The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #51
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
You see, if Action pulled this crap in real life he would probably get slapped upside the head and told to shut the **** up. That's the problem with the internet, no one can b**** slap Action right now.
He keeps talking about how right he is about everything yet he has yet to do anything like this for the board. Seems like a poser.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #52
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He keeps talking about how right he is about everything yet he has yet to do anything like this for the board. Seems like a poser.
Well I have posted screen caps this season, namely during the Atlanta and San Diego game and others to show what has happened, but not to this thread level.

However, why are you guys mad at me when CLEARLY there is mis-information? Would you rather like to just drink the kool aid and see it as how you want to see it? Or do you actually want the correct information?

I'm trying to get the correct information.

Apparently, that's not very popular around here.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #53
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

great work..., really well done...

Watched Ayers have some nice push yesterday..., even though that phrase makes me extremely uncomfortable..
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #54
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
1. I'm not a defensive coach.
2. This thread isn't about logging every missed play, assignment break down etc.
3. This thread is (mostly) about Ayers - hint - read the title.
4. I'm literally:
- rewatching/rewinding every defensive play,
- tracking Ayers' snaps,
- down and distance,
- where he lines up and
- trying to watch as much of the DL as I can,
- while tracking Ayers' burst off the snap and closing speed.
- and taking screenshots along with trying to post at the same time in under 2 hours.

So yeah, I don't even have the time to disregard who's supposed to do what in coverage.

At this time I'm very tempted to say something unpleasant, but I'm not going to waste any more of my time.

Bye.

Fontaine,

This was a great thread, thanks for your time! I also noticed Ayers during the game and think I commented on sighting him in the gameday thread.

Don't let one idiot bring you down.

Love these threads!

Steve
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #55
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

thx fontaine great thread!
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #56
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Moore just happens to be at the center of the plays I'm discussing, it doesn't matter who it is.

This is how it is at the orangemane ---> people incorrectly diagnose a players actions based on how they perceive a player through their feelings.

Matter of fact, people incorrectly diagnose the WHOLE play based on their feelings of a certain player.

I don't care that it's Moore, it could have been Mike Adams, Leohnard, Bruton... it's about getting the play right and crediting who deserves to be credited, and faulting who is really at fault.

Accountability, that's all it really is.
Okay how about you go make a thread where you break everything down the way you see it? Oh no, you'd just rather whine about people who do take the time. Thanks for your contribution.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #57
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
1. I'm not a defensive coach.
2. This thread isn't about logging every missed play, assignment break down etc.
3. This thread is (mostly) about Ayers - hint - read the title.
4. I'm literally:
- rewatching/rewinding every defensive play,
- tracking Ayers' snaps,
- down and distance,
- where he lines up and
- trying to watch as much of the DL as I can,
- while tracking Ayers' burst off the snap and closing speed.
- and taking screenshots along with trying to post at the same time in under 2 hours.

So yeah, I don't even have the time to disregard who's supposed to do what in coverage.

At this time I'm very tempted to say something unpleasant, but I'm not going to waste any more of my time.

Bye.
Eventually you'll start saying that unpleasant thing you want to and then I can retire
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #58
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Eventually you'll start saying that unpleasant thing you want to and then I can retire

Nah You are the undisputed champ of unpleasantness.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #59
Nwp-Apap

Loved that screen play Moore blew up, kids playing very well this season.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #60
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Have to give a lot of credit to JDR and Nunnely, they have turned some pretty average looking guys into stars, Bannan, Vickerson, Ayers, Unrein, Wolfe.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #61
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Have to give a lot of credit to JDR and Nunnely, they have turned some pretty average looking guys into stars, Bannan, Vickerson, Ayers, Unrein, Wolfe.
Nunnley is retired, is he not?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #62
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Nunnley is retired, is he not?
I don't remember hearing that but it is possible...
Old 11-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #63
Action

Situation: 2nd quarter 9:07, 3rd and 22
ALERT Screen

BENGALS: 3 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE
BRONCOS: Looks like their dime package, 3 down lineman, 2 linebackers. Showing blitz

Bolden is getting field time, he is at the bottom of the screen.

Obvious WR Screen. Chris Harris is brought in for the DB Blitz, and dropping Woodyard into coverage. Most Broncos rushers aren't even touched. Everyone gets pressure, mainly Dumervil, whom EXPLODES off the line. Ayers is the furthest from the play as he got blocked and had no pressure.

Dalton gets the ball out just in time before getting knocked over by Dumervil in which he wanted a flag. NOPE.

Before #12 catches the ball, Rahim Moore has already diagnosed the play and is running towards #12. You can see him on the screen running in at FULL SPEED before #12 is even turned around. Chris Harris and Von Miller have also already diagnosed the play and hustle towards the ball.

Rahim Moore at full speed, runs past an olineman who couldn't get his hands on him, and is able to shed the block of another olineman.

Rahim Moore makes the tackle at full speed for a 5 yard loss, just as good as a sack. Chris Harris, Woodyard and Von Miller were all there to clean up in case anything happened.

Keep in mind, from the time #12 caught the ball to Rahim Moore tackling him, only 2 SECONDS went by. Keep this in perspective.

Good defensive execution by whole team.

Last edited by Action; 11-05-2012 at 08:43 PM..
Old 11-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #64
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
You see, if Action pulled this crap in real life he would probably get slapped upside the head and told to shut the **** up. That's the problem with the internet, no one can b**** slap Action right now.
LMFAO
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:56 AM   #65
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Moore just happens to be at the center of the plays I'm discussing, it doesn't matter who it is.

This is how it is at the orangemane ---> people incorrectly diagnose a players actions based on how they perceive a player through their feelings.

Matter of fact, people incorrectly diagnose the WHOLE play based on their feelings of a certain player.

I don't care that it's Moore, it could have been Mike Adams, Leohnard, Bruton... it's about getting the play right and crediting who deserves to be credited, and faulting who is really at fault.

Accountability, that's all it really is.
ACTION,

You have still missed the point. Fontaine took the time and made the effort to point something out quite interesting to some of us. Maybe not you. Be positive. Instead of bringing a critical attitude about what someone may not have included in his post, be a contributor and ADD to it. Be thankful about what he did do and bring the rest of us something positive too. I am sure you have something to add. Almost all of us saw the game. However, we may have missed what you might have to ADD to the post. Criticism of any form is not ADDING. Think about WHY some of us have reacted so negatively to what you said.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:02 AM   #66
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Well I have posted screen caps this season, namely during the Atlanta and San Diego game and others to show what has happened, but not to this thread level.

However, why are you guys mad at me when CLEARLY there is mis-information? Would you rather like to just drink the kool aid and see it as how you want to see it? Or do you actually want the correct information?

I'm trying to get the correct information.

Apparently, that's not very popular around here.
I posted about this on an earlier post. Sometimes the attitude trumps content lowering what you said to a level of ignorance.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:58 AM   #67
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
That play was a huge brainfart on Dumervil - the pass rush flushes Dalton out of the pocket, he rolls to his left which means it is going to be difficult for him to set his feet and throw (a right hander rolling left is at a disadvantage), Dumervil is in the short zone and he comes up to try to get Dalton, this leaves the flat zone completely open and Gresham (the TE) comes back to help Dalton wide open, Dalton makes the little flip and Gresham takes off, Moore is being blocked down field and in that situation he is trying to make sure he doesn't overplay and let Gresham into the field, but unfortunately he doesn't have enough power to disengage and force Gresham out of bounds.

All in all the play was well defended initially but then Dumervil leaves his zone which leaves the TE wide open on the route adjustment and Moore who makes the right call in keeping Gresham on the sideline then fails to disengage and make the tackle.
Thanks, I rewatched it and it looks like you're spot on.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:10 AM   #68
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Great post fontaine -- one thing I love about the orange mane is that we'll occasionally get posts and threads that are more informative and insightful than anything you'll find in the Denver Post or the national media (the OM Podcast is another example of this).

I had been wondering about Robert Ayers lately... for someone who Mike Mayock said "could be the defensive player in the 2009 draft", he doesn't get a lot of mentions from the announcers when you watch the games.

How awesome would it be if he started consistently playing up to his potential? Imagine if we had another stud-daddy DT/LB to go along with Dumerville and Miller!
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:16 AM   #69
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Fontaine and Action, thanks for the picture analysis I love stuff like this.

Ayers was real solid on Sunday

Moore really shined with that that tackle on that screen play.

This is the kind of play I hope we continue to see from our high draft picks.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #70
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

Quote:
What's really stood out for me is the stark contrast between the teams in terms of pass rush.

Manning barely got touched, even with Ramirez playing, even on longer developing plays.

Dalton hardly had a clean pocket to throw from and Cincy started working him more from the shotgun but our pass rush still dominated and it wasn't just one guy. Von/Doom/Ayers/Wolfe, hell even Unrein had a very nice play in the first quarter where he twisted inside and pushed the G right into Dalton's lap.

And Cincy has one of the top pass rushing defenses in the league? GTFO!
wonder how much of that is due to Koppen? Seems like the line is gelling with him.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #71
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

This is a good thread. Value >1.

one other thing to note: we have done an excellent job of sniffing out and breaking up screens. We used to get killed with a good screen - Chargers and raiders especially. Now, it seems like we have done a fantastic job of sniffing them out and stopping them for a loss - if the pass is even completed. Vickerson comes to mind as a screen-disrupt-er in previous games.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #72
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post
wonder how much of that is due to Koppen? Seems like the line is gelling with him.
From what I saw of Koppen a few weeks ago, he's not a power player that's going to out muscle guys.

But he does do a great job of using his hands/leverage to manuver guys and uses their momentum against them. He'll use multiple hand punches to keep a guy off balance and still moves pretty well in the 2nd level.

There were a couple of very well executed 2nd level blocks against Oakland, I think, where he cleared out defenders to get our WRs plenty of yards after the catch.

Walton has really improved though and Koppen's play so far really shows that he's capable of still playing at this level and really should be resigned for next year as well.

I'll try to get some screen captures of Koppen/Beadles and how they coped with Geno Atkins.

Honestly speaking I thought Cincy's pass rush was going to be a really tough challenge and the fact that our OL came through with flying colors in pass protection really emphasizes how far they've come as a group.

I can only remember one pressure on Manning where he threw that 2nd pick but apart from that he was kept clean.

Last edited by fontaine; 11-06-2012 at 12:02 PM..
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #73
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Thanks man. Good thread.

I had no idea Ayers was getting off the ball so fast. If he could only keep the OL hands off him or stop trying to bull rush each guy, with that fast first step he might be lethal.

I had no idea he was doing anything remotely close to good. I thought he was just an eh, he is there kinda guy. Good to know and breakdown. Great read!
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #74
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
From what I saw of Koppen a few weeks ago, he's not a power player that's going to out muscle guys.

But he does do a great job of using his hands/leverage to manuver guys and uses their momentum against them. He'll use multiple hand punches to keep a guy off balance and still moves pretty well in the 2nd level.

There were a couple of very well executed 2nd level blocks against Oakland, I think, where he cleared out defenders to get our WRs plenty of yards after the catch.

Walton has really improved though and Koppen's play so far really shows that he's capable of still playing at this level and really should be resigned for next year as well.

I'll try to get some screen captures of Koppen/Beadles and how they coped with Geno Atkins.

Honestly speaking I thought Cincy's pass rush was going to be a really tough challenge and the fact that our OL came through with flying colors in pass protection really emphasizes how far they've come as a group.

I can only remember one pressure on Manning where he threw that 2nd pick but apart from that he was kept clean.
I have tried to keep an eye on Koppen and his weakness is definitely drive run blocking, he just doesn't have the power to move the NT out of the way on runs in the A-gaps. Walton was noticibly better at getting that initial burst to push the NT away from the gap.

On pass plays Koppen is very active with his hands and using excellent leverage, he doesn't get pushed back and he has good control both when playing against a 0 or 1 tech or when blocking out to support against a player lined up on the guard.

The most dangerous power run we have is definitely running behind Kuper and Franklin right at the C-gap with Beadles pulling, those 3 guys get so much push and penetration and really clear out the area.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #75
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Well done fontaine! Had to do a DVR double take on Sunday when Ayers came busting through the line on 3rd and 25 (8:45 left in the 4th) forcing Dalton to throw the ball early, into the arms of Champ. If the three headed monster of Dumervil, Ayers and Miller can generate that kind of pressure on a consistent basis.....our third and long issues are OVAH!!!!

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote