The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2014, 01:18 PM   #1001
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
You're not comparing Wilson to Elway, are you?

Please tell me you aren't................
No but comparing Wilson to Tebow is laughable. Just pointing out that last sentence didn't prove anything in your argument.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:18 PM   #1002
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 6,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Well, that's just like, your opinion, man. Also, Carolina isn't exactly depleted of talent. Just say'n.
You couldn't name 2 WR's on the Panthers without searching google and you have no idea who any of their healthy RBs are.

Don't even try to post like you know - because all those players are garbage and no one knows.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #1003
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 6,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
No but comparing Wilson to Tebow is laughable.
So saying that Wilson has played as bad/worse than Tebow is laughable?

In what way? Is it not the truth?
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #1004
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,679

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Because he's not asked to throw the ball much
hmmm, yet Wilson still has 10 more TD passes than Newton since he's been in the league. This despite the fact he's 'not asked to throw the ball much' and not having a WR anywhere near Steve Smiff's ability.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #1005
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
So saying that Wilson has played as bad/worse than Tebow is laughable?

In what way? Is it not the truth?
Anyone with a pair of eyes knows Wilson is better than Tebow.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #1006
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 6,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

So BroncosfanGuy won't admit he had no idea what he was talking about in reference to Wilson knowing when to run and avoiding sacks - but now just going to try and act like Wilson is a better passer.

Wilson is not a better passer and struggles from the pocket - everyone knows that.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:22 PM   #1007
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 6,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Anyone with a pair of eyes knows Wilson is better than Tebow.
Anyone with 2nd grade level reading comprehension is wondering who said Tebow is better than Wilson.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:23 PM   #1008
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 6,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
hmmm, yet Wilson still has 10 more TD passes than Newton since he's been in the league. This despite the fact he's 'not asked to throw the ball much' and not having a WR anywhere near Steve Smiff's ability.
Because Wilson plays on of the best coaching staffs in the league and has a better overall offensive talent around him.

Look at how Kubiak and the Ravens are using Smith - and compare it to Carolina.

But you'd probably have no idea - because you just look at stats.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #1009
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,695

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
No but comparing Wilson to Tebow is laughable. Just pointing out that last sentence didn't prove anything in your argument.
Well let's see.

Here's some games from the past couple years.

14 for 28, 126 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT. Still had a chance to win vs Dal, LOSS.

9/18 for 103 yards in a PLAYOFF GAME. WON.

8/19, 142 yards, WIN.

12/23, 123 yards, WIN.

10/18, 139 yards, WIN.

11/27, 108 yards, LOSS.

Thats from last year, and one game this year.

Most overrated QB in football, if they struggle passing yall will just say he has no one to throw too.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #1010
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,679

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
So BroncosfanGuy won't admit he had no idea what he was talking about in reference to Wilson knowing when to run and avoiding sacks - but now just going to try and act like Wilson is a better passer.
I have posted a laundry list of metrics that shows Wilson is not only better, but much better at QB than Newton. So far action and 5820 (as opposed to 5280?) have posted emoticons. Please, show me where Newton is better. He's only better in volume-based metrics such as total yardage. And even then, that is struck down by the fact that Wilson has a higher average per attempt. Meaning all attempts being equal Wilson throws for more yardage.

There is no evidence outside of emoticons to support Newton being a better QB than Wilson.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #1011
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,679

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Look at how Kubiak and the Ravens are using Smith - and compare it to Carolina.
agreed, he has a better QB throwing him the ball now.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #1012
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,695

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Like i said, we'll see how good he is once he gets paid and they lose some key defensive players, Lynch leaves.

And he has to carry them a little more like Newton/Luck do now.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #1013
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,104

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
You couldn't name 2 WR's on the Panthers without searching google and you have no idea who any of their healthy RBs are.

Don't even try to post like you know - because all those players are garbage and no one knows.
Cam had Steve Smith for years and now that SS is on a team with a decent QB he's having a great year. Go figure.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #1014
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,695

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Steve Smith is good but he's hardly Megatron.

Wilson has a good OL, top 3 RB, pretty solid receivers, good TE's.

And an all-world defense.

I mean its not even compareable to look at the supporting casts.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:32 PM   #1015
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 6,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
I have posted a laundry list of metrics that shows Wilson is not only better, but much better at QB than Newton. So far action and 5820 (as opposed to 5280?) have posted emoticons. Please, show me where Newton is better. He's only better in volume-based metrics such as total yardage. And even then, that is struck down by the fact that Wilson has a higher average per attempt. Meaning all attempts being equal Wilson throws for more yardage.

There is no evidence outside of emoticons to support Newton being a better QB than Wilson.
And the fact that you haven't even acknowledged any of the variables that play into QBs earning those stats in which they have no control over - tells me you're nothing but an armchair poster.

There's a difference between a player have better stats, and a player that's actually better than another player. Any fan who follows sports knows this - and fans who just throw out metrics only to support an argument is just an amateur when it comes to understanding sports.

Are you also telling me that Foles is a better QB than Luck? Because you know - all the metrics last year tell me that he is.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:32 PM   #1016
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,104

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Steve Smith is good but he's hardly Megatron.

Wilson has a good OL, top 3 RB, pretty solid receivers, good TE's.

And an all-world defense.

I mean its not even compareable to look at the supporting casts.
How was Carolina's defense last year?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:33 PM   #1017
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 6,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Cam had Steve Smith for years and now that SS is on a team with a decent QB he's having a great year. Go figure.
You mean now he's on a team with a great coach and OC?

Are you telling me Smith didn't have any good years with Newton?
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:33 PM   #1018
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,695

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
How was Carolina's defense last year?
Good, i live in NC, it was smoke and mirrors.

Their secondary wasnt good.

Their Front 7 made their defense look better than it really is/was.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #1019
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,695

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Newton's rookie year with Smith- 79 catches, 1394 yards, 7 TD's.

Second year- 73 catches, 1174 yards, 4 TD's.

Yawn.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #1020
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,970
Default

Tebow status to me is both KC games of 2011
Wilson is never tebow status so not buying using anything about tebow to downgrade Wilson
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #1021
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,104

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
You mean now he's on a team with a great coach and OC?

Are you telling me Smith didn't have any good years with Newton?
I'm saying Cam Newton has had some talent to work with.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #1022
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,695

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Well let's see.

Here's some games from the past couple years.

14 for 28, 126 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT. Still had a chance to win vs Dal, LOSS.

9/18 for 103 yards in a PLAYOFF GAME. WON.

8/19, 142 yards, WIN.

12/23, 123 yards, WIN.

10/18, 139 yards, WIN.

11/27, 108 yards, LOSS.

Thats from last year, and one game this year.

Most overrated QB in football, if they struggle passing yall will just say he has no one to throw too.
Any of the Wilson cock blabbers wanna respond to this or just admit defeat now?
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:39 PM   #1023
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,679

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Newton's rookie year with Smith- 79 catches, 1394 yards, 7 TD's.

Second year- 73 catches, 1174 yards, 4 TD's.

Yawn.
you are making Wilson's case even stronger with this. Newton had the luxury of a bona fide #1 WR and an offence built completely around him yet Russell Wilson is outproducing him as a passer despite Doug Baldwin being his #1.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #1024
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,695

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
you are making Wilson's case even stronger with this. Newton had the luxury of a bona fide #1 WR and an offence built completely around him yet Russell Wilson is outproducing him as a passer despite Doug Baldwin being his #1.
Marshawn Lynch and an elite OL makes no different though?

Along with an all-world defense.

This sounds so much like the Brady/Manning weapons vs team debate.

Although one weapon makes up for that.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #1025
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 6,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
How was Carolina's defense last year?
You want to talk about last year? Look at the playoffs.

Wilson beat the Saints by completing 9 passes on 18 attempts for 106 yards. What does that tell you?

They both played the 49ers in the playoffs.

Newton passed for 52 more yards on the same amount of attempts.

Both threw a touchdown - Newton threw 2 ints...but what was the REAL difference?

Check that Seattle rushing game (While Newton led the Panthers in rushing against the 49ers).

Both are in 2 completely different situations (Wilson being in a much better one)...so to sit here and pull out only stats shows ones absolutely dumb ****ery.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Denver Broncos