The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #11
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Mitch McConnell sent a far less conciliatory message. Basically, he's still saying, "My way or the highway." The way the numbers are shaping up, this is an ass kicking of the Republican Party. Sounds like their leadership is just going to stay in their bubble and pretend it didn't happen. If I was to characterize this election, I would say the people are sending a very clear message: They are sick of extremists and sick of gridlock. IMO, the Right in Washington is just going to ignore it.
If they were sick of extremists, they would not have elected a man who thinks cutting 1% off federal spending several years in the future is "draconian" and regards trillion dollar plus deficits as a political problem, not an economic problem.

That said, I wish the Republicans had lost the house tonight too. America is going over the cliff and it's very important that Americans know who is to blame. It's far better to have a coherent opposition party than for everyone to share responsibility for what is coming.

In any event, now we are Greece. And we have no German sugar daddy to bail us out. Hold onto your hats.

So go Broncos! If we are going to have to live thru the endgame of the modern progressive state, at least the Broncos could win one more Superbowl.
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote