claiming they have an unfettered right to to stuff reefer joints in a baby's nostril.
Because every time I crack open a beer, I look for the nearest baby's bottle to fill up......

Why are you being so inconsistent?
Old 11-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #106
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
It is not performance enhancing. They shouldn't be able to ban players from using it in states where is legal. It now has the same status as alcohol these states, a legal drug. Its like the NFL banning alcohol use for its players.
Except that you know, alcohol is not prohibited in any state or at the federal level and weed is still illegal nationally.

How is the NFL saying no to a federally illegal substance anything at all like them saying you cant drink alcohol which is completely legal for anyone over the age of 21 anywhere in the United States?
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #107
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
So, for example, I wouldn't be able to disallow smoking weed on my property? It's a protected, enforceable, right to smoke weed, such that no other relationships -- property, contract, employment, etc. -- can come into play? It has been exalted to the level of a religion, I take it?

I'm not bothering to read the thing. It feels kind of like you're wrong about that. I'm just using the Force to detect that.
What are you even talking about? You do realize something can be legal with limits and regulations, right? You can't drink beer everywhere, you can't smoke everywhere. Neither are decriminalized though, they are legal.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #108
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
What are you even talking about? You do realize something can be legal with limits and regulations, right? You can't drink beer everywhere, you can't smoke everywhere. Neither are decriminalized though, they are legal.
By his bringing the topic of religion into play, it leads me to believe he's confusing the process of legalizing something with the process of making something a legally protected class.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #109
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

lemme simplify this :
state law says you can now smoke weed.
federal law says no you cant.
employers can say no you cant smoke weed.
nfl says no you cant either.
lighting a doobie and smoking can impair your judgement
driving while intoxicated or recklessly is illegal
do not smoke and drive you stoners lol
Old 11-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #110
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
lemme simplify this :
/thread
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #111
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
This is why people don't want to legalize it -- dopeheads claim they just want to be left alone and able to smoke weed. But give them one inch and they're suddenly claiming they have an unfettered right to to stuff reefer joints in a baby's nostril.
you're an idiot
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #112
teknic

Quote:
Amsterdam, that font of wisdom and light unto the world, has had a much more limited deployment of the wacky tobacky. Licensed clubs, authorized locations only, etc.

They respect the need of a society to get along with different subcultures. I think we ought to have the ability to preserve the climate we have for families that don't want to be around it, don't want to find themselves immersed in a pot culture.

I don't intend to ever be friends with a pot user, or to continue polite conversation in a place where it's being smoked. And there's a lot of people that feel the same way as me, but won't have the guts to say it.

So we just need to find a way for the pot smokers to get that weed that they love and think is so important. My acceptance, my approval, they cannot have. Don't see why they would want it -- but you watch. They will push into the public square and the employment arena with a victim mentality. One more group we have to deal with that sees the world as a giant source of rights for them.
Your ignorance is amazing.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #113
Drunken.Broncoholic

I'm assuming universities will not allow it either. College kids are in for a big surprise if they think they can smoke weed. Last thing universities want is federal funding to dry up by allowing a federal law to be broken.

Wonder if you can spark up at the resorts? Now people don't need to hide in the woods off the runs. Or since its on private land it can be banned too? Lots of things to watch play out
Old 11-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #114
nyuk nyuk

States can pass all the local laws they want. It's still illegal on a federal level and therefore illegal, period. You can pass a state law right now to bar blacks from voting, but guess what?

Yes, that's right, you can't do that.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #115
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Wow...there's no shortage of ridiculous posts in here.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #116
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
then apply the laws for drunk driving toward smokin weed too.

its legal to use sleeping pills or drugs that make you loopy but you can be arrested for driving while impaired i believe
They already do.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #117
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
They already do.
btw i voted for that law but at the same time you shouldn't toke and drive your judgement will be impaired .
you shouldn't let children use it
legal limit should be 18
shouldn't be allowed in schools or places that prohibit intoxicating substances ie operating heavy machinery.
the feds can still bust you so toke in public at your own risk .
LEGALIZE MARIJUANA ON A FEDERAL LEVEL
Old 11-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #118
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

to the people who think marijuana is so bad tell all of us why you think its bad, and back it up with hard true facts !
Old 11-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #119
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
to the people who think marijuana is so bad tell all of us why you think its bad, and back it up with hard true facts !
My uncle died of lung cancer. Never smoked a cigarette in his life but smoked alot of weed. Doctors said it was the weed. My cousin died in a car accident where the driver was high on weed. Don't give me this not bad crap when clearly it affects innocent people.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #120
teknic

Quote:
There are no "true facts" to support that cannabis is bad. It is possibly the most useful plant in history for its medicinal value and also for the manufacture of myriad consumer goods, especially textiles.

List of scientific studies on the medicinal value of cannabinoids:
http://www.letfreedomgrow.com/cmu/Gr...istJan2012.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jO_ncXj7RE
Old 11-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #121
teknic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
My uncle died of lung cancer. Never smoked a cigarette in his life but smoked alot of weed. Doctors said it was the weed. My cousin died in a car accident where the driver was high on weed. Don't give me this not bad crap when clearly it affects innocent people.
It's unhealthy to smoke anything. It's a crude combustion process because it doesn't occur at a high enough thermodynamic temperature, or in an environment with excess oxygen. This "dirty" combustion creates a lot of unwanted byproducts including Nitrogen oxides, which are harmful. That being said, many of the cannabinoids present in the plant have been shown to have significant anti-carcinogenic affect. Most people who use cannabis for medicinal purposes either use a vaporizer or make edibles, thereby avoiding any of the negative health effects.

Prohibition has hurt more people than legalization EVER willl.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #122
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
lemme simplify this :

The vote was Tuesday, So now the LAW currently reads you can now smoke, or did just the vote pass and the state still needs to implement it?

Either way, I am laughing my ass off, Colorado is so damn close to becoming what it hates most in the world..... CALIFORNIA with no beach
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #123
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknic View Post
It's unhealthy to smoke anything. It's a crude combustion process because it doesn't occur at a high enough thermodynamic temperature, or in an environment with excess oxygen. This "dirty" combustion creates a lot of unwanted byproducts including Nitrogen oxides, which are harmful. That being said, many of the cannabinoids present in the plant have been shown to have significant anti-carcinogenic affect. Most people who use cannabis for medicinal purposes either use a vaporizer or make edibles, thereby avoiding any of the negative health effects.

Prohibition has hurt more people than legalization EVER willl.

Not only does it cause lung cancer it is now widely known to increase the cause of testicular cancer in young males. I've seen permanent damage that its causes to my family. People can tell me it's harmless and beneficial, but not to me. I have 2 family members gone as a direct result.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #124
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
The vote was Tuesday, So now the LAW currently reads you can now smoke, or did just the vote pass and the state still needs to implement it?

Either way, I am laughing my ass off, Colorado is so damn close to becoming what it hates most in the world..... CALIFORNIA with no beach
California policies mirror the presidents. Everyone sees how California is ****ed up. People just need to look at Cali in what they have to look forward to.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #125
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Companies are working on tests to determine if you are high. Whoever makes the best one that passes the muster in a courtroom will be really rich.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote