The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #26
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
No effing way. As nice as it would be to beat them, I just don't see it happening this year. They're just a tough matchup for us right now and I'd much rather face anyone else in the AFC.
No doubt why do fans want this over and over. We have zero answer for Welker or TE's at the moment. I would love to beat the Pats though.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #27
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I think it's important to win them all. It could be the difference in having to play an extra playoff game. I'd much rather have a bye. And would much rather have the patriots play in Denver if it came down to it.
In the past 10 Super Bowls, 7 teams without a bye have made it to the Super Bowl. 5 of them have won:

03 Panthers - NFC 3rd seed (Lost Super Bowl)
05 Steelers - AFC 6th seed (Won Super Bowl)
06 Colts - AFC 4th seed (Won Super Bowl)
07 Giants - NFC 4th seed (Won Super Bowl)
08 Cardinals - NFC 4th seed (Lost Super Bowl)
10 Packers - NFC 6th seed (Won Super Bowl)
11 Giants - NFC 4th seed (Won Super Bowl)

Interesting that 1 of the teams that lost was coached by Fox, and 1 of the teams that won was Quarterbacked by Manning.

Last edited by BigPlayShay; 11-06-2012 at 12:07 PM..
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #28
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
No effing way. As nice as it would be to beat them, I just don't see it happening this year. They're just a tough matchup for us right now and I'd much rather face anyone else in the AFC.
I agree with your take. But if Denver could take out NE in the Divisional, I really think this team could get hot and make a run to take out any of the other AFC teams. Now the NFC is an entirely different animal. The Bears, Falcons, Niners, Giants, and Packers would all be a bear for this team to handle.

Dream Scenario for me would be

Wildcard game: Colts come to town. Luck v. Peyton. Peyton goes ape **** Denver wins by 20.

Divisional game: Denver goes into Foxboro and upsets NE.

AFC Championship: Kubes v. Elway, Fox and Co.

Superbowl:

Denver v. Chicago.

Mopey Jay throws four picks. The Bear's defense can't bail them out.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #29
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
In the past 10 Super Bowls, 7 teams without a bye have made it to the Super Bowl. 5 of them have won:

03 Panthers - NFC 3rd seed (Lost Super Bowl)
05 Steelers - AFC 6th seed (Won Super Bowl)
06 Colts - AFC 4th seed (Won Super Bowl)
07 Giants - NFC 4th seed (Won Super Bowl)
08 Cardinals - NFC 4th seed (Lost Super Bowl)
10 Packers - NFC 6th seed (Won Super Bowl)
11 Giants - NFC 4th seed (Won Super Bowl)

Interesting that 1 of the teams that lost was coached by Fox, and 1 of the teams that won was Quarterbacked by Manning.
I'll take homefield advantage and a bye during the playoffs any day of the week. I think with Elway's experience (1996 season where Broncos went 13-3 and then lost to Jacksonville at home after a bye) and Fox's experience and Manning's experience, and Del Rio's experience too, I think the team will be prepared and motivated to win.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #30
El Jefe

Week 10: @ Carolina - W

Week 11: vs San Diego - W

Week 12: @ KC - W

Week 13: vs Tampa Bay - L (I think TB is coming on strong and emergence of Doug Martin has really sparked them ... will be a toss-up and one of those games we should win.)

Week 14: @ Oakland - W (as someone said, possible trap game ... but I think OAK is dysfunctional enough to offset that)

Week 15: @ Baltimore - L (Seems we always have trouble in MD)

Week 16: vs Cleveland - W

Week 17: vs KC - W

So, on paper, we finish 6-2 down the stretch and 11-5 on the season. I really do think there will be another oddball game in there we lose that we definitely shouldn't, putting the final record at 10-6.

Last edited by El Jefe; 11-06-2012 at 06:43 PM..
Old 11-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #31
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I have no idea whatsoever.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #32
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

With Kuper YES
Without Kuper I doubt it
Old 11-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #33
Bacchus

Carolina, Baltimore and @ KC are the toughest games.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #34
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
Week 10: @ Carolina - W

Week 11: vs San Diego - W

Week 12: @ KC - W

Week 13: vs Tampa Bay - L (I think TB is coming on strong and emergence of Doug Martin has really sparked them ... will be a toss-up and one of those games we should win.)

Week 14: @ Oakland - W (as someone said, possible trap game ... but I think OAK is dysfunctional enough to offset that)

Week 15: @ Baltimore - L (Seems we always have trouble in MD)

Week 16: vs Cleveland - W

Week 17: vs KC - W

So, on paper, we finish 6-2 down the stretch and 11-5 on the season. I really do think there will be another oddball game in their we lose that we definitely shouldn't, putting the final record at 10-6.
This is my prediction as well.... 6-2
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #35
comoose00

I do not understand why everyone is so afraid of the pats. we are a better team then them. we lost cause we shot ourselves in the foot (two fumbles inside the 10 yard line, pm fumble inside our 20 and wm drop on 4 and 1) other wise we would have won that game. they are not hat bad of a match up for us and we are not the same team they faced a few weeks ago. By the end of the season we will be in sync and with out all the dumb little mental errors.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #36
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCity View Post
Looking over the schedule today and I want to say we win out these last 8 games but I think realistically we go 7-1 or possibly 6-2.

Week 10 @ Carolina - W
Week 11 vs San Diego - W
Week 12 @ KC - W
Week 13 vs Tampa Bay - W
Week 14 @ Oakland - I want to say W but something about this screams trap game to me
Week 15 @ Baltimore - L (I know these aren't the Ravens of old but they've always given us trouble)
Week 16 vs Cleveland - W
Week 17 vs KC - W (although depending on what happens going in, we may be resting starters for the playoff)

Thoughts?
Thanks for the thread needs to be asked..

Here are my thoughts..

Week 10 @ Carolina - L lots of weapons on Offense for them not sure we can stop them defense better than many think. We are coming off several "high" games last week was almost a loss..

Week 11 vs San Diego - W

Week 12 @ KC - W but could go either way @KC is always a struggle

Week 13 vs Tampa Bay - L this is an up and coming team not sure we can stop their running game which keeps Manning on teh sideline.

Week 14 @ Oakland - W but I agree with the OP. "I want to say W but something about this screams trap game to me"

Week 15 @ Baltimore - L (I know these aren't the Ravens of old but they've always given us trouble)

Week 16 vs Cleveland - W
Week 17 vs KC - W

Which puts us at 10-6 in the play off hunt.. if not a division leader.. SAN scares me though.. they have always been good at putting together 5-7 game win streaks.. do they have the stones to do it again?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #37
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
This is my prediction as well.... 6-2
Except he is predicting 5 and 3
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #38
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Honestly, we have a good chance at beating any team left on our schedule. No team is an absolute loss, a couple tough games, but winnable.
I don't understand people being worried about Kansas City. They haven't had a lead for a single second this season. 8 games, never playing with a lead, leading the league in turnovers and set to make history in that department, getting blown out in pretty much every game.
And people think we will lose when we almost beat the Falcons, Texans and Pats?
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #39
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'll go with this as a possible

Week 10 @ Carolina - W
Week 11 vs San Diego - W
Week 12 @ KC - W
Week 13 vs Tampa Bay - W
Week 14 @ Oakland - L
Week 15 @ Baltimore - L
Week 16 vs Cleveland - W
Week 17 vs KC - L (Brock Osweiller plays most of the game and we split with KC)

Another I could see is us sweeping the Chiefs but losing to Tampa. Oakland is playing much better so I think they could steal one there. Baltimore always has our number. I was initially thinking we split the Bengals/Panthers road series. However I really thought the Bengals game was the one we'd drop. I am less convinced of the Panthers. They are a poorly run, poorly coached team with a young QB who's confidence is looking fragile right now. If it wasn't in Carolina, I'd be bullish on winning.

I just have a hard time seeing us winning EVERY game. We'll see.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #40
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I'll go with we lose to TB and one other. Going 6 and 2
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #41
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Why are there so many of you scared of the Bucs at home? so what Doug Martin ran all over the hapless raiders. I say 8 in the box, man coverage on the outside and force Freeman beat you with his arm.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #42
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

It's hard to look past next game. All these games look easy on paper but, what if SD Car TB Balt etc have one of their best games of the year against us.

I think Car TB SD Balt are toss up games going in. We can't afford mistakes against these teams.

I expect us to go 8-0 if we stay healthy play well on O and limit mistakes. I don't think our D is good enough to go 8-0 if its up to our D to win these games.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 11-07-2012 at 10:05 AM..
Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #43
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
Why are there so many of you scared of the Bucs at home? so what Doug Martin ran all over the hapless raiders. I say 8 in the box, man coverage on the outside and force Freeman beat you with his arm.
Because we've shown some vulnerability to mobile QB's, particularly on third down, and our record against any team from Florida is pretty bad.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #44
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't see Carolina beating Denver. Not enough weapons and Cam Newton, even if he is a threat, still makes crucial, game-losing turnovers. Manning will capitalize on his mistakes. Tampa Bay is a strong offensive team, with Doug Martin (sigh) leading the way. Could be a replay of New England if Denver isn't careful. Freeman is in 2010-form, which means he's legit and should not be overlooked. Kansas City and Oakland are miserable, but inner-division teams play each other best, regardless. They're never gimme games, IMO, and it is quite likely that KC will be a whole new team as far as coaching is concerned by Week 17. Baltimore always gives us trouble --it's also gonna be outside, probably in the cold, in their stadium. Poor conditions for Manning, historically speaking, and worse ones for Denver as a whole. Cleveland could sneak one by us, but I don't think that happens at home. San Diego is probably the most interesting game left. Manning pulled a great comeback, but Rivers also imploded. It's hard to tell just how well the teams match up.

Last edited by NUB; 11-07-2012 at 10:28 AM..
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #45
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Because we've shown some vulnerability to mobile QB's, particularly on third down, and our record against any team from Florida is pretty bad.
Freeman can get rattled. It's imperative that we get to him, early and often.

We need to make him go into full Philip-Rivers-Mode.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #46
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore
must have missed this post but you are dead on..

While our past should not be relevant with all the newbie player and coaches on the team, until I see some consistency in beating Florida teams whether it be early games on the east coast or in Florida I have to say it is a toss up..

If we play a good game without turn overs (who saw Manning throwing two last week ?) and can slow down their young stud RB we canwin this one going away..

but then the same goes for all the teams limit turn overs and win @ the LOS.. and few teams can beat us..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #47
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I see it much differently. I think we smoke baltimore. They have nothing on us now!
So:

Car- L- I have hated this game all year long and it worries me.
San- W
KC- W
Tampa- W
Oakland- W
Balt- W- This game will not be close. We will Destroy them. Watch and see!!
Browns- W
KC- L- This game would be a win and close, but we sit manning and some starters and brocko gets his first taste of game action, throws a pick 6 or two and we lose a nothing game.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #48
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

I'm afraid we lose this weekend @Carolina. That's the proverbial "game we lose that we shouldn't but we do anyway because ANY GIVEN SUNDAY."

And I think we'll lose to Baltimore, but they're pretty beat up. Every game is winnable though.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #49
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

I hate that the KC game is the last game of the season. We'll probably rest our starters, resulting in a loss. I HATE LOSING TO KC!

In addition, I'm still scared of San Diego. Rivers will be looking for revenge, and he just might get it. I'm also thinking that Baltimore will be tough. So, I'll go 5-3...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote