The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #401
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Colorado becomes the first state in history to legalize marijuana!
tell it to the feds.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #402
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Reacting to a close vote in Colorado on legalizing and regulating the recreational use of marijuana, the state's governor John Hickenlooper released a statement:

"The voters have spoken and we have to respect their will. This will be a complicated process, but we intend to follow through. That said, federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug so don't break out the Cheetos or gold fish too quickly."
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #403
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 6,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

What a disapointment. To re-elect one of the bottom 5 presidents of all-time is absolutely heart breaking. Obama is like having a Union Organizer in Office. That's great...if you are a auto Union...but, not so great for running a Country.

The facts are the facts....we took a 3 trillion dollar deficit and made it a 11 trillion dollar deficit...and Obama will only add to that. Obama will now try to pay off all those people/parties who looked out for him.

The same old crap. The bottom line...we need al leader who is concentrating on the economy and the debt...not an Organizer. What a flippen joke!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #404
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,022

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Colorado becomes the first state in history to legalize marijuana!

Can people explain this more? Like can they start selling it anywhere? Or in pot dispensaries?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #405
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Maybe they saw what he did. The media covering the exit polls today were surprised how many still blamed Bush. I think the Repubs are blinded by the extreme damage that Bush's admin did and what Obama inherited. And the fact that we may not be back to full strength, but we're working on getting there and he did not let us fall flat on our faces.
The economy is still a card house built upon a base of debt. Anything you can blame Bush for, Obama continued.

And before you say it, the Iraq withdrawal plan was announced before Bush left office...
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #406
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,022

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
What a disapointment. To re-elect one of the bottom 5 presidents of all-time is absolutely heart breaking. Obama is like having a Union Organizer in Office. That's great...if you are a auto Union...but, not so great for running a Country.

The facts are the facts....we took a 3 trillion dollar deficit and made it a 11 trillion dollar deficit...and Obama will only add to that. Obama will now try to pay off all those people/parties who looked out for him.

The same old crap. The bottom line...we need al leader who is concentrating on the economy and the debt...not an Organizer. What a flippen joke!
Move out. You live in a fictional world
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #407
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream
 
BroncoLifer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boulder County
Posts: 1,536

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Can people explain this more? Like can they start selling it anywhere? Or in pot dispensaries?
Yes, it is now legal to start selling it for as long as it takes the DEA to show up.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #408
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
It's now time for everyone to pull together as Americans. One and all. Demand that Washington works together to get things done.
Nice story bro. That is a pipe dream my friend.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #409
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,022

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
The economy is still a card house built upon a base of debt. Anything you can blame Bush for, Obama continued.

And before you say it, the Iraq withdrawal plan was announced before Bush left office...
yawn.

Guess who had no interest in dealing with the debt? Your boy.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #410
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
tell it to the feds.
Hopefully, this forces the issue to the SCOTUS and they amazingly discover that there is nothing in the Constitution that gives the federal government the power to outlaw pot, and therefore, by the 10th amendment, it's up to the states to decide.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #411
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
yawn.

Guess who had no interest in dealing with the debt? Your boy.
Guess who DID have an issue with the debt and vowed to cut it?

Your boy.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #412
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoLifer View Post
Yes, it is now legal to start selling it for as long as it takes the DEA to show up.
goddamnit. i wish i lived there. i need weed in my life in the worst ****ing way.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #413
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream
 
BroncoLifer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boulder County
Posts: 1,536

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
yawn.

Guess who had no interest in dealing with the debt? Your boy.
Brought to you by the "we need to spend more in order to save more" mentality....
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #414
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Hopefully, this forces the issue to the SCOTUS and they amazingly discover that there is nothing in the Constitution that gives the federal government the power to outlaw pot, and therefore, by the 10th amendment, it's up to the states to decide.
While I'm against drugs in general, I'd love for this to be the movement that spawns a states' rights movement in regards to the SCOTUS. After they were able to twist words to defend the healthcare, though, I don't see them relinquishing the control over drugs within the US borders.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #415
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,260
Default

Well, I'm glad I can watch football again without having to put the commercial breaks on mute.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #416
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,022

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoLifer View Post
Brought to you by the "we need to spend more in order to save more" mentality....
Brought to you by the "we need to create jobs" mentality.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #417
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

They called Colorado for Obama.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #418
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Reacting to a close vote in Colorado on legalizing and regulating the recreational use of marijuana, the state's governor John Hickenlooper released a statement:

"The voters have spoken and we have to respect their will. This will be a complicated process, but we intend to follow through. That said, federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug so don't break out the Cheetos or gold fish too quickly."
Lol @ his statement. What a noob. Cheetos and Goldfish?

Who the **** eats those when theyre high? I prefer sour worms and peanut butter m&ms
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #419
David Wooderson
All That
 
David Wooderson's Avatar
 
'Sup, b?

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Clovis, NM
Posts: 87

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Plummer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Colorado becomes the first state in history to legalize marijuana!
I'm moving to Colorado!!!
David Wooderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #420
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,022

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Guess who DID have an issue with the debt and vowed to cut it?

Your boy.
Im much more concerned about creating jobs than i am the debt. If we get the economy moving, the debt will take care of itself.

Plus, healthcare should help with over all debt/deficit over time if it fully gets implemented. according to the cbo anyway.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #421
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,022

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Washington legalized weed too...well both legalized small amounts of it

Should be legal everywhere. its a joke that its not.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #422
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 
b**** Please!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: with my sisterwives
Posts: 8,017

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
fact is BO will just use executive power to force his policies. I think he's used this more than any other president up to this date by a wide margin and I don't see him changing his ways. Fact is, now BO can really inforce his will upon a crappy congress. BO has never been about working across party lines. It's up to the repubs to decide if they are going to capitulate or if they are going to continue the gridlock.
count em...

http://www.archives.gov/federal-regi...sposition.html

Obama: 140,
http://www.archives.gov/federal-regi...ers/obama.html

Bush Jr: 291
Clinton 363
G. Bush 165
Reagan 380
Carter 319
Ford 168
Nixon 345
Johnson 323
Kennedy 213
Eisenhower 481
Truman 893
FD Roosevelt 3,466

He's really quite average in his numbers issued.. Bush Jr issued 291 over 2 terms averaging 145 over the two terms so he's really not issued any more than the average President. Carter's #s seem extreme given his one term, but that might a reflection of the turmoil during his term. And well FDR, was in longer and during WWII so those numbers are not surprising.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #423
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,187

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Im much more concerned about creating jobs than i am the debt. If we get the economy moving, the debt will take care of itself.

Plus, healthcare should help with over all debt/deficit over time if it fully gets implemented. according to the cbo anyway.
.....puke
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #424
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Hopefully, this forces the issue to the SCOTUS and they amazingly discover that there is nothing in the Constitution that gives the federal government the power to outlaw pot, and therefore, by the 10th amendment, it's up to the states to decide.
Im a big proponent of state's rights on things like this and other things like marriage. I really think the feds should back off. However, I can see the feds not backing off this issue because (hypothetical here) If I was to drive across the state line into CO to buy some cheeba, because, yah know, I can do it legally. And maybe pick up a nice new shiney bong while I'm there and then load said cheeba and 4' bong into my car and to carry both back to my home in WY, I've just committed a federal crime, right?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #425
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

They showed Romney's "celebration" party in Boston.

That was a whole bunch of bummed out white people.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Denver Broncos