The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Real unemployment is around 15%. Our illustrious government does not count the people who have run out of unemployment benefits and no longer looking for work.

okay let's go with 15%, but then why state 23% as that is not even remotely close? I get a 5% plus or minus margin of error, but 23% is hyperbole or an outright falsehood and simply incites unnecessary reactions that distract from addressing the actual problems as one has to discern fact from fiction.

Unemployment certainly is a problem, but to insist Obama and the Federal government have done nothing to address it and don't care whilst proposing a false number is misleading and wrongheaded. The WH, like the prevous admin, has introduced various reforms, stimulus packages, etc in attempts to alleviate some of this, including a substantial bailout of the auto industry who has been creating jobs in the US. I am not convinced the Feds can fix it nor do I necessarily want more US government interference, but we will see what the next 4 years bring, whoever ends up in the WH.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote