The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #1026
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
That's quite the requirement. Not only did you exclude Tim Tebow with your stupid limitation, congratulations on that by the way, you also managed to throw out Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, etc. etc. etc.
Brady and Warner got their jobs due to injuries to the starter and never gave them back. that's not due to the starter sucking...
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #1027
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
at all the posters claiming that NFL GM's would take Tebow over Newton. Newton isn't even that good but he is better than Tebow.
NFL GM's would take Tebow over Newton.
as a special teams player.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #1028
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Nope, I have an aversion to morons who think Tebow was the sole reason we made playoffs last season.

Orton played himself out of a job....and I appreciate Tebow helping us win a playoff game just as much as I appreciated any back-up QB we've had that did ok like Gus and Gary and Norris...but the bottom line is they were back-ups for a reason
I appreciate Tebow helping Denver get Peyton Manning.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #1029
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
If I had to pick somebody as the most spectacular quarterback in football, Iíd have to choose Aaron Rodgers. Itís surreal to see what Rodgers can do sometimes; nobody snaps off 40-yard passes while his bodyís moving in the opposite direction in between steps like Rodgers. The touchdown pass he threw to Randall Cobb last week was just unfair, which is classic Rodgers.

You know who might represent a pretty good competitor for Rodgers? Cam Newton, who has been one of the best quarterbacks in football this year with virtually nothing around him. All of his running backs are hurt. His offensive line sucks. Greg Olsen and Kelvin Benjamin, his two best receivers, are dealing with injuries. That should be a problem for Newton. Itís not, because he isnít operating in a space where things that are typically problems matter. Letís look at a critical fourth-quarter drive from last weekís tie with the Bengals to see how that works.

Itís normally a problem if your right tackle disintegrates into ash in front of you on third-and-7, right? Not so much if youíre Cam Newton.

http://i.minus.com/ibnfyFY0OfrUhg.gif

Thatís incredible. The Bengals have Carlos Dunlap treat right tackle Nate Chandler like heís a prop and green-dogging linebacker Vontaze Burfict run past stumbling right guard Trai Turner. If Newton takes one false step, heís toast. Instead, with the entire right side of his offensive line on their ass, Newton casually takes a half-step back from Dunlap, scrambles intelligently away from what is now a flock of four Bengals, blows up Wallace Gilberryís angle of pursuit, and casually glides to the sticks for a huge first down.

You like passes? What about passes on fourth down? Those are even more fun, right? Hereís Newton at the helm of the riverboat:

http://i.minus.com/iS0JEA7M5Broo.gif

Thatís insane. I chose the broadcast angle over the All-22 angle for the GIF because I wanted to point out that even the hard camera operator couldnít believe this pass got through. The Bengals have the exact play call they were hoping for here, with man coverage with several underneath zones designed to take away the throwing lanes for a slant. They get a pair of slants on the strong side. The defender on the inside slant, recognizing that Newton is going for the backside slant to Benjamin, comes off his man to try to jump the route. The zone defender sees the pass developing and tries to get over. Even Terence Newman, the cornerback in coverage on Benjamin, can see the pass coming.

And none of it matters one bit, because Newton fires a slant in to Benjamin so hard and with such perfect timing that thereís nothing anybody can do. The pass has such velocity that the defenders trying to tip it away donít make it into the air for their despairing dives until the ball is already past them. The hard camera does a double take. Newman doesnít even have a prayer of getting in the way of the pass. The only hope is that Benjamin drops the pass or that George Iloka can jar the ball out with a big hit, and Newton puts such zip on the pass that Benjamin has enough time to catch it and brace himself for impact.

This isnít last yearís Panthers. The defense, third in DVOA last year, is 28th through six weeks. Injuries and retirements have slowed the running game, Newton aside, to a crawl; after averaging 3.9 yards per carry last year, Carolinaís assorted running backs have produced just 2.8 yards per rush this year. Theyíre a flawed team in a flawed division. Given that they needed a missed chip shot to come away with a draw in Cincinnati last weekend, theyíre probably lucky to be 3-2-1. Of course, theyíre also lucky to have Newton as their quarterback.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nf...-up-from-here/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:01 PM   #1030
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Cam is one of my favorite QBs in the league. Keep gets more national attention because of 49ers - but I think Cam is a much better player that doesn't have the benefit of elite coaching.

Imagine Cam with Chip Kelly....he'd probably win MVP.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:02 PM   #1031
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Dear god, swap out Foles for Newton and they'd be marching the Lombardi down Broad St. this coming February.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #1032
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

This thread has so much fail by the usual suspects.....comedy gold!
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #1033
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Cam is one of my favorite QBs in the league. Keep gets more national attention because of 49ers - but I think Cam is a much better player that doesn't have the benefit of elite coaching.

Foles is gold compared to Cam..
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #1034
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
If Foles is Gold then Cam is King Solomon.
Cam is developing into one of the better QB's in the NFL.
I wanna see what he can do with more weapons around him. Dude is a beast now and he barely has a legit WR corp.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #1035
ram29jackson
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

or constantly be injured
ram29jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:26 PM   #1036
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
If Foles is Gold then Cam is King Solomon.
Cam is developing into one of the better QB's in the NFL.
I wanna see what he can do with more weapons around him. Dude is a beast now and he barely has a legit WR corp.
I agree w/ you on a lot of things babe but Cam Newton will NEVER be one of the best QB's in the NFL for one reason..his lack of leadership..he's way immature and thinks he's better then he is. Foles I really appreciate as a QB..he is going to be something special. Not Peyton special nobody will ever touch my man on his elite status but Foles in a few years ..oh yes I see it..I bet you he wins a SB before Schmuck or Cam..an a MVP at that.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:52 PM   #1037
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:58 PM   #1038
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
False.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:00 AM   #1039
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
or constantly be injured
Doubt it - as Cam really wants to be a passer. He's the only rushing type QB in the league that can actually pass and wants to stay in the pocket.

I'm talking about the Kaepernicks, Wilsons, RG3s of the league.

Chip Kelly is an extremely smart coach and would coach Cam Newton up with injuries in mind.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:00 AM   #1040
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Nick Foles is slow as **** as is the only thing holding that offense from dominating the NFL.

Nick Foles has the same type of mobility as Philip Rivers and Kyle Orton...but he's only 25.

Let me also add - how did this Chrissy b**** become so ****ing stupid? Someone needs to judo chop her in the throat and get her off the forums.

I'd try the whole ripping balls off routine with her, but my hands would probably be full of dust if I reached down there...
Old 10-18-2014, 12:35 AM   #1041
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Nick Foles is slow as **** as is the only thing holding that offense from dominating the NFL.

Nick Foles has the same type of mobility as Philip Rivers and Kyle Orton...but he's only 25.

Let me also add - how did this Chrissy b**** become so ****ing stupid? Someone needs to judo chop her in the throat and get her off the forums.

I'd try the whole ripping balls off routine with her, but my hands would probably be full of dust if I reached down there...
Foles is gold..find a way to deal with it and embrace it cause like it or not hes gonna be wearing that gold LONG before Cam the Sham..and I WILL remind you.. bet that..He outplayed Schmuck now didn't he..heeheee
Old 10-18-2014, 12:40 AM   #1042
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

And by the way Action what is up w/ your name calling..every post you do that to people..Are you trying to compensate for other areas that you are lacking in? that was a dumb question..OF COURSE YOU ARE... Must be a small small world ...heeheeheee

Last edited by Chrissy Rules; 10-18-2014 at 12:47 AM..
Old 10-18-2014, 06:21 AM   #1043
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Doubt it - as Cam really wants to be a passer. He's the only rushing type QB in the league that can actually pass and wants to stay in the pocket.
um....Russell Wilson is far better at the above the Newton.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #1044
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
um....Russell Wilson is far better at the above the Newton.
No he's not

He's not better - and to even say he's "far" better tells me you don't really watch either of them play - or you don't know what you're watching.

Last edited by Action; 10-18-2014 at 09:35 AM..
Old 10-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #1045
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
No he's not

He's not better - and to even say he's "far" better tells me you don't really watch either of them play - or you don't know what you're watching.
Wilson is probably second only to Luck when it comes to being mobile and still looking down the field. Cam has come a long way in terms of being a pocket passer, but when he's flushed from the pocket he's a rusher, not a passer.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:55 AM   #1046
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Wilson averages 213 passing yards per game.

To put his name with Cam is disrepecful to Cam.

Cam is a beast, big fan of his.

Has no one to throw too, worst OL in football and still dominates.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #1047
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Wilson averages 213 passing yards per game.

To put his name with Cam is disrepecful to Cam.

Cam is a beast, big fan of his.

Has no one to throw too, worst OL in football and still dominates.
Newton averaged 211 passing yards per game last year.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #1048
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Wilson is probably second only to Luck when it comes to being mobile and still looking down the field. Cam has come a long way in terms of being a pocket passer, but when he's flushed from the pocket he's a rusher, not a passer.
So now you're talking about being mobile and passing outside the pocket - when my original statement you disagreed with was talking about passing in the pocket.

Just go look at how many times Wilson throws in a season vs Newton. Better yet - combine passing attempts and rushing attempts of each player and compare. It's pretty obvious who has more responsibility for their offense.

Wilson is out here throwing in the 100+ yard range in a game (on a regular basis) and winning.

To me - the difference is so big that - the only way you can come to a conclusion that Wilson is better is if you only watch sportscenter or some other retarded show - because if you actually see both them play and take into account scheme and talent - you'd have to be damn near retarded to even think Wilson is better.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:28 AM   #1049
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
So now you're talking about being mobile and passing outside the pocket - when my original statement you disagreed with was talking about passing in the pocket.

Just go look at how many times Wilson throws in a season vs Newton. Better yet - combine passing attempts and rushing attempts of each player and compare. It's pretty obvious who has more responsibility for their offense.

Wilson is out here throwing in the 100+ yard range in a game and winning.

To me - the difference is so big that - the only way you can come to a conclusion that Wilson is better is if you only watch sportscenter or some other retarded show - because if you actually see both them play and take into account scheme and talent - you'd have to be damn near retarded to even think Wilson is better.
You're clearly hopelessly biased here. I don't like either of them. Everything you mention above has nothing to do with the QBs, but the teams they play for.

Cam has more responsibility, sure, which means he has more opportunities, and he also makes more mistakes.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #1050
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wilson is a better QB by far where it matters most. That is throwing the football, avoiding sacks and knowing when to run. Throw in leadership and super bowl ring and it isn't a discussion.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote