The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #26
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Broncos or not, Von Miller will be the highest paid LB in the league. Broncos or not, Clady will most likely be paid as a top 3 LT in the league.

Because of the rookie salary cap, I think you can sign both, but it will be tough. Restructuring Champ's contract and Doom's contract will probably be something that will have to be considered.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #27
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

It's been awhile. Prater was the first to get tagged by the Broncos in the last 10 years and he only had it for a few months while they negotiated his extension this past summer.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #28
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

You have seen the kind of protection Manning has been getting while throwing the ball, right Last I heard, Clady was the only LT in the game that hadn't allowed a sack to this point in the season (I could be mistaken). No way you get rid of the guy protecting the most vital part of this team.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #29
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr007 View Post
You have seen the kind of protection Manning has been getting while throwing the ball, right Last I heard, Clady was the only LT in the game that hadn't allowed a sack to this point in the season (I could be mistaken). No way you get rid of the guy protecting the most vital part of this team.
Didn't get the memo? It's all about Manning getting rid of the ball quickly. Hell lets sign Foster for the vet minimum, that's all we need at LT.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #30
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Let's only have Von Miller on the roster in 2016. We'll just give him all the money.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #31
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Broncos or not, Von Miller will be the highest paid LB in the league. Broncos or not, Clady will most likely be paid as a top 3 LT in the league.

Because of the rookie salary cap, I think you can sign both, but it will be tough. Restructuring Champ's contract and Doom's contract will probably be something that will have to be considered.
How much longer do fans expect Champ to play. He is in his 14th season. He is signed for 2 more after this year. If he continues to play it won't be at his current cap number. Doom will get a restructured deal once his guaranteed mobey is paid out. DJ and his bad contract will be gone. Peyton's deal will be nearly over or him retired. Money will be just fine to keep our own.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #32
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
How much longer do fans expect Champ to play. He is in his 14th season. He is signed for 2 more after this year. If he continues to play it won't be at his current cap number. Doom will get a restructured deal once his guaranteed mobey is paid out. DJ and his bad contract will be gone. Peyton's deal will be nearly over or him retired. Money will be just fine to keep our own.
Barber is what 38 39? I expect Bailey to play at least that long.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #33
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

how old was darrel green when he retired?
Old 11-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #34
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
how old was darrel green when he retired?
Incredibly, 42.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #35
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoLifer View Post
Incredibly, 42.
Bailey said he wants to play that long as well.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #36
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Barber is what 38 39? I expect Bailey to play at least that long.
I'm not saying Champ will be done, but he won't be making 10+ million a season at that age.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #37
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

bump that. sign them both. we'll be far enough under the cap to keep the core together. plus Manning will likely be retired by the time the other guys force us to eat up a ton of cap.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #38
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I'm not saying Champ will be done, but he won't be making 10+ million a season at that age.
Charles Woodson is making about that. Woodson signed a 5 year 55 million dollar contract at the age of 33. Woodson still has 27 million with bonuses on his contract at the age 37/38. Barber just signed a one year 3 million dollar contract at the age of 37. The year before that Barber signed a one year 4 million dollar contract. So I think you are looking at between 5 to 10 mill a year for Bailey. Just my guess.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #39
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Bailey said he wants to play that long as well.
good. he is a once in a lifetime CB and he plays for the Broncos.
i want him in uniform for as long as possible.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #40
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Charles Woodson is making about that. Woodson signed a 5 year 55 million dollar contract at the age of 33. Woodson still has 27 million with bonuses on his contract at the age 37/38. Barber just signed a one year 3 million dollar contract at the age of 37. The year before that Barber signed a one year 4 million dollar contract. So I think you are looking at between 5 to 10 mill a year for Bailey. Just my guess.
Woodson's deal signed when he was 33 and Champ's signed at 32. There is a big difference between 32 and getting 10+ million a year and 36-38 getting that deal. Barber's deal is what to look at when Champ's current deal is up. 3-6 million a year is what can be expected for Champ or right around half his current yearly salary
Old 11-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #41
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
How long did Daryl Green play? I am hoping Champ plays longer!

He can easily play CB another 2-3 years then worry about moving him to FS.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #42
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborugger View Post
At what point did Clady and Miller become mutually exclusive?
About 12 years ago in Retardland where the OP was born.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #43
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
How long did Daryl Green play? I am hoping Champ plays longer!

He can easily play CB another 2-3 years then worry about moving him to FS.
Not all guys can go until 42. Green was an anomaly as it is incredibly rare for a guy to play that long. I love Champ, but I think it is unrealistic to expect a player to last into his 40s. If Champ played that p***Y Deion Sandera style where he didn't tackle I'd have more hope of Champ playing that long, but Champ tackles like a LB and covers like Deion. Constant poundings from tackling can shorten the length of time he has near the end of a career.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #44
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Not all guys can go until 42. Green was an anomaly as it is incredibly rare for a guy to play that long. I love Champ, but I think it is unrealistic to expect a player to last into his 40s. If Champ played that p***Y Deion Sandera style where he didn't tackle I'd have more hope of Champ playing that long, but Champ tackles like a LB and covers like Deion. Constant poundings from tackling can shorten the length of time he has near the end of a career.
What you say is true but if anyone can do it it's Champ.

Did you watch his play yesterday? Sure Green got the best of him a few times be he is a top 3 receiver, he gets the best of every corner at times. Some more than others and Champ held him in check pretty good.

Last edited by baja; 11-05-2012 at 10:17 PM..
Old 11-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #45
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Champ seems to me the type that will take a team friendly deal to finish his career in Denver, I think that if he wants to play beyond 2014 we'll be able to work something reasonable out, especially if Manning is still here and has us contending.

As for Miller and Clady, both will be getting long term deals.

When his time to negotiate comes Von will (barring injury) be one of the best players in the NFL. He already is. He's young, versatile, elite and high character. Those players don't become free agents. He'll likely get a deal that will be the biggest a linebacker has ever gotten in the NFL, and he'll be worth every penny.

Clady's not going anywhere either. We've got Peyton Manning for what is likely a 2-4 year window. The goal for every one of those years is going to be winning the Superbowl, and if we're going to succeed it's going to be largely due to our HOF quarterback.

The idea that we'd let one of the best offensive tackles in the game walk away at this point is laughable, if it happens I'll finally buy into the idea that Bowlen is broke because from a footballing perspective it'd be about the stupidest thing we could do. After Manning and Von he's our next most important player IMO, he absolutely has to be signed long term.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote