The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #26
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
So yes, I think I can leave because no one is smart enough to benefit from anything I have to say.

Best. Post. Ever.

Don't let the door......
Since I really did not say that. And you are unable even quote correctly.

I felt Like it was worth fixing the your fubar.

****ing morons
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #27
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

this just means that it's a good time to buy, but you could have set your watch to this ****. I think Drek has some pretty good analysis on the situation in addition to the outcome of the election.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #28
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:

****ing morons
Says the delusional idiot who turned out to be wrong about everything.

Last edited by L.A. BRONCOS FAN; 11-08-2012 at 05:32 PM..
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #29
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

wow dow down another 100 plus points and almost a full 1%. Hopefully this is just a short sell off and soon it will level off or something. Also s&p down, Nasd down.

They better make a deal on the sequestration and fast. Really dems have no power to do it like they want. Election changed nothing the country still left repub in the house which we all know has a lot of power.

Repubs aren't going to let you raise tax. They will say the 48% popular vote, and them retaining the house, is enough of a message that the country doesn't want higher taxes. Obama won on womens issues and the Latino vote. Neither of which is a mandate for higher taxes.

Obama not in as great of a spot as people think. Economy will tank if he doesn't deal.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #30
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Obama in a way worst spot right now then 4 yrs ago. I feel sorry for him almost because that sequestration is like a chain around his neck with a time bomb on it. He doesn't have time to play hardball with the House. He has to deal and deal fast. No way he gets all the tax raising he wants.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #31
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
Says the delusional idiot who turned out to be wrong about everything.

Good ole Rachel.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #32
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
wow dow down another 100 plus points and almost a full 1%. Hopefully this is just a short sell off and soon it will level off or something. Also s&p down, Nasd down.

They better make a deal on the sequestration and fast. Really dems have no power to do it like they want. Election changed nothing the country still left repub in the house which we all know has a lot of power.

Repubs aren't going to let you raise tax. They will say the 48% popular vote, and them retaining the house, is enough of a message that the country doesn't want higher taxes. Obama won on womens issues and the Latino vote. Neither of which is a mandate for higher taxes.

Obama not in as great of a spot as people think. Economy will tank if he doesn't deal.
Wow, a 100 points? Not unusual at all. Does it really seem like a big drop when the market is seen as moderately overvalued and a pull back expected, especially with the 'fiscal cliff' on the near horizon??

The prospect of a repeat of the last 4 years of stubborn 'no taxes on the table' bs makes everyone nervous. Bi partisan agreement means exactly that. Congress, Obama, get to work!

Note to the Tea Party: It is impossible to just cut our way out of this recession, it will also take additional tax revenue, not more tax cuts for the wealthy.

Why is this fiscal fact of life so difficult for some to grasp?
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #33
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Economy will tank if he doesn't deal.

Who needs an economy when you have weed and gay marriage

side note, I think the OP belongs in the 6 biggest overreactions thread

Last edited by chadta; 11-08-2012 at 06:47 PM..
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #34
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I think a good deal of investor pessimism has to do with the GOP again will try to obstruct the "Grand Bargain". Which is really needed.
What will Obamas deal be? How can the markets know until he unviels what he is willing to offer repubs to get it done. Repubs already said we will close loopholes to raise revenue, along with spending cuts. So that right there is saying no to raising capital gains, housholds making 250 grand. What will obamas counter offer be?
Old 11-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #35
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Wow, a 100 points? Not unusual at all. Does it really seem like a big drop when the market is seen as moderately overvalued and a pull back expected, especially with the 'fiscal cliff' on the near horizon??

The prospect of a repeat of the last 4 years of stubborn 'no taxes on the table' bs makes everyone nervous. Bi partisan agreement means exactly that. Congress, Obama, get to work!

Note to the Tea Party: It is impossible to just cut our way out of this recession, it will also take additional tax revenue, not more tax cuts for the wealthy.

Nothing has changed. Repubs will still fight raising taxes. 48% of the country and enough to give them the house said they want that. That is enough to make them fight right there. I haven't seen one thing on Obamas side, or the repub side, that tells me positions have changed. Point out to me where Obama can force a repub house to raise taxes.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #36
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:

Losing 400 points in 2 days actually pretty bad. Whatever though keep dreaming that you achieved enough power to get the tax raising just like you want it. Repubs are going to fight it. Obama has more to lose then them now. Obama being quiet because IMO he is going to cave on a bunch of what he wants to get a deal on sequestration. He doesnt have to worry about pissing off liberals, while repubs still have a lot to worry about and more reason to fight. IMO Obama instead of playing hardball, will come right and make a deal that isn't his tax raise on 250 grand and up.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #37
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Losing 400 points in 2 days actually pretty bad. Whatever though keep dreaming that you achieved enough power to get the tax raising just like you want it. Repubs are going to fight it. Obama has more to lose then them now. Obama being quiet because IMO he is going to cave on a bunch of what he wants to get a deal on sequestration. He doesnt have to worry about pissing off liberals, while repubs still have a lot to worry about and more reason to fight. IMO Obama instead of playing hardball, will come right and make a deal that isn't his tax raise on 250 grand and up.
What is this supposed to mean? What power did I dream about getting??

This is about fiscal policy, not some dumbass partisan bs.

No recession....especially one this bad, has ever turned around by cuts alone, it needs revenue as well. Romney, wanted to cut more revenue and increase defense spending that would add $7 trillion to the deficit, and he claimed he would balance it with closing unspecified tax loopholes.
That fairy tale was obvious bull**** to everyone but the rubes who thought he had the answer and voted for him.

It's basic economics, but the GOP/Tea Party ignore reality and focus on ideology.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #38
Jetland

Quote:
Since I really did not say that. And you are unable even quote correctly.

I felt Like it was worth fixing the your fubar.

****ing morons
yes, yes you did say that
Old 11-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #39
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Nothing has changed.
Yes, something has changed. Obama can't be re-elected in 2016 so the GOP has a little bit less incentive for him to fail, and therefore less incentive to obstruct everything. It's now time for them to start worrying about their own jobs.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #40
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
What is this supposed to mean? What power did I dream about getting??

This is about fiscal policy, not some dumbass partisan bs.

No recession....especially one this bad, has ever turned around by cuts alone, it needs revenue as well. Romney, wanted to cut more revenue and increase defense spending that would add $7 trillion to the deficit, and he claimed he would balance it with closing unspecified tax loopholes.
That fairy tale was obvious bull**** to everyone but the rubes who thought he had the answer and voted for him.

It's basic economics, but the GOP/Tea Party ignore reality and focus on ideology.
I love how all federal spending is graded as prime Keynesian pump lubing necessary for growth. Except for defense spending. That has no effect obviously because nobody works for the military or military contractors.

If you believed your own theories you'd say "We can't AFFORD to cut defense spending"
Old 11-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #41
Bacchus

I love watching the stockmarket go down. All the big banks the free money days are over. Now you might have to actually go back and invest in THINGS to make a profit.

Anyway it will drop for a week or so, all the republitards will panic and then it will go back up.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #42
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yes, something has changed. Obama can't be re-elected in 2016 so the GOP has a little bit less incentive for him to fail, and therefore less incentive to obstruct everything. It's now time for them to start worrying about their own jobs.
You could just as easily say Obama doesn't have to run again, can go against the far left and come right. Much like Clinton did 2nd term to work with the right.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #43
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I love watching the stockmarket go down. All the big banks the free money days are over. Now you might have to actually go back and invest in THINGS to make a profit.

Anyway it will drop for a week or so, all the republitards will panic and then it will go back up.

what has changed to the corp tax structure that will make companies not want to offshore their foreign profits? Clinton talked about changing them, so did Romney, but not a peep from Obama how he plans to get those trillions sitting overseas to America. IMO that all we need to fix to increase revenue.

Drop the rate and make it profitable for companies to bring money home earned in overseas markets. Set the rate really low because they already had to pay tax on the country they did business in. Thats why they dont ever bring those profits home.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #44
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I love how all federal spending is graded as prime Keynesian pump lubing necessary for growth. Except for defense spending. That has no effect obviously because nobody works for the military or military contractors.

If you believed your own theories you'd say "We can't AFFORD to cut defense spending"
Which 'theories' are we talking about??
Old 01-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #45
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Dow, S&P 500 close at 5-year highs

After a mostly flat trading day, the Dow and S&P 500 climbed during the last hours of trading Friday to finish the week at their highest levels since December 2007....[continued]
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #46
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

The Dow and S&P have had a stellar recovery.

Let's see if the idiots in the House can avoid ****ing it up by NOT playing politics with the debt ceiling!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #47
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The Dow and S&P have had a stellar recovery.

Let's see if the idiots in the House can avoid ****ing it up by NOT playing politics with the debt ceiling!
BTW, for the trickle downers here: The stock markets recovering the way they have demonstrates undeniably that there is no problem whatsoever with capital (i.e. money in the hands of the "job creators") in the economy.

Anyone with at least half a brain can put that 2+2 together.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #48
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I think we should cut federal spending to the bone. We can start with all that welfare going to the red states. Too long have they suckled the federal tit.
As usual, Ro gives the war machine a pass.

A trillion a year for war without end -- is one of the big reasons for the present crisis. Military spending produces the fewest number of jobs per dollar spent than any other kind of expenditure.

Not to mention the drug trafficking, the remote control murder of marriages and funerals, the corrupt big contractors, and the many other ways this spending has undermined our political system.

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #49
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Bump
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #50
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
Bump
A good day to bump. Dow goes over 14000 for the first time since 07.

It looks a little overbought though, we'll probably get a minor correction sometime down the road.

5%-15% is what I am getting from some good sources, but I'm a happy camper for now.