The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #551
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
And we'll be looking for you to eat crow when you are proven wrong.
Ghwk....I hope so. And I'll eat it. Don't forget me...stick it in my face...............please do.

But, I would bet money...............and I have been quite successful in business...that it won't be the case.

Osama is a joke.......and anyone who knows people.....understands that.
Hamrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #552
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
California's economy was destroyed well before Arnie showed up on the scene.
fair enough, but part of the point of bringing up Arnold is that it is simplistic and wrong to simply state California is only a liberal bastion. Reagan and Nixon are both products of California and last I checked, Republicans.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #553
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Youre like talking to a wall.

get the **** over it, your life isnt gonna change.
No, i won't...but, the lives of my employees will!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #554
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Ghwk....I hope so. And I'll eat it. Don't forget me...stick it in my face...............please do.

But, I would bet money...............and I have been quite successful in business...that it won't be the case.

Obama had Osama killed. Damn dude, how could you be successful in business AND have employees after 4 years of the supposed "joke"? And tonight, the majority of Americans disagree with you.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #555
enjolras
Ring of Famer

States by GDP:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP

California is number 1. For more up to date numbers you have to tease it out here:

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/regi...df/gsp0612.pdf

California is #1 and has increased it's lead.

8 out of 10 of the top GDP states went blue tonight.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #556
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:

Actually I'd rather you buy me a beer than my rubbing your nose in it. I don't feel big by making others feel small. I get to pick the beer though.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #557
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Don't be such a tool. I don't disagree with everything you posted, but I do get tired of simplistic assumptions made about California and people's political associations in general. I am capable of seeing the weaknesses in all the parties and I personally have never stuck strictly to one party or the other and I grew up in California and most of the people I knew were and are straight up conservative Republicans. Broad generalizations just irritate me is all. Texas has not always been a Republican stronghold, but it is now. If I recall correctly Lyndon Johnson was a Democrat and a Texan and I believe Texas went Democrat for Kennedy (yes I know that was a long time ago, but that says to me they don't and didn't always go Republican).
Come on, Kennedy and Johnson were a life time ago.

The bottom line is...Texans understand business...they represent about 20% of the Nations GNP....and they are republican. This is about the economy........................................... .................................................. .................not about a bunch of Osama bull ****.

You reply back in 4yrs and tell me wha this ass whipe has accomplished. If you think that he has done anything worht a turd....you tell me how i can make it up to you? A beer? A vacation? etc. This guy is a waste....and he will accomplish making this country more in debt!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #558
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

Like him or not, don't you think its a little low rent to keep referring to him as Osama. You are equating with him a person responsible for thousands of deaths. Kind of kills the validity of any argument you make, much of which would be great discussion and very much full of merit, as you appear incredibly simple minded. If you run a business then we all know you aren't simple minded. Why dumb yourself down?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #559
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Actually I'd rather you buy me a beer than my rubbing your nose in it. I don't feel big by making others feel small. I get to pick the beer though.
Deal. I hope I'm wrong..............but, I'm seldon so.

Sorry times!

PS. I'd buy you a beer regardless!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #560
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
After what you guys just passed F' Beer. Light it up.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #561
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
California....Biggest BLUE state in the country!

Remind me....what state is the worst fiscally in the nation Hmm?

Texas..............the #1 business state in the country. Oh.....guess what...we're a "RED" state.
Take a look at how much federal aid you receive, vs. how much you pay in taxes, and then get back to us.

You are clueless.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #562
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Like him or not, don't you think its a little low rent to keep referring to him as Osama. You are equating with him a person responsible for thousands of deaths. Kind of kills the validity of any argument you make, much of which would be great discussion and very much full of merit, as you appear incredibly simple minded. If you run a business then we all know you aren't simple minded. Why dumb yourself down?
I feel like this country was about to go "under". We were in the worst situatin since the great depression. And, what did this idot decide to conentrate on? He pushed through ObamaCare......without any plan (13,000 pages at this time) and any way to accomplish it...with a cost of at least $1Trillion more to our debt. This isn't a leader, he's a terrorist undercover!!!!

Zero business experience..................he was a Union Organizor for Craps Sakes!!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #563
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Take a look at how much federal aid you receive, vs. how much you pay in taxes, and then get back to us.

You are clueless.
No federal aid here buddie. Do you know anything about business? Do you have a business degree....MBA?
Old 11-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #564
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Boehner very much wants to get something done, but yeah, its been Cantor and also the group of House GOP freshman that has made it a non-starter from a votes perspective. We'll see what happens. I really want something done on the debt issue, thats my No. 1 issue.
Mitch McConnell sent a far less conciliatory message. Basically, he's still saying, "My way or the highway." The way the numbers are shaping up, this is an ass kicking of the Republican Party. Sounds like their leadership is just going to stay in their bubble and pretend it didn't happen. If I was to characterize this election, I would say the people are sending a very clear message: They are sick of extremists and sick of gridlock. IMO, the Right in Washington is just going to ignore it.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #565
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
I feel like this country was about to go "under". We were in the worst situatin since the great depression. And, what did this idot decide to conentrate on? He pushed through ObamaCare......without any plan (13,000 pages at this time) and any way to accomplish it...with a cost of at least $1Trillion more to our debt. This isn't a leader, he's a terrorist undercover!!!!

Zero business experience..................he was a Union Organizor for Craps Sakes!!!!
Why not stop here? Again valid points lost because of over the top hyperbole. I know how it is when you are angry and frustrated coupled mixed with being very passionate about the subject, its easier said than done to not blow your top. Just seems to me calling him Osama and terrorist is more a poor reflection of you than Obama.

I won't bring it up again, just thought I would ask why you would continue saying it. Good luck and hopefully it isn't as bad as it looks right now
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #566
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No federal aid here buddie. Do you know anything about business? Do you have a business degree....MBA?
Talking about the state of Texas, douchenozzle.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #567
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

One reason I didn't vote for Mitt... Magic underwear, it's really hard to believe in someone who everyday decides to wear his magic undergarments
DenverBroncosJM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #568
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

NBC just declared Virginia for Obama. That's something of a surprise.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #569
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Mitch McConnell sent a far less conciliatory message. Basically, he's still saying, "My way or the highway." The way the numbers are shaping up, this is an ass kicking of the Republican Party. Sounds like their leadership is just going to stay in their bubble and pretend it didn't happen. If I was to characterize this election, I would say the people are sending a very clear message: They are sick of extremists and sick of gridlock. IMO, the Right in Washington is just going to ignore it.
Boehner pretty much said the same thing, higher tax rates is a non starter. Looks like the House is digging in.

Nobody is holding hands and singing kumbya after the election.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #570
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Boehner pretty much said the same thing, higher tax rates is a non starter. Looks like the House is digging in.

Nobody is holding hands and singing kumbya after the election.
I think most Americans realize we can't go on much longer with the worst income disparity in our history and an economy that keeps shoveling the wealth to the top 1% while leaving everybody else high and dry. 60% agree with Obama that it's time the rich started paying more. The Right took a pretty big hit in this election. If they want to go scorched earth, they're going to obliterate their party.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #571
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Well Nate Silver is looking like the Bodhisattva of pronosticators and poll analysers about now! Hes the only one who turned Florida light blue last night making it a true toss up saying it was about 57% likely to go to Obama now and judged it almost a flip of the coin with a slight lean toward the POTUS.

Basically he hit it out of the park across the board when all is said and done ....its a lesson in the power of mathematics and reason over mis-informed partisan 'projection' and wishful thinking.

Time for a restart and I hope Obama gets a little cooperation this time around .. for all of our sakes.

Last edited by Hulamau; 11-07-2012 at 12:05 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #572
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
Well Nate Silver is looking like the Bodhisattva of pronosticators and poll analysers about now! Hes the only one who turned Florida light blue last night making it a true toss up saying it was about 57% likely to go to Obama now and judged it almost a flip of the coin with a slight lean toward the POTUS.

Basically he hit it out of the park....its a lesson in the power of mathematics and reason over mis-informed partisan 'projection' and wishful thinking.

Time for a restart and I hope Obama gets a little cooperation this time around .. for all of our sakes.
QFT
Old 11-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #573
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
I think most Americans realize we can't go on much longer with the worst income disparity in our history and an economy that keeps shoveling the wealth to the top 1% while leaving everybody else high and dry. 60% agree with Obama that it's time the rich started paying more. The Right took a pretty big hit in this election. If they want to go scorched earth, they're going to obliterate their party.
That's the route they are taking, unfortunately. More Akins, Murdochs, O'Donnel, Palin...the list goes on, they never learn.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #574
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Hopefully, this forces the issue to the SCOTUS and they amazingly discover that there is nothing in the Constitution that gives the federal government the power to outlaw pot, and therefore, by the 10th amendment, it's up to the states to decide.
Hear, hear.

I think there are a lot of issues that the states should decide.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #575
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

lol, dems thinking things will get better.......
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote