The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 07:21 AM   #26
v2micca
Ring of Famer

The one complaint I will make about Decker is that he needs to learn to read his blocks better. There was that big catch and run he had right around the 13 minute mark of the 4th quarter. I swear Stokley has his man stood up and Decker still some how manages to run right into them.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #27
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I don't know how anyone could say Decker doesn't play "up to his size." He powered a run into the end zone yesterday, and don't forget the San Diego game where he shoved through three defenders the last few yards to paydirt.

These guys have kind of been stunted so far in Denver, and they are both growing into their roles. It's also so nice to have Stokley to help take the pressure off them and teach them how to be professionals.
Pushing people into the end zone isn't usually what's thought of when talking about WRs taking advantage of their size. Its about using your height advantage against typically shorter dbs to go up and make a play that wouldn't otherwise be made. I never said Eric couldn't do better. All I said was up until recently this was probably the biggest weakness in his game (For a guy with good height and decent hops)
Old 11-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #28
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
The one complaint I will make about Decker is that he needs to learn to read his blocks better. There was that big catch and run he had right around the 13 minute mark of the 4th quarter. I swear Stokley has his man stood up and Decker still some how manages to run right into them.
He didn't just run into them, he laid Stokely out. It looked like an Atwater hit.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #29
Anikai
PUP List

Champ Bailey's Beard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I was in the kitchen and thought I heard what sounded like Pro Wrestling coming out of the living room, to my dissapointment it was just Sapp & Irvin arguing about Sanchez on NFL network
Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #30
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Decker has his strengths. But his instincts when he leaves his feet aren't one of them. He whiffed on another one Sunday that I'm pretty sure DT (or any top-notch jump ball WR) would've made at least a decent play on.

I think Decker's made some decent grabs, but I can't recall a single one where he really went up and used his size to any effect.
You were one of the ones ragging on Rod Smith in his first few years weren't ya.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #31
Elway 4 Life
Pass rushers apply here!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
He didn't just run into them, he laid Stokely out. It looked like an Atwater hit.
Lol. Thought the same thing.
Elway 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #32
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anikai View Post
I was in the kitchen and thought I heard what sounded like Pro Wrestling coming out of the living room, to my dissapointment it was just Sapp & Irvin arguing about Sanchez on NFL network
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #33
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
You were one of the ones ragging on Rod Smith in his first few years weren't ya.
Was Rod Smith a big receiver who dominated db's when he went up for a ball?
Old 11-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #34
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Decker has his strengths. But his instincts when he leaves his feet aren't one of them. He whiffed on another one Sunday that I'm pretty sure DT (or any top-notch jump ball WR) would've made at least a decent play on.

I think Decker's made some decent grabs, but I can't recall a single one where he really went up and used his size to any effect.

Exactly
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #35
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Stokely was pushed into Decker
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #36
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Yeah, we were laughing about that when he steamrolled them.

He could've just went to the outside and picked up at least 10 more yards.

Decker had a whiff on a TD catch in last week's game.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote