The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #626
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Check out these demos:

Quote:
What happened last night was a demographic time bomb that had been ticking and that blew up in GOP faces. As the Obama campaign had assumed more than a year ago, the white portion of the electorate dropped to 72%, and the president won just 39% of that vote. But he carried a whopping 93% of black voters (representing 13% of the electorate), 71% of Latinos (representing 10%), and also 73% of Asians (3%). What’s more, despite all the predictions that youth turnout would be down, voters 18-29 made up 19% of last night’s voting population -- up from 18% four years ago -- and President Obama took 60% from that group.
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...phic-edge?lite
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #627
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
If that doesn't ****ing disgust you, there's something wrong with you.

I mean, those of you that voted (albeit wrongly haha) for Obama because you identify with his policies on the issues, good for you. Those of you that voted for Obama because you identify with his image, you seriously disgust me.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #628
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdf View Post
The progressive movement will have to be allowed to destroy itself before things can get better. Bipartisan cover for that process only confuses things. Conservatives have no power to stop what is coming. America firmly rejected smaller, limited government as an option last night. That's the big picture of this election. Small government advocates should not participate in shaping the particulars of how the endgame plays out--that only confuses what is going on.

End of days? No. Endgame of the modern progressive state? Yes. We ARE Greece now. Except without a German sugar daddy to bail us out.
The difference between us and Greece is that we can inflate the dollar and as a way out of debt, Greece is tied to the Euro. Though inflating our way out of anything causes a whole new set of issues.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #629
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
The difference between us and Greece is that we can inflate the dollar and as a way out of debt, Greece is tied to the Euro. Though inflating our way out of anything causes a whole new set of issues.
Well, the dollar being the reserve currency (or I guess the potential of that changing) could have a similar effect.

An importer nation suddenly having its currency unhinged from world markets could lead down a very dark path.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #630
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

I mean, those of you that voted (albeit wrongly haha) for Obama because you identify with his policies on the issues, good for you. Those of you that voted for Obama because you identify with his image, you seriously disgust me.
That's quite an assumption that people voted race. Except when you look down ticket you see exactly the same trends (sometimes even more pronounced).

Republicans have taken really extreme stances on topics like immigration (a huge issue in the latino community). They've taken extreme stances on poverty, welfare, and healthcare (big issues in the black community). The Republicans have become a party of rural whites. They care passionately only about the issues that broadly appeal to that group. It's a big group, which makes them competitive, but it's a losing situation. These demographic trends aren't going to change. Until the Republican party reinvents themselves as a more moderate big-tent party they're going to have more and more trouble going forward.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #631
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
That's quite an assumption that people voted race. Except when you look down ticket you see exactly the same trends (sometimes even more pronounced).

Republicans have taken really extreme stances on topics like immigration (a huge issue in the latino community). They've taken extreme stances on poverty, welfare, and healthcare (big issues in the black community). The Republicans have become a party of rural whites. They care passionately only about the issues that broadly appeal to that group. It's a big group, which makes them competitive, but it's a losing situation. These demographic trends aren't going to change. Until the Republican party reinvents themselves as a more moderate big-tent party they're going to have more and more trouble going forward.
The funny thing is they used to be a centre right big tent party but they sold their soul for power.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #632
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

93% isn't an "assumption". It's a clearly demonstrated statistical fact.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #633
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Basically. America losing its long lived beliefs for a "new" America(Greece). Whats funny is the democratic policies have long been in place out here in California. How does California look? Cities going bankrupt. Businesses moving to Texas. California is a mess. Direct result of failed policies.

I'm so glad I got to live in this country when it was special. I would not want to be a kid and have to live in this place 40 years from now.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #634
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Basically. America losing its long lived beliefs for a "new" America(Greece). Whats funny is the democratic policies have long been in place out here in California. How does California look? Cities going bankrupt. Businesses moving to Texas. California is a mess. Direct result of failed policies.

I'm so glad I got to live in this country when it was special. I would not want to be a kid and have to live in this place 40 years from now.
Btw California is now the highest taxed state in the Union.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #635
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

It is hard for an incumbent to lose. Its only happened 3 times in the last 40 years. People bought the argument to give Obama 4 more years. Congress remains roughly the same. $2 billion spent this election cycle to arrive at the status quo. I do not envy the 45th president. Whoever that poor idiot is, is going to have a sickening mess to contend with.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #636
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
As long as you're similarly disgusted by the voting results in the south.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #637
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
+1 agreed. Its gotten to the point where there is active rooting against parties, which is no good for anyone.

But I have a question for you, personally. How did you manage to grow up and somehow survive your horrible progressive state?? I mean, according to some of the people above, we are doomed because we haven't embraced a far right agenda, and instead will move in a direction that is still far right to much of what is in Europe. So growing up must have been absolute hell for you, right?
It was absolutely nightmarish, between universal healthcare, free university education, social security and government subsidies I was lucky to survive to adolescence, let alone to adulthood.

The story of my life goes something like this, I was concieved around summer of 1976, but because of universal healthcare and waitlists I Wasn't born until just before the pagan holiday we celebrate in late December in 1980, I was then placed in a government watch program where I was being watched for several hours a day at least 5 days a week and I was regularly subjected to government sponsored tests and injections.

Around the age of 3 I was moved to a larger government facility where I was put into an environment with other children all of whom were supervised by government agents and indoctrinated daily through physical activity such as running, jumping, placing colored blocks on top of other blocks and in some cases being lectured by one or more agents from a wide variety of texts.

At the age of 5, I was chosen to be enrolled in one year program aimed at transitioning me into the largest nationwide government program in the country where children and adolescents are indoctrinated and brainwashed to become part of the system. Between the ages of 6 and 18 I attended 3 different government facilities with different sets of agents. During this time I was regularly subjected to probings in the oral cavity by men and women wearing white coats and using sharp blinding lights, I was also regularly taken for x-ray images to determine I was hiding any subversive materials on or in my person.

At age 18 I was moved from my family to a government funded facility for gifted young adults where we lived in small single bed rooms with only a small adjacent private bathroom and communal kitchen facilities while I attended a government run institution, the government funded my food on a small but sufficient stipend and I was able to supplement the stipend by doing some part time work in a shady part of town away from government agents.

As you can clearly see it is a tale of woe of missery, and frankly it is a wonder of the modern world that I am able to fit into free society on the few trips I have been allowed to take abroad. Fortunately I believe that I can put my knowledge to good use and I hope that my doctorate in medical physics I am about to attain will enable to break the cycle of vicious government abuse - at least I don't have any student loans they can use against me....
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #638
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Btw California is now the highest taxed state in the Union.
Yep. Gov brown just killed thousands of jobs. Employers out here were already expecting this. We've laid off already and plan more. Downsizing is going to be the new trend. Well at least the lucky businesses. Closed down will be the other
Old 11-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #639
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
It is hard for an incumbent to lose.
Well, with this economy it should have been the GOP's election to lose. They just didn't have a good enough candidate.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #640
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:

There are also a combination of factors that you're not taking into consideration. Like the fact that Romney never met an issue he couldn't be on both sides of. The guy is a human flip flop, and about 10000000x worse than Kerry ever was when it comes to changing his mind.

I voted for Obama because of a few things: Gay marriage/civil rights, women's reproductive rights, and economic factors. I specifically could not vote for Romney for those reasons, plus the fact that he never did the math on his tax plan (still doesn't work) and I really don't feel he's ever been in contact with a regular, non-rich person in his life, save for his stable boy and possibly a waiter in a restaurant.

Part of being President is understanding regular folks, the ones who can't buy an election with campaign donations. You really think Romney understands the 47% of America for whom he has such disdain?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #641
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
This. I wonder what the stats were for Mormons and Evangelicals...

Rev, you're a great guy and everyone loves you. I know you need to hear that right now more than anything. But you're clearly out of your element here.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #642
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

So the 59% of white people who voted for Romney disgusts you also.

And then there are those damn women, 54% of the voting populace, who voted on which one was cuter.

In the end I bet everyone gets through their day with or without your disgust and assumptions. ASS/U/ME
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #643
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I'm disgusted by ANYONE who voted according to the image they identified with and not the substance they identified with. We saw a resounding example of that in an entire population.

This is easily the least progressive moment for America in decades, imo. I really thought "we" were better than that.

I thought wrong.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #644
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
There are also a combination of factors that you're not taking into consideration. Like the fact that Romney never met an issue he couldn't be on both sides of. The guy is a human flip flop, and about 10000000x worse than Kerry ever was when it comes to changing his mind.

I voted for Obama because of a few things: Gay marriage/civil rights, women's reproductive rights, and economic factors. I specifically could not vote for Romney for those reasons, plus the fact that he never did the math on his tax plan (still doesn't work) and I really don't feel he's ever been in contact with a regular, non-rich person in his life, save for his stable boy and possibly a waiter in a restaurant.

Part of being President is understanding regular folks, the ones who can't buy an election with campaign donations. You really think Romney understands the 47% of America for whom he has such disdain?

How's that math all add up out here in Cali? It's the same model Obama uses. Voting for gay rights and women's reproductive issues is your choice. Economic? Listen to Obama in 2008 and tell me what he has promised turned out true. 5% unemployment I was told. Didnt happen. Transparency. Didnt happen. He may be likable and down to shoot hoops with gays and Mexicans, but he is by no means an economic guru. This is why czars were hired to do his job.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #645
Bacchus

Roseanne Barr got 50,000 votes!!

US 2012
98% reporting ( 171368 out of 174234 precincts )
538 electoral votes available
Obama (Dem)
50%
(60,062,291)
Romney (GOP)
48%
(57,380,600)
Johnson (Lib)
0%
(1,155,601)
Stein (Grn)
0%
(403,237)
Goode (AmC)
0%
(113,821)
Barr (PFP)
0%
(49,380)
Anderson (JP)
0%
(35,425)
Hoefling (AmP)
0%
(28,588)
Terry
0%
(12,895)
Duncan
0%
(12,032)
Lindsay
0%
(7,032)
Noneofthesecandidates
0%
(5,753)
Baldwin
0%
(4,704)
Stevens (Obj)
0%
(4,010)
Alexander (SPU)
0%
(3,912)
Christensen
0%
(3,753)
Harris (SWP)
0%
(3,430)
Carlson
0%
(3,174)
Miller (ATP)
0%
(2,598)
Tittle (WTP)
0%
(2,479)
Reed (Una)
0%
(2,373)
La Riva (PSL)
0%
(1,523)
Litzel
0%
(1,196)
White (SEP)
0%
(1,128)
Morstad
0%
(1,108)
Washer
0%
(952)
Boss
0%
(886)
Barnett
0%
(794)
Fellure
0%
(503)
Old 11-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #646
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Yep. Gov brown just killed thousands of jobs. Employers out here were already expecting this. We've laid off already and plan more. Downsizing is going to be the new trend. Well at least the lucky businesses. Closed down will be the other
Democrats think they can tax their way out of this mess when it's just going to compound the problem.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #647
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
So the 59% of white people who voted for Romney disgusts you also.

And then there are those damn women, 54% of the voting populace, who voted on which one was cuter.

In the end I bet everyone gets through their day with or without your disgust and assumptions. ASS/U/ME
No, idiot. History's shown a 59% to 41% is pretty standard for Caucasians regardless of candidates race.

93% is ****ing wrong.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #648
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Yup. It plays out a little differently. Not much difference in the result except that we take a lot more of the world down with us than Greece could as we inflate the world's reserve currency. But the spending party must go on!
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #649
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
This. I wonder what the stats were for Mormons and Evangelicals...

Rev, you're a great guy and everyone loves you. I know you need to hear that right now more than anything. But you're clearly out of your element here.
Wrong. I have no pre-existing bias. You do. You're extremely vocal about your values in the WRP forum that have a tendency to follow liberal party lines pretty closely.

I do not. I'm NOT conservative nor liberal. I'm conservative in economic and foreign policy while being extremely liberal in social issues. I supported Romney because I don't feel Barack came through on the social reform he promised 4 years ago.

I think my liberalism in social issues is precisely WHY I'm so stunned and disgusted right now.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #650
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Democrats think they can tax their way out of this mess when it's just going to compound the problem.
Taxes are at an all time low, and you can blame the problems for the budget on Republicans. When Clinton left office it was balanced! Two Wars, Two rounds of tax cuts and the MedicareB all of which were not paid for is the reason for the deficit. Then the recession and housing crisis all of which were done by the Bush Administration.