The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #76
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Repubs arent done playing politics just yet. Not like dems gave up because GWB won 2 in a row. Repubs will push immigration reform, hold firm on raising taxes. Immigration the logical place to look for a change.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #77
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Repubs arent done playing politics just yet. Not like dems gave up because GWB won 2 in a row. Repubs will push immigration reform, hold firm on raising taxes. Immigration the logical place to look for a change.
Or everyone will just bitter after they lose their jobs by their employers. We're dropping 5 employees After 1st of the year and I imagine many more business owners will do the same
Old 11-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #78
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

it will be a struggle for the next 2 or so years. there will be a lot of gridlocked and hand tying issues floating around politics.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #79
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

If lifestyle were a selling point for players, then the CU Buffs would be annual NCAA title contenders.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #80
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

'Legalize it, don't criticize it"

They do call it the NATIONAL football league for a reason though...
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #81
teknic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
If lifestyle were a selling point for players, then the CU Buffs would be annual NCAA title contenders.
It seems to work pretty well for Oregon.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #82
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowebomber View Post
Employers are still going to drug test employees, and the employee does not have a legal leg to stand on if they come up hot for marijuana and are fired. If an employer doesn't want a pot smoker to work at his or her business, they don't have to. Just because it is legal doesn't mean that pot smokers now belong to some protected class such as minority groups.
The problem is there are no tests that show you are under the influence of pot.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #83
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bůg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoLifer View Post
You don't think the NFL is engaged in interstate commerce?
It not about about interstate commerce, the NFL and other professional sports leagues in this country have been granted exemption from Federal Anti-trust laws by Congress. By knowingly allow members to engage in illegal federal act, that anti-trust status is put in jeopardy.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #84
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
The problem is there are no tests that show you are under the influence of pot.
other than red eyes, dry mouth and an insatiable appetite for oreo cookies. Other than that, nope.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #85
Drunken.Broncoholic

Growing your hair out is perfectly legal. Getting a tattoo on your face is perfectly legal. Both will get you fired at several jobs. Companies and employers can and should be able to set their own guidelines.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #86
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

If they follow NY's lead (with cigarettes) they'll tax the hell out of it, but make it to where you can't smoke it anywhere but at your own home, and then b**** about the shortfall on tax revenue as people figure what the hell...might as well chew gum.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #87
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Growing your hair out is perfectly legal. Getting a tattoo on your face is perfectly legal. Both will get you fired at several jobs. Companies and employers can and should be able to set their own guidelines.
This^

Nobody is forcing anyone play in the NFL...or work anywhere else.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #88
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Was speaking hypothetically with 2 former NFLers and a current NBAer. They all agreed if players on a team didn't have to be tested for weed due to state law- it would be a greater recruiting advantage than big markets have in the NBA.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #89
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
That's not entirely true! Depending on where you work it can get you fired (although I'm pretty sure that's discrimination). Somebody with a face tattoo and/or long hair can get jobs working in the entertainment industry, department stores, and other places. I mean I work in a laboratory and I see people (with and about to receive Ph.D.'s) with long hair, piercings, and alot of tattoos.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #90
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
That's EXACTLY what happened.
So, for example, I wouldn't be able to disallow smoking weed on my property? It's a protected, enforceable, right to smoke weed, such that no other relationships -- property, contract, employment, etc. -- can come into play? It has been exalted to the level of a religion, I take it?

I'm not bothering to read the thing. It feels kind of like you're wrong about that. I'm just using the Force to detect that.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #91
Jay3

This is why people don't want to legalize it -- dopeheads claim they just want to be left alone and able to smoke weed. But give them one inch and they're suddenly claiming they have an unfettered right to to stuff reefer joints in a baby's nostril.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #92
JPPT1974
Thanksgiving 2014!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning!

Hope we never see Manning use marijuana or any other players. As that would be a bad role modeling for the kids that look up to them!
JPPT1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #93
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
This is why people don't want to legalize it -- dopeheads claim they just want to be left alone and able to smoke weed. But give them one inch and they're suddenly claiming they have an unfettered right to to stuff reefer joints in a baby's nostril.
this is my problem with it as well. once you legalize it morons will claim they should be free to smoke it everywhere you can smoke a cigarette and etc.
then you'll have more idiots driving while stoned, getting into wrecks and claiming it was their legal right to do so.

i know there are plenty of people who only smoke in their own private home and those will be responsible and fine once it's legal.
it's the idiots who think they have no moral or legal obligations that worry me.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #94
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
Hope we never see Manning use marijuana or any other players. As that would be a bad role modeling for the kids that look up to them!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #95
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
That's not entirely true! Depending on where you work it can get you fired (although I'm pretty sure that's discrimination). Somebody with a face tattoo and/or long hair can get jobs working in the entertainment industry, department stores, and other places. I mean I work in a laboratory and I see people (with and about to receive Ph.D.'s) with long hair, piercings, and alot of tattoos.
Ya chances are they had them when hired. But it's up to the company and employer as to whether or not they want them as an employee. You most certainly can have long hair and face tats in the entertainment industry, labs and other jobs. Try growing long hair and getting a face tat if you're a cop. Ain't gonna happen. Grounds for termination written in their guidelines.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #96
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
this is my problem with it as well. once you legalize it morons will claim they should be free to smoke it everywhere you can smoke a cigarette and etc.
then you'll have more idiots driving while stoned, getting into wrecks and claiming it was their legal right to do so.

i know there are plenty of people who only smoke in their own private home and those will be responsible and fine once it's legal.
it's the idiots who think they have no moral or legal obligations that worry me.
Amsterdam, that font of wisdom and light unto the world, has had a much more limited deployment of the wacky tobacky. Licensed clubs, authorized locations only, etc.

They respect the need of a society to get along with different subcultures. I think we ought to have the ability to preserve the climate we have for families that don't want to be around it, don't want to find themselves immersed in a pot culture.

I don't intend to ever be friends with a pot user, or to continue polite conversation in a place where it's being smoked. And there's a lot of people that feel the same way as me, but won't have the guts to say it.

So we just need to find a way for the pot smokers to get that weed that they love and think is so important. My acceptance, my approval, they cannot have. Don't see why they would want it -- but you watch. They will push into the public square and the employment arena with a victim mentality. One more group we have to deal with that sees the world as a giant source of rights for them.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #97
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Considering it is against federal law. IIRC still a banned substance under the CBA.

I do not understand why it would be an issue..

If the NFL does allow team members of Of two teams to use then what about those visiting players before of after games. To or from the airport.

Laws are laws rules are rules.

If it is that important for you to light up then quit your multi-million dollar NFL contract and do so.

In that context then it is probably not all that important.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #98
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Probably why they are not. One of the reasons they suck.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #99
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post

You are correct the idiots are who you should be worried about.

That said drunks still kill thousands a year. Cause billions in damage and yet it is still legal for other morons to use.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #100
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
http://m.upi.com/story/UPI-55851304608184/

You tell him he should go to prison.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote