The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 06:16 AM   #176
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I could never figure out Crowder. He had five sacks his rookie year and looked really good. I remember he scored a TD against Pittsburgh. And then he was just cut and went to Tampa Bay. There must have been a story behind that.
He hit on Shanny's wife at a team cookout.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #177
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
He hit on Shanny's wife at a team cookout.
That would explain it.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #178
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
the 2006 DAFT class was full of head cases..

cutler until this year when he has to act like a human because of his girlfriend has been an ahole to his team mates, media and fans.. BTW his 84.6 QBR has pretty much been constant from day one.. 94 picks to 129 TDs not a good ratio at all..

BM the only guy in the NFL that had his own Permanent visitor pass for the NFL offices.. got kicked off of two different teams because he was a diva and his team mates wanted nothing to do with him..

TS a guy that has started 38 games in his 104 game career.. a lousy blocker and a whooping 21 TDs in those 104 games.

Doom now here is a player still not playing the run as well as he could be... Not worth the money he is making but still one of our best.. but as a 4th rounder he was not thought highly of by 32 other teams a total surprise for them all..

Hixon looking to be a good player for the Giants.. to bad someone in Broncos FO was stupid enough to allow him to leave. Not like we were overloaded with talent there..

Kuper another good choice but then in the 5th round a good find

SO we really got two players out of the 7 that were worth keeping..
IMO not close to being a GREAT draft, for that matter not even a good one.. good draft.. one full time starter ORG and a part time DE who is substituted out on running plays..

But I'm sure those that have been sucking on cutlets sac for year will disagree..

as for 2008 one starter out of nine picks.. not great either..
What the crap are you talking about?

Before Manning came aboard, I bet you were all over Ortons nuts right? You were just so happy that Orton was the QB and not Cutler. Whatever guy, all you need to know was he was worth two 1st round picks, a 3rd and moldy sandwich aka orton.

BM is a diva and a headcase, whatever. All i know was we got him in the 4th rd pick and we got back two 2nd round picks.

Doom, are you serious? The guy is a stud at DE. He was the reason for the comeback against the chargers. We got him in the 4th round! He will eventually hold the Broncos all time sack record

Hixon is a good WR and excellent return guy. Not sure why Denver released him either. Another 4th rd pick.

Kuper, the guy was not a good find in the 5th round, he was an excellent find. The guys is considered the heart and soul of our Oline.

If the draft was a redo, Cutler, BM and Doom would be top 10 picks.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #179
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post

Before Manning came aboard, I bet you were all over Ortons nuts right? You were just so happy that Orton was the QB and not Cutler. Whatever guy, all you need to know was he was worth two 1st round picks, a 3rd and moldy sandwich aka orton.

BM is a diva and a headcase, whatever. All i know was we got him in the 4th rd pick and we got back two 2nd round picks.

Doom, are you serious? The guy is a stud at DE. He was the reason for the comeback against the chargers. We got him in the 4th round! He will eventually hold the Broncos all time sack record

Hixon is a good WR and excellent return guy. Not sure why Denver released him either. Another 4th rd pick.

Kuper, the guy was not a good find in the 5th round, he was an excellent find. The guys is considered the heart and soul of our Oline.

As for Orton yes I was happy because the head case was gone. Was not sure if he would be the answer but getting him and two firsts thought that was aGod send. Without his defense and ST play they would not be close to 7-1 not with his mediocre play at QB in fact I'd guess he would be pressing even more picks and fumbles than he has to date this year.

As for BM yes we got 2 seconds for him great I applaud Josh formmaking an astute deal for both him and cutlet.

But see you missed my entire idea.

That is simply taking head cases nut jobs and in one case a one handed WR at 51 in the DAFT is poor at best personnel decisions.

Those players that you take on what used to be day one (rounds 1-3 for you kiddies) are supposed to be keepers and the FOUNDATION OF YOUR TEAM FOR A DECADE or more barring injury.

But in Mikey's case 13% of the guys he took ever made it to a second contract with us and 5 of the 6 were from 1999 drafts or before only one was after that DJ and IMO that moron should have never got the one he did about half of it would make it palatable.

So do you get the drift. Even though we got something for the morons. They are not on the team as we speak because they could not hack being a bronco. That comes from never interviewing most of them one on one for fear someone would think your going take them. Paranoia supreme.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #180
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

22. Ryan Clady, LT, DEN

Only a fool would say that Clady doesn’t benefit from playing with Peyton Manning. His ability to get rid of a ball quickly makes the job of a tackle that much easier. But don’t be fooled into thinking that Clady, in a contract year, isn’t playing lights out. He’s given up just six hurries on 306 pass blocks snaps and allowed just two knockdowns of his quarterback. His run blocking rarely excites, but this is a tackle at the top of his game.

Key Stat: Leads all tackles with a pass blocking efficiency of 98.5.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo.../pff-top-51/3/

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #181
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post

Hixon's head got pretty messed up when that collision crippled that guy from the Bills. He was looking good and then disappeared after that play. I guess a change of scenery helped him.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #182
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Hixon sucked when he was here, very timid on KO return. Yeah he blossomed in NY but 99% of guys that play like he did in Denver never sniff the league again... I'll fault a lot of their moves but that one I agreed with at the time.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:13 AM   #183
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Hixon's head got pretty messed up when that collision crippled that guy from the Bills. He was looking good and then disappeared after that play. I guess a change of scenery helped him.
Perhaps you are correct, I had always saw it as mikey not being able to keep good talent around. Not giving them the time to develop. Especially at certain positions. DL and WR for the most part unless you are a top ten choice just take time to adjust to the complexity and speed of the game.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #184
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -

Peyton Manning can rest easy: his blindside protector isn't going anywhere.

Denver Broncos boss John Elway is planning to put the franchise tag on his All Pro left tackle Ryan Clady as early as Tuesday.

A franchise tag would mean a salary of just under $10 million for Clady in 2013, about three times what he earned last season, when he surrendered just one sack in more than 1,100 snaps.

Elway told the Denver Post on Friday that the Broncos still hope to work out a multi-year extension with Clady, who is recovering from a recent operation on his right shoulder that kept him out of the Pro Bowl.

Clady rejected a five-year, $50 million offer last summer that included $28 million in guarantees

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/spor...men-ryan-clady
Old 02-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #185
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Ryan Clady says he’d sign tender “eventually” but “not right now”

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 19, 2013, 9:09 PM EST

Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady is about to get the franchise tag, and he says that if he has to, he can play the 2013 season on the $9.6 million franchise tender. But he’s not planning to sign that tender any time soon.

Clady said on ESPN Radio in Denver that he wouldn’t sign the tender right away, and he indicated that it would be at least a few months before he would be willing to sign it.

“Not right now,” Clady said. “I’d try to get done something by this summer, and if not, eventually, yes, I will sign. But as of right now? No.”

Clady said he doesn’t necessarily need to be the highest-paid offensive tackle in the NFL, but he wants to be in the same neighborhood as the top-paid players at his position. And if the Broncos aren’t offering him that kind of long-term deal, he might not be there at the start of training camp.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...not-right-now/
Old 02-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #186
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
Hixon sucked when he was here, very timid on KO return. Yeah he blossomed in NY but 99% of guys that play like he did in Denver never sniff the league again... I'll fault a lot of their moves but that one I agreed with at the time.
Hixon was moved to our Practice Squad because of that hit, he was struggling and we needed a roster spot at the time, Shanny was hoping no one would notice but the Giants made a great move signing him.

That said Hixon was Ok but he didn't have a great career, he did contribute to a SB but was out of football soon after.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #187
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post

Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady is about to get the franchise tag, and he says that if he has to, he can play the 2013 season on the $9.6 million franchise tender. But he’s not planning to sign that tender any time soon.

Clady said on ESPN Radio in Denver that he wouldn’t sign the tender right away, and he indicated that it would be at least a few months before he would be willing to sign it.

“Not right now,” Clady said. “I’d try to get done something by this summer, and if not, eventually, yes, I will sign. But as of right now? No.”

Clady said he doesn’t necessarily need to be the highest-paid offensive tackle in the NFL, but he wants to be in the same neighborhood as the top-paid players at his position. And if the Broncos aren’t offering him that kind of long-term deal, he might not be there at the start of training camp.

Most likely will not be healed until mid TC..

I think the reporter forgets he just had surgery..
Old 02-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #188
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Hixon was moved to our Practice Squad because of that hit, he was struggling and we needed a roster spot at the time, Shanny was hoping no one would notice but the Giants made a great move signing him.

That said Hixon was Ok but he didn't have a great career, he did contribute to a SB but was out of football soon after.
Hixon had 39 catches for over 500 yards and 2 TDs this year.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #189
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Free agent LT Ryan Clady says he is targeting a long-term contract in the range of Joe Thomas and Jason Peters'.
"Just something comparable to Joe Thomas and Jason Peters," Clady said. "I feel like I’m in that category as far as tackles, so something along those lines." Thomas signed an eight-year, $92 million contract with $44 million guaranteed in August of 2011. Peters' deal is quite a bit older, having done a six-year, $60.657 million pact back in 2009. Peters received $25 million guaranteed.
Source: Sports Radio Interviews
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #190
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

He has to wait until he heals because of right now he can't lift his arm enought to sign the tender.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #191
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He has to wait until he heals because of right now he can't lift his arm enought to sign the tender.
:thimbs:

makes since as much as mikey drafting a one handed WR at the number 54 choice..
Old 02-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #192
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
:thimbs:

makes since as much as mikey drafting a one handed WR at the number 54 choice..
Oh no, he's hurt.

Guess we shouldnt have signed PM last year either
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #193
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

we need to sign him ASAP. that tag is going to be a pain on the cap. granted we'll have a nice chunk of space anyways.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #194
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

The past two weeks I’ve broken down a few different pass rush moves. I looked at how they give offensive linemen trouble, and what the linemen could’ve done differently to stop them. It was really fun, and I thought both columns turned out well, but there was just too much defensive success for my taste. So, this week, rather than tell you how an offensive lineman can win, I’m going to show you.

I watched the Week 16 game between the Broncos and Browns figuring that between Joe Thomas and Ryan Clady, I would have plenty of plays to choose from. It didn’t take long for me to find a play with Clady putting on a pass-blocking clinic.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/wor...ing-cladys-set

Old 04-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #195
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

that is exactly why i shake my head at folks who say draft someone to replace him.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #196
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Perhaps one of the biggest names who won't report today is Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady, according to The Denver Post's Mike Klis, who cited two sources. Clady, who has yet to sign his $9.828 million franchise tag, will attempt to gain leverage as he seeks the security of a long-term contract by avoiding Dove Valley this week.

Clady has indicated he plans to sign the tender if a long-term deal can't be worked out with Denver, but not showing up Monday morning can be a reminder to management of just how big a hole could be on Peyton Manning's blind side.

Clady is coming off surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder, so the biggest downside to not reporting is that he won't have a chance to get treatment from the Broncos' training staff.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...oncos-workouts
Old 04-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #197
Mile High Salute

Now is the time to re-sign Clady. The salary cap is expected to significantly go up next year, and the year after that.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #198
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Clady is coming off surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder,
I just had the same procedure done in my right shoulder.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #199
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

The Broncos and franchise left tackle Ryan Clady resumed negotiations on a potential long-term contract extension earlier this month, but aren’t close to a deal. The representatives for Clady, who is key to the protection of Manning, are preparing a counter to Denver’s offer.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/6...t-negotiations

Old 07-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #200
BFDD
Team America **** YEAH!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I just had the same procedure done in my right shoulder.
Strenuous repetitive action with your right hand?
BFDD is offline   Reply With Quote