The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #26
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

While I agree on the Moore mistackle... he was getting held... I also swear to god that Rahim takes more crap then any other player...

(no I am not his mother)
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #27
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Cincy score a TD two plays later.

Our offense marches down the field, overcoming drops, a minimal run game, only for Newman to grab an interception and all the momentum is back to Cincy.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #28
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
This is the kinda crap that really annoys me.

On Cincy's next drive we blitz Trevathan and someone else, coverage is great and Dalton is forced out of the pocket and makes a throw to his WR.

Moore misses the tackles and Cincy's deep in our half. Maybe I'm being harsh but I expect a starting safety to make this tackle or at least push him out of bounds.
That play was a huge brainfart on Dumervil - the pass rush flushes Dalton out of the pocket, he rolls to his left which means it is going to be difficult for him to set his feet and throw (a right hander rolling left is at a disadvantage), Dumervil is in the short zone and he comes up to try to get Dalton, this leaves the flat zone completely open and Gresham (the TE) comes back to help Dalton wide open, Dalton makes the little flip and Gresham takes off, Moore is being blocked down field and in that situation he is trying to make sure he doesn't overplay and let Gresham into the field, but unfortunately he doesn't have enough power to disengage and force Gresham out of bounds.

All in all the play was well defended initially but then Dumervil leaves his zone which leaves the TE wide open on the route adjustment and Moore who makes the right call in keeping Gresham on the sideline then fails to disengage and make the tackle.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #29
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
While I agree on the Moore mistackle... he was getting held... I also swear to god that Rahim takes more crap then any other player...

(no I am not his mother)
Sorry, but I'm tough on talented players that have all the skills compared to a late round pick etc.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #30
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Ayers first snap in the 2nd half.

Cincy's 2nd drive after scoring their TD.

3rd and 7 on the 23.

Ayers again lined up at DT beside Doom.

In just under 2.5 seconds, again Doom/Ayers collapse the pocket around Dalton. Ayers is especially impressive here because he trucks through two OL. But Dalton completes a pro bowl pass. Great play by the DL, great pass by the QB.

Bolden was in coverage and he had it locked down but it was just a great pass. The mistake Bolden made was that he looked off his WR at the wrong time and it results in another 25 yards after the catch.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #31
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Ayers was off the field the next couple of plays.

But I gotta show you this: 3rd and 6, big time play because the Bengals are marching down the field with momentum.

The two horsemen of the apocalypse converge on Dalton in under two seconds and Von lowers the boom. The great thing about this play was that Doom was right there as well and if not for him Dalton would have scrambled out of the sack.

It may be a 60 min game but sometimes it comes down to just a few split seconds.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #32
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

A bunch of other stuff happens after the sack:

Cincy scores a FG, Manning throws a pick, Cincy get a short field and score, we come right back with DT/Decker and score.

The next time Ayers sees the field is on a 3rd and 15 play in Cincy's half (Cincy had been running the ball well at this point, kinda going hurry up so it wasn't easy to sub players in and out).

We go with the dreaded 3 man rush. God, I hate that and Dalton has time and throws a strike for a first down, except it's called back on a holding call.

No more 3 man rushes please!
Old 11-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #33
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

So now it's 3rd and 20.

Still with the three man rush. Von/Doom outside and Ayers inside.

Ayers again, gets a great burst off the snap.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #34
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Was Bannan the other DL guy with Wolfe to knock down a Dalton pass? I can't remember the last time that happened in a Broncos game.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #35
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

. . . . And in quick time fights through the inside (and being held) and lays into Dalton forcing him to throw the ball without a clean pocket right into the hands of Bailey!

Just a great speed/strength play from Ayers inside off a three man rush (did I say I hated the three man rush? )
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #36
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Was Bannan the other DL guy with Wolfe to knock down a Dalton pass? I can't remember the last time that happened in a Broncos game.
Yup it was Bannan.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #37
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Next Cincy drive and their desperate.

3rd and inches and Ayers sheds a blocker and along with Wolfe stops the RB cold, short of the first down marker (Cincy go for it the next play and convert).
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #38
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Wolfe blocks the next pass.

Wes/Doom snuff out a screen the next play and our pass rush again gets to Dalton on 3rd down forcing Cincy to a FG.

A really effective game by Ayers. I was surprised at the amount of quality snaps he logged and provided a real presence in the interior.

That's it for me.

Last edited by fontaine; 11-05-2012 at 03:48 PM..
Old 11-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #39
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

On Cincy's next drive we blitz Trevathan and someone else, coverage is great and Dalton is forced out of the pocket and makes a throw to his WR.

Moore misses the tackles and Cincy's deep in our half. Maybe I'm being harsh but I expect a starting safety to make this tackle or at least push him out of bounds.
Was that Moore's first missed tackle all year though? I remember someone throwing out a stat saying as much last week.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #40
Action

Quote:

So you are going to completely disregard that Dumervil left Gresham to chase Dalton behind the LOS?
Old 11-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #41
Action

Quote:
Sorry, but I'm tough on talented players that have all the skills compared to a late round pick etc.
Yeah, but you're going to completely ignore the fact that Moore made a great play on a blitz where all 5 rushers went towards the QB...

Moore sheds a block from an olineman and makes a tackle behind the LOS to blow up the screen.

Let's completely disregard this part of the play and highlight Robert Ayers, the ONLY player that had no/least amount of pressure on Dalton because he was getting blocked. And, the fact that it was a screen play, the pressure doesn't really mean much as a screen pass is more about the receiver getting free to catch the screen.

Last edited by Action; 11-05-2012 at 03:56 PM..
Old 11-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #42
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
Was that Moore's first missed tackle all year though? I remember someone throwing out a stat saying as much last week.
I believe he had another missed tackle in the Saints game. However, I don't know if you would count that as a missed tackle on Greshman, considering he was being blocked/held.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #43
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
So you are going to completely disregard that Dumervil left Gresham to chase Dalton behind the LOS?
Quote:
Yeah, but you're going to completely ignore the fact that Moore made a great play on a blitz where all 5 rushers went towards the QB...

Moore sheds a block from an olineman and makes a tackle behind the LOS to blow up the screen.

Let's completely disregard this part of the play and highlight Robert Ayers, the ONLY player that had no/least amount of pressure on Dalton because he was getting blocked. And, the fact that it was a screen play, the pressure doesn't really mean much as a screen pass is more about the receiver getting free to catch the screen.

1. I'm not a defensive coach.
2. This thread isn't about logging every missed play, assignment break down etc.
3. This thread is (mostly) about Ayers - hint - read the title.
4. I'm literally:
- rewatching/rewinding every defensive play,
- tracking Ayers' snaps,
- down and distance,
- where he lines up and
- trying to watch as much of the DL as I can,
- while tracking Ayers' burst off the snap and closing speed.
- and taking screenshots along with trying to post at the same time in under 2 hours.

So yeah, I don't even have the time to disregard who's supposed to do what in coverage.

At this time I'm very tempted to say something unpleasant, but I'm not going to waste any more of my time.

Bye.

Last edited by fontaine; 11-05-2012 at 03:59 PM..
Old 11-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #44
Action

Quote:
1. I'm not a defensive coach.
2. This thread isn't about logging every missed play, assignment break down etc.
3. This thread is (mostly) about Ayers - hint - read the title.
4. I'm literally:
- rewatching/rewinding every defensive play,
- tracking Ayers' snaps,
- down and distance,
- where he lines up and
- trying to watch as much of the DL as I can,
- while tracking Ayers' burst off the snap and closing speed.
- and taking screenshots along with trying to post at the same time in under 2 hours.

So yeah, I don't even have the time to disregard who's supposed to do what in coverage.
Considering that this whole post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontaine

Has nothing to do with Robert Ayers, it kind of suggests that you aren't just looking at Robert Ayers.

You saw Rahim Moore's missed tackle, yet you didn't see Dumervil break his coverage.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #45
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Considering that this whole post

Has nothing to do with Robert Ayers, it kind of suggests that you aren't just looking at Robert Ayers.

You saw Rahim Moore's missed tackle, yet you didn't see Dumervil break his coverage.
This thread is about Ayers. You are more then welcome to do this very thing for Moore if you would like. Way to piss on this thread you ****ing tool.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #46
Action

Quote:
This thread is about Ayers. You are more then welcome to do this very thing for Moore if you would like. Way to piss on this thread you ****ing tool.
This is what I saw when I read the thread title:

Robert Ayers vs Cincinnati (and other stuff)

And I see the OP talking about other players...so...

And I'm a tool for trying to get the right analytics of a play? What?
Old 11-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #47
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
This is what I saw when I read the thread title:

Robert Ayers vs Cincinnati (and other stuff)

And I see the OP talking about other players...so...

I guess other stuff means you better not mother ****ing say something ill about Moore.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #48
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

You see, if Action pulled this crap in real life he would probably get slapped upside the head and told to shut the **** up. That's the problem with the internet, no one can b**** slap Action right now.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #49
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

dupe
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #50
Action

Quote:
I guess other stuff means you better not mother ****ing say something ill about Moore.
Moore just happens to be at the center of the plays I'm discussing, it doesn't matter who it is.

This is how it is at the orangemane ---> people incorrectly diagnose a players actions based on how they perceive a player through their feelings.

Matter of fact, people incorrectly diagnose the WHOLE play based on their feelings of a certain player.

I don't care that it's Moore, it could have been Mike Adams, Leohnard, Bruton... it's about getting the play right and crediting who deserves to be credited, and faulting who is really at fault.

Accountability, that's all it really is.

Last edited by Action; 11-05-2012 at 04:23 PM..