The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #1001
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Tim Tebow is a better QB than Cam Newton.
that's not even funny to joke about.
Newton is world's better than Tebow as a QB.
not the greatest leader, Tebow has him there but that aspect will come with maturity and winning.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #1002
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I dunno. I guess I just like winning. Some people think being a quarterback is all about throwing a pretty ball, though.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #1003
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I dunno. I guess I just like winning. Some people think being a quarterback is all about throwing a pretty ball, though.
I want a guy that is good enough to beat out the guy he is fighting with for the starting job, not the other guys sucking so bad he becomes the QB by default.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #1004
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I want a guy that is good enough to beat out the guy he is fighting with for the starting job, not the other guys sucking so bad he becomes the QB by default.
That's quite the requirement. Not only did you exclude Tim Tebow with your stupid limitation, congratulations on that by the way, you also managed to throw out Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, etc. etc. etc.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #1005
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Well, no...but you have to make a good impression on the coaching staff for them to trust you to be the team's leader.....face it, he's not once beaten anyone out of a job in pre-season and the only way he takes over as starter is if the guy in front of him ****s the bed.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #1006
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well, no...but you have to make a good impression on the coaching staff for them to trust you to be the team's leader.....face it, he's not once beaten anyone out of a job in pre-season and the only way he takes over as starter is if the guy in front of him ****s the bed.....
How is this even a point? What kind of argument is this?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #1007
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
That's quite the requirement. Not only did you exclude Tim Tebow with your stupid limitation, congratulations on that by the way, you also managed to throw out Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, etc. etc. etc.
Well perhaps that's because Don Majkowski, Drew Bledsoe, and Trent Green got Wally Pipped by those aforementioned potential hall of fame QB's

They lost their jobs because they got injured and their replacements led their teams to greater heights.....
Old 11-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #1008
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Yeah man they didn't lose the starting job again, Tebow can't win the starting job vs Orton or Sanchez.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #1009
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Let me get this straight.

The coaching staff refuses to let Tebow start when Orton is clearly a bad QB. Eventually, Tebow starts. Tebow wins games. Tebow wins playoff game. Tebow's not starting earlier is an indictment against the coaching staff, no wait, per this argument it is an indictment against... Tebow? Makes perfect sense.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #1010
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
How is this even a point? What kind of argument is this?

He can't win the job by outplaying the other guy...he only gets it when the coach pulls the plug on the incumbent
Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #1011
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He can't win the job by outplaying the other guy...he only gets it when the coach pulls the plug on the incumbent
And when Tebow ends up taking a 1-4 team to the playoffs, this remains an indictment against Tebow? I'm sorry, but how do you not see how utterly, 100% ridiculous that thought process is?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #1012
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Let me get this straight.

The coaching staff refuses to let Tebow start when Orton is clearly a bad QB. Eventually, Tebow starts. Tebow wins games. Tebow wins playoff game. Tebow's not starting earlier is an indictment against the coaching staff, no wait, per this argument it is an indictment against... Tebow? Makes perfect sense.
So how come a talent such as he cannot unseat such journeymen like Orton and Sanchez in pre-season and practice? Sure if you want to say the Broncos were blind to his amazing QBing skills...but the Jets too? C'mon man....
Old 11-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #1013
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
And when Tebow ends up taking a 1-4 team to the playoffs, this remains an indictment against Tebow? I'm sorry, but how do you not see how utterly, 100% ridiculous that thought process is?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, until TT can get his completion percentage above just 50-55% he's not going to play. However, if he can do this then I think he could have some consistent success. It's on TT to get better at passing and he's had a lot of time to get better.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #1014
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So how come a talent such as he cannot unseat such journeymen like Orton and Sanchez in pre-season and practice? Sure if you want to say the Broncos were blind to his amazing QBing skills...but the Jets too? C'mon man....
I'm just gonna say it. You are a moron if you think Tebow's not beating Orton out of a job is an indictment against Tebow. It was an indictment against the coaching staff, period. It is a failure in talent assessment. Like, say, leaving Joe Mays as the starter for a few years. Does that resonate a little better for you? Or do you think Mays remaining a starter is an indictment against his backups? Fool. As for New York, you can't assume. The situation has yet to unfold beyond Sanchez, who was signed to a new contract, being shoehorned into the starting role.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #1015
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
A lot of other things happened besides the QB switch....dolphins blowing a 15 point 4th qtr lead and failed to cover an obvious onside kick....Bears losing Jay Cutler and their RB running out of bounds stopping the clock, and then later in OT fumbling the ball....Raiders losing in week 17 when a win would've put them in playoffs instead of us...defense stepping up....return to health of DJ and Elvis to name a few.

But again, the only reason he came off the bench was because the guy before him went 1-4....not because the coaching staff had an epiphany and saw all-world talent
Old 11-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #1016
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'm just gonna say it. You are a moron if you think Tebow's not beating Orton out of a job is an indictment against Tebow. It was an indictment against the coaching staff, period. It is a failure in talent assessment. Like, say, leaving Joe Mays as the starter for a few years. Does that resonate a little better for you? Or do you think Mays remaining a starter is an indictment against his backups? Fool. As for New York, you can't assume. The situation has yet to unfold beyond Sanchez, who was signed to a new contract, being shoehorned into the starting role.
The failure in talent assessment came in April of 2010 when McDaniels wasted a 1st round pick on a non throwing **** from UF

So to summarize your argument, the Broncos and Jets have suck ass coaching staffs who don't know a great QB when they see one

Last edited by errand; 11-05-2012 at 09:18 PM..
Old 11-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #1017
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The failure in talent assessment came in April of 2010 when McDaniels wasted a 1st round pick on a non throwing **** from UF
I'm sorry you have an aversion to playoff wins.

We should have stuck with Orton. Of course, with Orton the ship would have sank completely and Peyton Manning never would have dared come to this team. Ahh, what a quandary.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #1018
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

We should have stuck with Orton. Of course, with Orton the ship would have sank completely and Peyton Manning never would have dared come to this team. Ahh, what a quandary.
Nope, I have an aversion to morons who think Tebow was the sole reason we made playoffs last season.

Orton played himself out of a job....and I appreciate Tebow helping us win a playoff game just as much as I appreciated any back-up QB we've had that did ok like Gus and Gary and Norris...but the bottom line is they were back-ups for a reason
Old 11-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #1019
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Nope, I have an aversion to morons who think Tebow was the sole reason we made playoffs last season.

Orton played himself out of a job....and I appreciate Tebow helping us win a playoff game just as much as I appreciated any back-up QB we've had that did ok like Gus and Gary and Norris...but the bottom line is they were back-ups for a reason
What reason was there for Tebow being a backup behind Orton when the results of each is so heavily skewed toward the former? Could it be a failure of the coaching staff? I really want you to explain how Tebow's not starting is an indictment of him when, given the chance, he took (excuse me, "helped") a 1-4 squad to the playoffs. Would it not make infinitely more sense that, had Tebow failed, you would be correct with that assessment? How can you be correct in both worlds? By having your cake and eating it too? By using monstrously stupid logic? I don't know.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #1020
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

KO would be in year one of a new contract if this guy's dreams had come true.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #1021
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
The Jets just signed Dirty Sanchez to a way overpriced deal. I think it was in that article someone posted of the worst 10 contracts in the NFL. How smart can they be?
Old 11-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #1022
DENVERDUI55

at all the posters claiming that NFL GM's would take Tebow over Newton. Newton isn't even that good but he is better than Tebow.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #1023
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

This tebow shiat is pure crazy!! Loved last season, but thank god for PFM...Cam is better than tebow
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #1024
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
at all the posters claiming that NFL GM's would take Tebow over Newton. Newton isn't even that good but he is better than Tebow.
See, last year you would've been talking about how much of the real deal Cam was.

He's no more destined to greatness than TT. Likely less so when you look at their characters.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #1025
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
See, last year you would've been talking about how much of the real deal Cam was.

He's no more destined to greatness than TT. Likely less so when you look at their characters.
I have never been a CAM fan. That being said character will only get you so far it will ultimately come down to skill and Tebow's passing skills are one of te worst of all time.