The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #51
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
By that logic we should start a league in China.
I heard Alabama could already beat any Chineese team. What's the sport in that?
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #52
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
If the NFL really wants to go international it needs to first broadcast the games for free all over the world in order to "grow" a fanbase. You can't plant a team in a city and expect an average citizen of that city to fork over a fist full of money to watch a live event they don't even understand.

Most of the world simply doesn't like American football because 1. they don't understand it and 2. it flows differently and has a lot of stops or breaks in the action. Now I think that IF overseas fans took the time to understand the game they might like it more. However I doubt they will spend any money on learning it because it's a friggen game. They will instead go and watch their favorite soccer team.
Totally agree. It was a pain in the ass growing up (during the SB years I used to get my aunt to send me tapes of regular season games from CO that arrived two weeks late then I moved to GamePass radio before we actually got regular season day time games).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:23 AM   #53
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

France has no interest in the NFL, they're an NBA loving country.

Germany would take a franchise like a shot and would have as much fanbase interest as the UK.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #54
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Maybe the NFL can talk Carnival into building a stadium into one of their cruise ships.

In the meantime, why don't they just play some games on an aircraft carrier?
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:46 AM   #55
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Because I'm from Hong Kong and it wasn't all that fun growing up as the only football / Broncos fan? Because I think the best league in the world could teach Europeans a thing or two about fairness and parity. Because the quality of football could very well increase with a wider talent pool.
Well on a personal level that makes sense for you, I guess. For the average American, though, an international effort is a bad thing.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:47 AM   #56
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't really like the games in London but the first time they put a team in a foreign country will be the end of football for me. Just so frustrated with the continual money grabs to the detriment of the sport. Sometimes I already feel like I'm hanging around for tradition as much as anything when I see some of the terrible rule adjustments they've made over the last few years.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #57
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
If it is one team, let me know what NFL football franchise gets 10 home games in a approximately 13 week window. I don't think you have a team there unless there is two franchises in the area.
Didn't say it was one team, but 10 game would be rotation.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #58
uk bronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Nalen

there is apparently a 60000 seater stadium being built in Lyon by the owner of the soccer club who loves football

germany makes more sense to me but the sport is that big there they are apparently worried the NFL would kill its fanbase domestically
uk bronco is offline   Reply With Quote