The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #1026
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 7,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Tebow status to me is both KC games of 2011
Wilson is never tebow status so not buying using anything about tebow to downgrade Wilson
So throwing for 40% and being 1 pass away from 30% isn't tebow status.

Winning a game completing 9/18 and 100 yards isn't tebow status.

GTFOH thats exactly what Tebow status is.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #1027
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,015

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

okie dokie, action. if i'm following correctly...

Russell Wilson>Cam Newton (this has been established)

Russell Wilson=Tim Tebow

Therefore Tim Tebow>Cam Newton

And the Tebow comparison takes us all the way back to the 1st page. Way to tie it all together, action.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #1028
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,260

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
You want to talk about last year? Look at the playoffs.

Wilson beat the Saints by completing 9 passes on 18 attempts for 106 yards. What does that tell you?

They both played the 49ers in the playoffs.

Newton passed for 52 more yards on the same amount of attempts.

Both threw a touchdown - Newton threw 2 ints...but what was the REAL difference?

Check that Seattle rushing game (While Newton led the Panthers in rushing against the 49ers).

Both are in 2 completely different situations (Wilson being in a much better one)...so to sit here and pull out only stats shows ones absolutely dumb ****ery.
It tells me that Newton makes costly mistakes while Wilson does not.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #1029
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 7,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
you are making Wilson's case even stronger with this. Newton had the luxury of a bona fide #1 WR and an offence built completely around him yet Russell Wilson is outproducing him as a passer despite Doug Baldwin being his #1.
Funny how you've avoided the coaching aspect this whole time - and now you're just nitpicking 1 player.

Everyone knows Seattle has a better offense (I mean ALL THEIR PLAYERS THAT PLAY AS A UNIT) than Seattle - and the difference is not the QB.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #1030
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11,457

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

9 for 18, 108 yards is Tebow status.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #1031
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,015

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Everyone knows Seattle has a better offense (I mean ALL THEIR PLAYERS THAT PLAY AS A UNIT) than Seattle - and the difference is not the QB.
I'd say they are about equal actually
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #1032
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11,457

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
It tells me that Newton makes costly mistakes while Wilson does not.
Wilson has a better defense, better run game, better OL, isnt asked to do as much as Cam or even Luck.

So he doesnt have to do much, therefore he can manage the game.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:51 PM   #1033
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 7,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
It tells me that Newton makes costly mistakes while Wilson does not.
Oh so you're just going to completely disregard the running game?

You don't think 1 QB having a running game and the other not having a running game played any aspect into that?

Do you know anything about football?

I honestly think football is just too tough to understand for some of you. There are so many variables and aspects that go into every discussion - most of you can't comprehend more than a few variables at any given moment.

Look - I'm smart as **** - I have been as a young and I've spent time trying to teach my nephews different concepts of math and things of that nature and sometimes - there is just too many things that go on that some peoples brain gets overloaded.

This is what it happening here - you're not looking at ALL the variables that account into a player getting a W and having certain statistics.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:51 PM   #1034
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,015

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Wilson has a better defense, better run game, better OL, isnt asked to do as much as Cam or even Luck.

So he doesnt have to do much, therefore he can manage the game.
a game manager has thrown for more TD passes than Newton since said game manager entered the league.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #1035
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 7,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
I'd say they are about equal actually
So you take out Wilson and Cam Newton and you'd say they're about equal?

Please confirm this.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #1036
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,015

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Look - I'm smart as **** - I have been as a young and I've spent time trying to teach my nephews different concepts of math
nice, then can you tell me if I used the transitive property correctly when we determined a page back that Tebow is better than Newton?
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #1037
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11,457

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
a game manager has thrown for more TD passes than Newton since said game manager entered the league.
YEP and had many Tebow-like games to boot.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #1038
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 7,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

So take out Wilson, Cam Newton - Panthers and Seahawks are equal when it comes to coaching staff and players.

Is this guy serious...
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #1039
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
and John Elway (12-22-123-0-1) status in a super bowl.
But that also illustrates his point....Elway had a very good defense and all world offense in SBXXXII.....in the other SB's where he didn't have great team mates, those kind of numbers resulted in 55-10 fistings
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #1040
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,015

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
So you take out Wilson and Cam Newton and you'd say they're about equal?

Please confirm this.
Wait. what does Newton have to do with what you posted here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Everyone knows Seattle has a better offense (I mean ALL THEIR PLAYERS THAT PLAY AS A UNIT) than Seattle - and the difference is not the QB.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #1041
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 7,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Wait. what does Newton have to do with what you posted here?
Typo - you obviously knew what I meant. Seattle has a better offense/coaching staff than Carolina.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #1042
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,015

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Typo
so you agree that Seattle is about = Seattle? I mean all things being equal, they are about the same yeah? more or less?
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #1043
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9,703

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
okie dokie, action. if i'm following correctly...

Russell Wilson>Cam Newton (this has been established)

Russell Wilson=Tim Tebow

Therefore Tim Tebow>Cam Newton

And the Tebow comparison takes us all the way back to the 1st page. Way to tie it all together, action.
Which leads us back to the beginning of the post. Look at all these morons claiming Tebow is the real deal.


Quote:
Originally Posted by OMANEPOSTER View Post
I haven't dodged ANY questions. Answer: The majority of them, if not all. Also, its Tebow's superior work ethic, leadership and, most importantly, his mental faculties that make him a MUCH BETTER QB than Cam.

Your turn. I'm still very excited for your "answer".
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #1044
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 7,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
so you agree that Seattle is about = Seattle? I mean all things being equal, they are about the same yeah? more or less?
No - seattle and seattle are completely different.

I do know - using your logic - that Foles is better than Luck though.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #1045
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 7,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
okie dokie, action. if i'm following correctly...

Russell Wilson>Cam Newton (this has been established)

Russell Wilson=Tim Tebow

Therefore Tim Tebow>Cam Newton

And the Tebow comparison takes us all the way back to the 1st page. Way to tie it all together, action.
I said Russell Wilson = Tim Tebow?

Or did I say Russell Wilson has had games that are like Tim Tebow performances?
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:03 PM   #1046
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,015

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
No - seattle and seattle are completely different.

I do know - using your logic - that Foles is better than Luck though.
? Luck is clearly better than Foles. honestly action, I have yet to hear anything that makes Newton better aside from emoticons, Newton throwing more INT vs like opponents, and Russell Wilson playing with a good D and Lynch.

Since you brought Luck into the conversation, I will head out of this thread with this....

“Russell Wilson is better than (Luck). No question,” (Chris) Harris said after the game, according to Vic Lombardi of CBS 4 in Denver...
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:03 PM   #1047
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 7,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Football fans are some of the stupidest people around -

1 discussion you only want to use stats to compare QBs. The next one you talk about how great a running game is for the offense. Then the next talks about coaching staff. Then the next talks about defense. ETC ETC. But you can't somehow tie these all together?

You idiots KNOW that it's not all about numbers or else you wouldn't even be discussing anything. If it was as simple as what number is bigger - any infant could tell you who a better player is when comparing 2 players in any sport.

Of course Wilson has better stats than Cam Newton - if he didn't it wouldn't even a ****ing discussion because Seattle is the better overall team than the Panthers.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #1048
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 7,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
? Luck is clearly better than Foles. honestly action, I have yet to hear anything that makes Newton better aside from emoticons, Newton throwing more INT vs like opponents, and Russell Wilson playing with a good D and Lynch.

Since you brought Luck into the conversation, I will head out of this thread with this....

“Russell Wilson is better than (Luck). No question,” (Chris) Harris said after the game, according to Vic Lombardi of CBS 4 in Denver...
I think that Luck is clearly better than Foles.

However using YOUR LOGIC - Foles is better than Luck - because the numbers say so.

And once again - you completely disregard the coaching staffs.

What a ****ing moron
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #1049
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,015

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Of course Wilson is better than Cam Newton
agreed
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #1050
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,260

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Oh so you're just going to completely disregard the running game?

You don't think 1 QB having a running game and the other not having a running game played any aspect into that?

Do you know anything about football?

I honestly think football is just too tough to understand for some of you. There are so many variables and aspects that go into every discussion - most of you can't comprehend more than a few variables at any given moment.

Look - I'm smart as **** - I have been as a young and I've spent time trying to teach my nephews different concepts of math and things of that nature and sometimes - there is just too many things that go on that some peoples brain gets overloaded.

This is what it happening here - you're not looking at ALL the variables that account into a player getting a W and having certain statistics.
TLDNR...
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Denver Broncos