The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #101
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Man that would have been sweet!
Yeah, "If if's were fifth's we'd all be drunk" but, I think it could have happened that way. Only if we weren't in love with Osweiler. I do think Wolfe would have been there later in the 2nd.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #102
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Dude the ravens said they were going to draft Wolfe if we didn't with their second round pick.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #103
Action

I'd like to add that, when we get a good MLB, we can add the Tampa Cover 2 coverage to our scheme, which I think would be very beneficial against hurry up offenses/situations.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #104
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Yeah, "If if's were fifth's we'd all be drunk" but, I think it could have happened that way. Only if we weren't in love with Osweiler. I do think Wolfe would have been there later in the 2nd.
In a couple of years after learning from the master I suspect you also will be in love with Brock.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #105
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
In a couple of years after learning from the master I suspect you also will be in love with Brock.
Based on what exactly?
Old 11-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #106
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Based on what exactly?
Him being our FQB.

Did not think you were that dense.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:38 AM   #107
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

McGahee and Hilman are not sub par. I watched the seahawks/vikings game today.. Lynch is incredible and Peterson is on a level of his own, but you can't compare our backs to guys like that.. Lynch and Peterson are not the par they are the exception. Our guys may not be too far about average but they are at least average.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #108
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
McGahee and Hilman are not sub par. I watched the seahawks/vikings game today.. Lynch is incredible and Peterson is on a level of his own, but you can't compare our backs to guys like that.. Lynch and Peterson are not the par they are the exception. Our guys may not be too far about average but they are at least average.
McGahee is above average and Hillman is below average. thus they are average I guess. I would love to see Jerimiah Johnson in this offense. To me he seems much fast than Hillman.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #109
Agamemnon

Quote:
Him being our FQB.

Did not think you were that dense.
Because this franchise has such a great history with those...
Old 11-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #110
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
McGahee is above average and Hillman is below average. thus they are average I guess. I would love to see Jerimiah Johnson in this offense. To me he seems much fast than Hillman.
32 carries for 140 yards in his career so far and you already have him pegged as below average eh? You're kind of special...
Old 11-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #111
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Dude the ravens said they were going to draft Wolfe if we didn't with their second round pick.
Yeah...that's what was leaked by the Broncos.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #112
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
No way is JJ faster than Hillman. And it is way to early to say he is below average.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #113
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I'm surprised at the Hillman hate. Is he the next Eric Dickerson? No. But, the sample size with the kid is small and yet he's been able to make some plays and flash some potential when given an opportunity. He looks pretty damn fast in space to me. He's been able to catch an edge and break a couple of long runs, he's a pretty willing blocker for being a small back. Yesterday, he had a nice short grab from Manning for a 3rd down conversion and one carry for 4 yards. 32 carries for 140 yards, 4.4 avg, I mean he the youngest player in the league. Maybe give him a full year, before we give him the below average label.

Although next year it would be nice to get a young feature back to replace Willis.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #114
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I'm surprised at the Hillman hate. Is he the next Eric Dickerson? No. But, the sample size with the kid is small and yet he's been able to make some plays and flash some potential when given an opportunity. He looks pretty damn fast in space to me. He's been able to catch an edge and break a couple of long runs, he's a pretty willing blocker for being a small back. Yesterday, he had a nice short grab from Manning for a 3rd down conversion and one carry for 4 yards. 32 carries for 140 yards, 4.4 avg, I mean he the youngest player in the league. Maybe give him a full year, before we give him the below average label.

Although next year it would be nice to get a young feature back to replace Willis.
considering all the tater love here in the past it sounds silly to me..he is only shorter than tater was..

I suspect he is faster also.. anyone expecting either to be feature backs is not the brightest blub in the room..

you are correct they need another Biggie 235+ back to tote the rock 20+ times a game down the road when Mc Gahee retires or to spell him the next few years....

If you saw teh game tonight having a bunch of guys to carry the ball is a HUGE plus..

Last edited by lonestar; 11-05-2012 at 10:39 PM..
Old 11-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #115
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
considering all the tater love here in the past it sounds silly to me..he is only shorter than tater was..

I suspect he is faster also.. anyone expecting either to be feature backs is not the brightest blub in the room..

you are correct they need another Biggie 235+ back to tote the rock 20+ times a game down the road when Mc Gahee retires or to spell him the next few years....

If you saw teh game tonight having a bunch of guys to carry the ball is a HUGE plus..
I'd take Tatum Bell on this team right now over Ball and Moreno.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #116
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:

I don't usually advocate using a first round pick on a RB but boy I wish we had stayed where we were and taken Martin. That kid is going to be unstoppable.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #117
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

MLB G DT are top needs

2nd tier: RB WR #1 CB
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #118
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Then your LOVING in the past. Tater was a loser.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #119
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Then your LOVING in the past. Tater was a loser.
Maybe he's angling for a deal on a new cell phone
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #120
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Maybe he's angling for a deal on a new cell phone
Or a set of luggage.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:50 AM   #121
Bacchus

Quote:
I don't usually advocate using a first round pick on a RB but boy I wish we had stayed where we were and taken Martin. That kid is going to be unstoppable.
Hindsight is 20/20. He could have easily been Moreno 2.0
Old 11-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #122
Bacchus

Quote:
They should give Jeremiah Johnson a chance. I think he is more explosive than Hillman.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #123
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

I don't get the hate on Hillman. Not even 40 carries and people call him below average wtf.....

Hes the youngest player in the NFL, hes going to get better each game. He broke Marshall Faulk's college record and John Fox & even Faulk himself compared him to Faulk. So they obviously see some real all star potential in him.

You can already start to see flashes of his potential. Hes not slow, you can't reverse the field (like you seen him do on that run) unless you have speed and explosion he has both you will see this shine more when he gets more carries.

The kid is going shut people up before the end of the year though I am pretty confidant in that.

Last edited by KevinJames; 11-06-2012 at 06:15 AM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:35 AM   #124
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
I don't get the hate on Hillman. Not even 40 carries and people call him below average wtf.....

Hes the youngest player in the NFL, hes going to get better each game. He broke Marshall Faulk's college record and John Fox & even Faulk himself compared him to Faulk. So they obviously see some real all star potential in him.

You can already start to see flashes of his potential. Hes not slow, you can't reverse the field (like you seen him do on that run) unless you have speed and explosion he has both you will see this shine more when he gets more carries.

The kid is going shut people up before the end of the year though I am pretty confidant in that.
At this point in his career Hillman is below average, no hate.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #125
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
No way is JJ faster than Hillman. And it is way to early to say he is below average.
I think it's fair to say that today, at this stage, just going off the tape Hillman is below avg. Not that he won't get better, he will, but right now our options, inccluding Willis are below avg