The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #26
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

The Fox/Manning revenge angle has been underplayed all week long. Do not think for one second this game was not circled on the calendar the day schedules were released.

Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #27
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Carolina might be a tougher test than Cincy, and Denver barely beat Cincy if you take out that 105 yd kickoff return TD. CAR has played well against some strong teams, just couldn't hang on to a lead at the end (Atlanta and CHI, Seattle also).

They're middle of the pack defensively, lower tier offensively, but seems to me they've played better than their record. Just f'd up badly late in games with offensive turnovers and game winning drives defensively. Denver will have to play well, can't get sloppy, lose the turnover battle, can't count on a 105 yd kickoff return for a TD again on the road.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #28
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Carolina might be a tougher test than Cincy, and Denver barely beat Cincy if you take out that 105 yd kickoff return TD. CAR has played well against some strong teams, just couldn't hang on to a lead at the end (Atlanta and CHI, Seattle also).

They're middle of the pack defensively, lower tier offensively, but seems to me they've played better than their record. Just f'd up badly late in games with offensive turnovers and game winning drives defensively. Denver will have to play well, can't get sloppy, lose the turnover battle, can't count on a 105 yd kickoff return for a TD again on the road.
How do you take out the return? Does it automatically mean we don't score in that situation? Never, ever take out 1/3rd of a football game.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #29
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
The Fox/Manning revenge angle has been underplayed all week long. Do not think for one second this game was not circled on the calendar the day schedules were released.

Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?

Except Panther fans and players don't really hate Fox. There isn't the venom towards him that Bronco fans feel towards McLoser. Most people understand the current woes of the Panthers is more a front office mess than Fox's poor organizational skills.

Having said that, there's little love for the guy as well. It's not like he's Shanny returning to Denver as HC of the Skins.

Fox never had back to back winning seasons, but he also put Carolina in 2 NFCCG and 1 SB. The feeling mostly is "There were ups and downs, let's move on."
Broncomutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #30
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I don't really see Peyton Manning wanting revenge on the Panthers owner, either. Honestly Manning gets up for every game. I don't think a perceived slight means Manning is going to "try really hard" to make the owner feel bad. That's not even on Manning's radar.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #31
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post

If you start removing certain plays from every game, teams could be 8-0 or 0-8. The facts say they cant finish games because if they were the better team on those days, they wouldnt have lost. The same goes for all teams in the NFL.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #32
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomutt View Post
Except Panther fans and players don't really hate Fox. There isn't the venom towards him that Bronco fans feel towards McLoser. Most people understand the current woes of the Panthers is more a front office mess than Fox's poor organizational skills.

Having said that, there's little love for the guy as well. It's not like he's Shanny returning to Denver as HC of the Skins.

Fox never had back to back winning seasons, but he also put Carolina in 2 NFCCG and 1 SB. The feeling mostly is "There were ups and downs, let's move on."
I think the angle is more along the lines of Fox wanting revenge on Richardson/Panthers than the Carolina fans wanting to beat up on Fox. To be honest, i wouldn't be all that surprised to see Fox cheered when the Broncos take the field.
mwill07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #33
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I think the angle is more along the lines of Fox wanting revenge on Richardson/Panthers than the Carolina fans wanting to beat up on Fox. To be honest, i wouldn't be all that surprised to see Fox cheered when the Broncos take the field.
I agree. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the game since I have to be in Nashville Monday morning. So you and your wife make lots of noise.
Broncomutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #34
DENVERDUI55

Game is a bit scary to me. I think it could be a Denver blowout or a last minute heartbreaking loss. I know some people think Cam isn't even as good as Tebow but he scares me. I don't really fear his passing but its the plays that Denver defenses well and he uses feet to pick up chunks of yardage. I believe this is the first time we will face the spread option on defense. I think we can play cover 1 and not get burnt on the opposite side of Smith and roll a S to him. We need a good spy on Newton and Miller seems like an obvious choice but I think we should pick and choose when to do it.

On offense I have no doubt we will get our pts but I hope we aren't hell bend on forcing the running game when it isn't there. That being said we can't drop 3 straight first down passes and then punt like we did last week. I think we should no huddle from the get go and then let Manning call the plays from the line. Hopefully Denver gets up big and steps on their throat. Let's be aggressive on 4th downs around mid field or in Carolina side of the field even though I know that isn't Fox.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 11-08-2012 at 04:09 PM..
Old 11-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #35
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
How do you take out the return? Does it automatically mean we don't score in that situation? Never, ever take out 1/3rd of a football game.
The thing is, Denver lost the momentum a few times in that Cincy road game. They regained the Mo with that KO return TD, then lost it bigtime right after that. I'm saying they better play better overall and not lose the Big Mo battle on the road again like they did at Cincy, because they can't count on a KO return again for a momentum swing.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #36
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
On a side note has anybody seen the guys over at Profootball Focus are very critical of Derek Wolfe?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ngals-week-10/
Yeah, but Wolfe has improved his technique and overall play the last couple of weeks. He's getting off the snap better and not letting OL completely latch onto him.

The stats in PFF are kinda against Wolfe because after Dumervil he plays the most snaps and as a rookie it's more about getting him the experience so he can get better next year.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #37
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
Cam is inevitably going to drop a couple passes into our DBs hands - we need to hang onto them and take advantage of the mistakes. Cam starts to unravel when the opposition takes advantage of his mistakes as bad or worse than Cutler used to when he was here.
That's another real concern. You know Cam will throw into coverage. Will our guys catch the damn ball?
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #38
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I still think it would be a bit demoralizing to lose. Carolina is not a team we should lose to, even on the road. I obviously wouldn't consider our season over, but we're only one game up on San Diego right now, and they've got an easy schedule the rest of the way. For them to pull even with us the week before we play them again would put our lead in the division in serious jeopardy. (of course, they've got to beat Tampa Bay this week)
My guess is SanDiego will lose this week at Tampa. Tampa has been putting up huge points the last four games and SD defense is not all that. I look for a tight first half ( 21-14) then Tampa to pull away in the 2nd half.

Our best path is to just not lose this week or, next either. There are still 8 games to be played....
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #39
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
That's another real concern. You know Cam will throw into coverage. Will our guys catch the damn ball?
It's kind of like Romo said when he was with the FADE when he played against Griese. He will throw you about 4 balls a game that you can make a play on you just have to make the play.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #40
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Yeah, but Wolfe has improved his technique and overall play the last couple of weeks. He's getting off the snap better and not letting OL completely latch onto him.

The stats in PFF are kinda against Wolfe because after Dumervil he plays the most snaps and as a rookie it's more about getting him the experience so he can get better next year.
Wolfe is mind-boggling. For any rookie to come in and start his first season at DT in the NFL is unheard of. I'm amazed at this guy's progress.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #41
Agamemnon

The only way this game is close is if we have yet more stupid turnovers (very possible). Otherwise we will roll them. Neither their offense nor defense match up very well against us.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #42
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

This is one of the two games in the second half of the season I think we're going to lose.

Hope I'm wrong, but like I said before, there's bad juju all over the place.

Oh, and last time Denver went there, the Broncos got creamed, 30-10. They are the southern fried Ravens.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #43
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
This is one of the two games in the second half of the season I think we're going to lose.

Hope I'm wrong, but like I said before, there's bad juju all over the place.

Oh, and last time Denver went there, the Broncos got creamed, 30-10. They are the southern fried Ravens.
I think this game comes down to JDR's game plan. Contain Cam and let the secondary continue to play agressive, if they are successful in those two things Peyton and company should be able to out score them for the win.

But I agree this is a worrisome game. TB being the other one IMO.

Last edited by baja; 11-08-2012 at 07:09 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #44
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Carolina has a very underrated defense, especially against the pass. However, they are starting a rookie cornerback who Manning should be able to pick on. This is the kind of trap game that in the past 5 years or so we would lose. I'm confident we win this week though.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #45
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

No excuses. Carolina's defense is respectable but the Broncos should still be able to win this game in a business like manner. The panthers will make mistakes, that's why they are 2-6, it's up to the Broncos not to let them hang around with mistakes of their own.

Panthers made a few mistakes last week that would have burned them, lucky for them they were facing Team Mistake - The Washington Redskins.

This should be a W. We will find out if it is one step forward and two steps back or if the Broncos continue to build momentum towards a top 2 seed in the AFC.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #46
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I'm gonna say 38 - 17 Denver.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #47
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

Broncos should win this easily. As long as they don't make a lot of mistakes, it won't be a problem at all. Cam will what.. run around 10 times? Maybe knock off a 10 and a 14 yarder or something? That's not going to get it done.

Broncos will win - I'll say 35 to 17.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #48
g6matty

27 - 20 denver !!
Old 11-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #49
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I still think it would be a bit demoralizing to lose. Carolina is not a team we should lose to, even on the road. I obviously wouldn't consider our season over, but we're only one game up on San Diego right now, and they've got an easy schedule the rest of the way. For them to pull even with us the week before we play them again would put our lead in the division in serious jeopardy. (of course, they've got to beat Tampa Bay this week)
They still have to play Baltimore and Pittsburg and Denver and TB on the road.

Their schedule is much tought than Denvers.

They are going to lose to Tampa and Denver and their season will be over.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:53 AM   #50
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I think the Panthers have played the 2nd toughest schedule in the league (we're first no doubt). They are battle tested. Yes they've lost but they have been very close to several wins. I still think we are the better team and have more talent but we can't go in there and make all sorts of mistakes and win. Because it's yet another road game, I predict (and last week I predicted Broncos 31 Bengals 20 so I was only off by 3).....

Broncos 27
Panthers 21
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote