The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #26
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 7,706
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Or Romeo for that matter.
Romeo isn't the greatest but the problem with that team is more talent than coaching. coaching is a big part of it but Pioli has whiffed like a mad man on his picks and so did the regime before him.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #27
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,409

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby
Default



How much money did they drop on him again?

Good thing they didn't re-sign Carr.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #28
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,662

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Romeo isn't the greatest but the problem with that team is more talent than coaching. coaching is a big part of it but Pioli has whiffed like a mad man on his picks and so did the regime before him.
Good coaches raise the level of play from their players, they mask their defiencies(sp?) and gameplan to their advantages.

Romeo has not done that in any phase of the game for kFc this year. They are turning the ball over on O and ST's and their D is not getting TO's. They are being beaten like a rug in the passing game and teams are running on them. There is no clear plan of attack that one could point out and then they get down and are forced to throw out what little they did prep for.

Romeo should not venture outside of DC again in his career. He is like a sucky version of Wade Phillips
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #29
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Routt's fate was sealed when he gave up late in the Chargers game. He had problems throughout the season, but I think that was what did him in. Inexcusable for any player to flat out give up on a string of plays because things aren't going well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #30
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Good coaches raise the level of play from their players, they mask their defiencies(sp?) and gameplan to their advantages.

Romeo has not done that in any phase of the game for kFc this year. They are turning the ball over on O and ST's and their D is not getting TO's. They are being beaten like a rug in the passing game and teams are running on them. There is no clear plan of attack that one could point out and then they get down and are forced to throw out what little they did prep for.

Romeo should not venture outside of DC again in his career. He is like a sucky version of Wade Phillips
you've been watching their games? you need a hobby.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #31
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 7,706
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Good coaches raise the level of play from their players, they mask their defiencies(sp?) and gameplan to their advantages.

Romeo has not done that in any phase of the game for kFc this year. They are turning the ball over on O and ST's and their D is not getting TO's. They are being beaten like a rug in the passing game and teams are running on them. There is no clear plan of attack that one could point out and then they get down and are forced to throw out what little they did prep for.

Romeo should not venture outside of DC again in his career. He is like a sucky version of Wade Phillips
outside of Charles and Bowe the Chiefs have **** else on O.
their D has some pieces to it but Derrick Johnson is the only big time guy who isn't named Eric Berry.
KC needs talent upgrades in all areas, they need a competent GM who can evaluate talent and develop it.

do i think Romeo is a good HC? hell no, but do i think a "good" coach will be able to go in there with the same talent and win? hell no.
you're going to have to get a perfect hard nosed X's & O's teacher to squeeze blood out of that stone.
for KC to improve they need a great coach. without the perfect hire, you can put just about any average or good coach in there and they won't win much.

i look at KC the same way i see us.
they have **** for talent and they need an overhaul. if they get a exec who will take over and own the team from the picks to the players to the coaches then they'll improve.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:01 AM   #32
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,013
Default

Considering how Porter's health is going, I'd bring in Routt just as insurance.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:06 AM   #33
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,013
Default

Am I missing something here? If you're going to cut a guy then why not trade him before the deadline last week?
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #34
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,823

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

He's Romo's fall guy
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #35
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,662

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
you've been watching their games? you need a hobby.
I enjoy watching kFc and Oakland get beat down.

Plus I usually practice guitar while the non-Bronco games are on.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #36
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,662

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Am I missing something here? If you're going to cut a guy then why not trade him before the deadline last week?
One more bad move by a bad team.

I still don't know why they didn't go after a guy like Koppen for C depth earlier in the season. Instead of finding a guy who can at the very least snap the ball consistently they bring in a bad G so they can keep a good G at C! What kind of sense does that make? They must be hoping that Lija will learn how to snap on the job. I would have found the best C sitting at home before I went and found Hockstein. If they had a guy of Hocksteins quality at C who could at least snap then they could move Lija back to a position he is good at.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #37
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Considering how Porter's health is going, I'd bring in Routt just as insurance.
Insurance? He would probably be great insurance to the other team getting a guaranteed first down due to pass interference.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #38
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,189

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Insurance? He would probably be great insurance to the other team getting a guaranteed first down due to pass interference.
Sometimes a player needs a change of scenery and a winning, confident environment like Denver may be it.
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #39
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,662

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Has anyone even made a move for Routt? I would have thought Belly would have been all over him ASAP.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #40
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Has anyone even made a move for Routt? I would have thought Belly would have been all over him ASAP.
Guessing his contract numbers are scaring folks away.

Now if he clears waivers he can be had without the 6 million a year.

While decent CB not worth those numbers.

He will play again but for a lot less and if in NE probably play for a long time. Just like loads of other players have done on the rebound.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #41
Raidersbane
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Raidersbane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Along the Chesapeake
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
The fail that is the Kansas City Chiefs never ceases to amaze me.




It never ceases to please me........
Raidersbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #42
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,662

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Guessing his contract numbers are scaring folks away.

Now if he clears waivers he can be had without the 6 million a year.

While decent CB not worth those numbers.

He will play again but for a lot less and if in NE probably play for a long time. Just like loads of other players have done on the rebound.
He has cleared yesterday. Yet no one has made a move we know about
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Denver Broncos