The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 01:47 AM   #601
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
After looking at my prediction, I'm going to revise it. I think the Chargers probably can poop out 7-9 maybe 8-8. I think the Chiefs finish 3-13. And the Raiders take second place in the division at 8-8. Allen has reduced their penalties and they aren't playing defense from 1960 anymore.

Broncos I will stick to 10-6. I figure we drop at least one game we should win but close out strong.
I'm in the same boat. On paper, the Chiefs are a fairly talented team. They're just so badly lacking in the two most important positions -- head coach and quarterback -- that it is infecting everything else. I've watched a number of their games lately and it's atrocious; like a portal to 1980s-style football. Dan Reeves' reincarnate with a gutless QB is a recipe for disaster. Charles is a very, very talented running-back, but he isn't a god. Teams are stacking that box like the Chiefs run game owes them money.

They might be one of the worst overall teams in NFL history right now.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #602
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
The raiders are walking away with the division and would have done so last year if they were healthy last season. With a healthy DMC and C Palmer their isn't a team in the AFc West stopping them. ( what has DMc averaged against the Broncos )

The Raiders without a doubt have the best offense in the division(should be a top five offense) . They have so many explosive weapons on offense. Three Rbs that can score from anywhere whether it a pass or run( DMC, M Goodson and taiwan jones) , the best Wr corp(not single wr but as group) D Moore, Jacoby Ford , DHB and Now Juron Criner blows away what anyone else has in the division. a Fb Marcel reece no one in divison can match. Eeven at Te ( this TE friendly offense) Ausberry 6'4 265 sub 4.5 and D gordon 6'4 265 4.63 are freak athletes. The Raiders at worst have the second best oline and case could be made that it might be the best.
holy ****
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #603
uplink
Ring of Famer

Looks like its a two horse race now for the AFC West, Denver and San Diego. If both teams win next week and then if the chargers beat Denver in two weeks, I believe San Diego would lead the division based on tie breakers for the best record against the AFC. Also they would have won 4 division games vs. only two by the broncos. So the chargers are still a threat.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #604
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
Looks like its a two horse race now for the AFC West, Denver and San Diego. If both teams win next week and then if the chargers beat Denver in two weeks, I believe San Diego would lead the division based on tie breakers for the best record against the AFC. Also they would have won 4 division games vs. only two by the broncos. So the chargers are still a threat.
that's a big IF ,considering how well the bucs are playing.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #605
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

The race if already over. Losing the Denver game a few weeks ago buried this team. Seeya division title and seeya Norv.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #606
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Moeaki doesn't have a QB you stupid ****ing moron.
Jesus you are dumb as ****.

Btw-I see Charles will get past the 700 yard mark. But I thought he was gonna be teh suck because of his knee?

Where is Gaylore's comments about how Justin Houston sucks? Awesome!
1 - 7
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #607
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
The race if already over. Losing the Denver game a few weeks ago buried this team. Seeya division title and seeya Norv.
You're only one game back, but I do prefer our final stretch to yours.

You still have to play at New York, at Pittsburgh and come here. You also get the Ravens, Bengals and Panthers at home. Honestly if you guys only won 2 or 3 of those, I wouldn't be totally shocked.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #608
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The Kansas City Chiefs
Last season: 7-9

Veteran Additions: QB Brady Quinn, RB Peyton Hillis, TE Kevin Boss, OT Eric Winston, DE/DT Ropati Pitoitua, CB Stanford Routt, HC Romeo Crennel (promoted).

Offseason Losses: QB Kyle Orton, RB Jackie Battle, FB Le'Ron McClain, TE Leonard Pope, OT Barry Richardson, C Casey Wiegmann, DE Wallace Gilberry, NT Kelly Gregg, CB Brandon Carr, S Jon McGraw, HC Todd Haley.

Draft Picks:

Round 1: Dontari Poe DT Memphis
Round 2: Jeff Allen OT Illinois
Round 3: Donald Stephenson OT Oklahoma
Round 4: Devon Wylie WR Fresno St.
Round 5: DeQuan Menzie CB Alabama
Round 6: Cyrus Gray RB Texas A&M
Round 7: Jerom Long DT San Diego St
Round 7: Junior Hemingway WR Michigan

Schedule:
Sept. 9 Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m.
Sept. 16 at Buffalo Bills 1 p.m.
Sept. 23 at New Orleans Saints 1 p.m.
Sept. 30 San Diego Chargers 1 p.m.
Oct. 7 Baltimore Ravens 1 p.m.
Oct. 14 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 p.m.
Oct. 21 BYE
Oct. 28 Oakland Raiders 4:05 p.m.
Nov. 1 at San Diego Chargers (Thurs.) 8:20 p.m.
Nov. 12 at Pittsburgh Steelers (Mon.) 8:30 p.m.
Nov. 18 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m.
Nov. 25 Denver Broncos 1 p.m.
Dec. 2 Carolina Panthers 1 p.m.
Dec. 9 at Cleveland Browns 1 p.m.
Dec. 16 at Oakland Raiders 4:15 p.m.
Dec. 23 Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m.
Dec. 30 at Denver Broncos 4:15 p.m.

Analysis: The Chiefs started the season with some terrible luck with season ending injuries to their star running back Jamaal Charles, safety Eric Berry and their emerging tight end Tony Moeaki. Despite this, they still managed to 15th in rushing and 11th in total defense. With all three returning this season, itís reasonable to assume they will continue improve on that this season. They have a solid special teams unit with the 8th best punt return average in the NFL and opponents had the fourth fewest kickoff return yards against them. I was a big fan of the way they threw a bunch of picks at offensive line. As an outsider, I would like to see the Chiefs go back to having arguably the best offensive line in the NFL the way they were in the early 2000. They also drafted Cyrus Gray, a big bruising back am sad to say I was a big fan of, and could be a perfect complement to Charles. Currently Bowe is holding out and it is looking likely he is willing to pull a Vincent Jackson and sit out the first ten games of the season. Steve Breston is a more than Solid number two but not a true number one and will not be able to fill that role. Jonathan Baldwin had a disappointing rookie year and hopes to improve going forward. It was pointed out to me that Baldwin was ranked 95th worst in drops last season. That doesnít bode well for his transition.
The Chiefs were 24th in passing offense and were third in fewest passing touchdowns thrown last year. This of course is because of their biggest weakness, Matt Cassel. Cassel is woefully average, and while it could be worse, it will not be much better. Romeo Crenel took over and was able to get them a couple of late wins, but his career .350 winning percentage is essentially terrible.

Prediction 9-7: The Chiefs are the sexy pick to win the division. Technically, with the schedule the AFC West has this year, 9-7 could win it. I donít believe they will, though. If the Chiefs get back to a ground game that is strong, they will be able to protect Cassel and lean on their defense. They have a team that could beat anyone if a few things go well. I correctly picked them to beat the Packers last year. This year I think losing Wiegman and getting two rookie tackles (wherever they play) means some transition on the offensive line. Unfortunately their schedule is absolutely brutal, and will require better QB play than they are capable of mustering. Against teams like the Saints, Ravens and Steelers, Cassel just does not have the ability to fire back if they get in a shoot-out. They also were tied for third fewest sacks in the NFL last year. Hali is basically a one man show, without any help it is less likely they get the stops they need to in critical situations. The deal-breaker for me is Crennel, who I consider another Wade Phillips in that they are both excellent coordinators and horrible head coaches. I expect their defense and running game to keep a lot of games close, but at the end of the season I think theyíll come up a bit short.
@ 9-7

****ing loser
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #609
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I think they were hidden far more than Bronco fans realize, simply because they ran the ball far more. I think Orlando Franklin is not a good pass blocking RT. Clady hasn't been the same since his injury and Walton is average at best. I like Kuper though. He's a great player.

And I really don't understand why people think Routt is the worst CB ever. He struggled with penalties and TD's covering #1 receivers. Carr covered #2 WR's. Of course he looked awesome. Big difference covering elite WR's to covering #2 guys. Now that Routt is back to covering #2 CB's (which he had great success in in 2010), I don't think it's going to be a monumental difference, especially with Berry playing right behind him.

I disagree with that Denver will win the division by 3 games. I think it will be closer. 1 or 2 games kinda close.
I think there's a good chance Denver could be 4-4 at the midpoint just because of the adjustments and tough schedule.
The first 8 teams are a combined 85-45 from last year and only one of those teams (Raiders) looks like they will take a big step back from last season.

The fact that a lot of Bronco fans are saying one player is the breaking point is silly. This is a team sport. Don't believe me? Look at how the Colts have fared in the playoffs in their history with Manning. You would think with him alone they'd have 3 or 4 SB's, but their team as a whole wasn't strong enough until 2006.
What say you about Routt now
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #610
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Failure an Option for this team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Looking at kFc's schedule they could easily go 1-15 this year.

Romeo giving up the DC role is not going to help anything other than give him more time to "groom" the QB's!

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #611
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Denver isnt losing again.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #612
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
So I guess you are 'not worried' for the rest of the season
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #613
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Failure an Option for this team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
The Balt game could be close and there is always a trap game to worry about but on on paper if we are healthy they should run the table.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #614
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

I thought the Bengals were a trap game for awhile...a little nervous on that one!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #615
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Denver will lose 2 more games. If so, they better be in the next two months.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #616
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
@ 9-7

****ing loser
Mathematically, it's STILL possible. Of course, this is likely the last week that can be accurately stated...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #617
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
You do know Al saunders was OC in name only, as Hue Jackson called the plays. He will be doing the same thing for the Raiders just won't have the bogus OC title.

Okay I was ready to give you a long post where your wrong on the oline. I wrote it and saw you said you agree it will be a bright spot.

ONly thing that could have derailed the offense would be the oline. IF you think it will be good than I really don't know where your going.(every great offense starts upfront on the oline) That oline is good there is no way this offense not top five. Raiders have just too much explosive weapons on offense.

All three of the Raiders Rb's are perfect fits for this zone blocking scheme. Only thing that every stopped DMc in this scheme was turf toe. That hasn't been a problem since he wears those special shoes. Raiders are going to run the football a lot. (do you disagree there) Should be right there near the top as the top rushing team in 2012.

Can all three of the RB catch the football. Mike Goodson they say is even a Better receiver than DMC. Raiders are going to use DMC and M Goodson as WR moving one of them outside to get favorable mismatches. Do you not understand those are safe passes that have a chance to go a long way.

Now throw in Marcel Reece tell me when has Greg Knapp ever had a weapon like him at FB. (Justin Griffith - no way) He another mismatch defense have to account for.

NOw You have a very good running game+ Passes to the TE and Rbs = What does that do to the defense. They start to creep up to defend that. When that happens . That's when you will see the Raiders going deep to their Wr's .

What your having a hard time understanding is not every Wco offense is the same. You have to play to your strengths/ personnel . Yes Raiders offense will be similar to Texans but they will be doing things the Texans don't do(can't)

The other Wr Raiders/ Mckenzie brought in aren't WCO offense type of Wr's. (Juron Criner, Rod Streatew and Derek carrier) .

The Raiders are going as far as their offense takes them. They are top five offense they will be a playoff team despite what the defense does.(See Saints, Patriots and Packers)
No one expects the defense to be top ten. They don't have to. That defense just becomes average, and this team going pretty far in the playoffs.
Has anyone ever been owned as bad as this guy was in this thread? I'm sure Sheepstud or Bob has been close but this guy was downright terrible.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #618
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Has anyone ever been owned as bad as this guy was in this thread? I'm sure Sheepstud or Bob has been close but this guy was downright terrible.
i don't know, he could be any fan for any team any year. That's what many fans do, subjective rationalization.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #619
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
I saw his name in that quote and didn't realize it was an old quote.

I was hoping he would have come back with his tail between his legs. I guess not.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #620
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
i don't know, he could be any fan for any team any year. That's what many fans do, subjective rationalization.
Most fans, even homers, are relative realists. I can think a person can envision a 9-7 team going 12-4 or a 4-12 team going 8-8... but...

The difference between this Raider fan and reality is the difference between east and west. He predicted a five offense and defended it into the ground. In reality, the Raider offense finished 26th out of 32 teams.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:40 AM   #621
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
This entire board when they said Joe Flacco sucked and then he owned you...then won a SB.
KCStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:20 AM   #622
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
This entire board when they said Joe Flacco sucked and then he owned you...then won a SB.
Smack by proxy.

Welcome to KCStud's world.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #623
swaiy

Quote:
Or like when the Ravens b****slapped the Kansas City Trans Am Drivers outta the first round.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #624
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Yeah he sure owned Denver. His team won turnover battle by large margin, he got a pick 6, missed FGs and a blown coverage that even he said you have to get lucky on. Is this the same Flacco that KCPUD said Brodie Croyle is better than?
Old 06-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #625
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yeah he sure owned Denver. His team won turnover battle by large margin, he got a pick 6, missed FGs and a blown coverage that even he said you have to get lucky on. Is this the same Flacco that KCPUD said Brodie Croyle is better than?
Up until the Hail Mary, Flacco had two deep balls with one a great adjustment by Smith for 219 yards. Rice had under 100 yards up until that point. Not a bad defensive performance overall with a great 4th down stand at 3:00 minutes. Add in the fact a week later it was 50 degrees and sunny in Denver. Just an odd week for sure but a great game I will never forget. Been lucky to be at the home playoff games since 1996 . Really some of the best playoff football games evah

Champ's 99 yard INT, Tebow to DT for 80, the Prayer in Thin Air, the Jax games, revenge tour 1997
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote