The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #26
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I would say it was actually the best what he didn't sign.

A Baltimore Colts contract!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #27
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Guess I should have said free agent signing. Koppen has killed it.

Obviously the Von pick was incredible. And itms now looking like the Rahim Moore pick is going to pay off. The guy hasn't missed a tackle all year.

If Elway continues this and Brock works out, crossing my fingers, we can be a long term player in this league.
he got stiff armed by aj green on his cross route where he got to like the two yard line i think hes missed 3 total tackles but he looks so much better i hope he can start racking up some ints
Old 11-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #28
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Ummm, what? He most certainly was.

Elway was hired in Jan of 2011.
McGahee signed with us in July of 2011.
I stand corrected. For some reason I had Mcgahee here 3 years
Old 11-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #29
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I would say it was actually the best what he didn't sign.

A Baltimore Colts contract!
Or a baseball one!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #30
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

See some of the pictures of the women Elway be hanging out with? I think the smartest signing Elway had was when he signed his divorce papers.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #31
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Are you counting draft choices? Because I shouted for Marcell Dareus over Von Miller in the 2011 draft... and owe Elway an apology.
I think when all is said and done you're not going to be the only one who owes Elway an apology...many clowns on here are starting to eat their harsh words, many more will also do likewise.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #32
errand
Ring of Famer

How about John Fox and Jack Del Rio?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #33
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
See some of the pictures of the women Elway be hanging out with? I think the smartest signing Elway had was when he signed his divorce papers.
Perhaps. but I think he really wishes he and Janet had stayed married and remained a complete family happily ever after
Old 11-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #34
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Or a baseball one!
Well technically speaking he did sign a minor league baseball contract with the Yankees to play in 1982?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #35
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well technically speaking he did sign a minor league baseball contract with the Yankees to play in 1982?
Ya I was meaning a long term one that would send him in the direction of baseball. Good thing the colts traded him to us. Elway is still influencing this team decades later. Love it.

And I totally agree with you on the Elway haters. Underestimated him based on their hate to trade someone away
Old 11-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #36
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Perhaps. but I think he really wishes he and Janet had stayed married and remained a complete family happily ever after
thats why they had a divorce? yeah, let me guess, Janet Elway was 100% at fault. 99 out of 100 divorces is 50% mens fault and 50% womens fault. What Elway wishes and what he wanted was 2 totally different things.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #37
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Good thread.

How about his worse signing?

Andre Cadwell?

Tracy Porter (because of the money)?

Joe Mays?

Ty Warren (injuries)?
Really, I cannot fault any of those moves too much.

I have been watching film from last year and it seems to me Hagen played better than Mays. I know he is older but it seems he might have been the better LBer to re-sign. Anyway, all of these players signed for peanuts and can be easily cut with little cap hit. Mays will cost a bit but not a whole lot. He signed for $4 million a year I believe.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #38
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Who knows and really who cares because talking about it is pure speculation. They both seem happy now and Hohn has done a great job with the team.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #39
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
After Manning, it has to be Dan Koppen. It's crazy how fast he has adjusted to this offense and has had a hand in helping it run smoothly. I just read he has zero sacks and only one penalty. Who would have thought bringing in a vet center could prove to be one of the most important moves we make?
It's crazy only when compared to the sh*tty sloppy seconds McDouchebag filled this team with in Maroney, Jarvis Green, scrub OL, Brady Quinn, Mcree and other crappy players.

For most good GMs signing a veteran Center when the current starter has struggled the past two years is a no brainer.

Same with signing Leonhard when it became clear Carter was going on IR.
Same with Brooking when DJ suspension was looming.
Same with Bannan with Ty Warren's injury history.
Same with doubling up on Dreessen/Tamme.

I thought for sure McDouche had set this franchise back 5 years, thanks to the Duke we're right back on track.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #40
Drunken.Broncoholic

I almost threw up just now being reminded of McCree.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #41
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
How about John Fox and Jack Del Rio?
Ditto.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #42
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
It's crazy only when compared to the sh*tty sloppy seconds McDouchebag filled this team with in Maroney, Jarvis Green, scrub OL, Brady Quinn, Mcree and other crappy players.

For most good GMs signing a veteran Center when the current starter has struggled the past two years is a no brainer.

Same with signing Leonhard when it became clear Carter was going on IR.
Same with Brooking when DJ suspension was looming.
Same with Bannan with Ty Warren's injury history.
Same with doubling up on Dreessen/Tamme.

I thought for sure McDouche had set this franchise back 5 years, thanks to the Duke we're right back on track.
Wasn't McCree a Shanahan signing? Same year we trotted out Marquand Manuel for 16 games, right?

I don't think Walton is a scrub my any means and both he and Beadles (especially Beadles-wow) made huge strides this year. Having the foresight to sign a veteran like Koppen was huge though, especially since I think Manny Ramierez was also our primary backup C.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #43
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
McGahee.

If you are talking about this year only it's a tossup between Tamme, Dreessen, Koppen, and Brooking.
Really? You don't think Manning was a better signing then Tamme, Dressen, Koppen and Brooking?
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #44
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
Carter has been a very pleasant surprise. He was getting abused in the preseason.
No he wasn't...
Old 11-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #45
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Wasn't McCree a Shanahan signing? Same year we trotted out Marquand Manuel for 16 games, right?

I don't think Walton is a scrub my any means and both he and Beadles (especially Beadles-wow) made huge strides this year. Having the foresight to sign a veteran like Koppen was huge though, especially since I think Manny Ramierez was also our primary backup C.
Considering the lack of coaching JD and Beadles received prior to this off season I think they have come a very long way. And for those that forgot Elways got the team hired the coaches and then said coaches were un able to talk teach or work with our guys until the signed the new CBA just prior to TC last year.

I'd guess that the two would have been better last year had they been able to take advantage of OTAs and conditioning at Dove Valley with our staff.
They made huge strides over this past off season..

While Koppen is a good find playing is only going to make JD better as he is the future of the franchise. Not Koppen.

Nice having experience around but playing them and not the future does us little good. Let's hope JD is back in full stride next year, with another year of off season workouts to bulk him up just a bit more. I'd like to see him come in around 315. Same with Beadles. Maybe 320-25 for him. Would make handling those giant 340-370 NT/DT easier.
Btw good post
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #46
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
thats why they had a divorce? yeah, let me guess, Janet Elway was 100% at fault. 99 out of 100 divorces is 50% mens fault and 50% womens fault. What Elway wishes and what he wanted was 2 totally different things.
I didn't assess blame, and don't really care why they got a divorce...I just think family means alot to John, and he probably wishes whatever issues he and Janet had could have been resolved. Just my opinion....
Old 11-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #47
Drunken.Broncoholic

Man watching the jags go 3 and out, I do not miss that over the last couple years. Elway swept that out of here.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #48
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post

Got to remember that some of these kiddie posters hate anything josh did and therefore his draft choices are all crap.
Why do they hate Josh because:
  • their boi mikey got Canned.
  • He was from NE.
  • He traded their boi cutlet.
  • Traded BM.
  • Traded TS.
Take your choice some or all of them

The audacity of it all.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #49
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Got to remember that some of these kiddie posters hate anything josh did and therefore his draft choices are all crap.
Why do they hate Josh because:
  • their boi mikey got Canned.
  • He was from NE.
  • He traded their boi cutlet.
  • Traded BM.
  • Traded TS.
Take your choice some or all of them

The audacity of it all.
You forgot trading a 1st for a 2nd rounder. Jarvis green guaranteed money. Maroney. Etc etc. alot of people didnt like him for what you've listed. I didn't like him cause he sucked as a HC, and even worse at personnel decisions.

Oh and cheating in Europe might not sit well with some. Losing that game on top. Lol
Old 11-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #50
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
You forgot trading a 1st for a 2nd rounder. Jarvis green guaranteed money. Maroney. Etc etc. alot of people didnt like him for what you've listed. I didn't like him cause he sucked as a HC, and even worse at personnel decisions.

Oh and cheating in Europe might not sit well with some. Losing that game on top. Lol
I'm in my 30s and I literally never spelled boy like that. How anyone doesn't think star is nothing but a fake troll is beyond me.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote