The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #51
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Kuper getting his leg bent back like that twice has nothing to do with brittle bones. It's bad luck. Find me someone who's legs get pinned and bent back by a 300 pound defensive lineman and he'll magically catch your genetically weak bone disease too.

He broke a forearm in camp. What does a forearm have to do with weighing too much?
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #52
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
No! I think he gets similar injuries and I wonder why.

I also think you are a wing nut.

Do you know what a wing nut is?
Yes, yes, you think I'm crazy or whatever. Yet you're the one suggesting someone has weak bones because he's had some recent injury issues while playing offensive lineman in the NFL. Yes clearly I'm the "wing nut".
Old 11-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #53
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Yes, yes, you think I'm crazy or whatever. Yet you're the one suggesting someone has weak bones because he's had some recent injury issues while playing offensive lineman in the NFL. Yes clearly I'm the "wing nut".
Hamilton is a great player who could not stay on the field lets hope kupe does not follow that career path.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #54
Bacchus

Clady should be a doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Clady on Kuper's injury
This time, left tackle Ryan Clady, ever the optimist, detected some hope — as only an offensive lineman can spot it.
"He was frustrated, but the ankle was straight," Clady said. "It wasn't bent or anything."
Old 11-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #55
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

A bit off topic, but didnt feel like it warranted its own thread. Re-watching it now into the 3rd qrtr, Beadles was beaten like a drum most game long. Atkins must be pure beast, cuz he just pushes Zane where he wants. On a lead block the LB swats him away like nothing too. I will give him a mulligan this game, since we won, and he's had pretty good year so far..
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #56
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

weak bones??! WTF? frankly I am impressed the man can walk without help much less play football. He has a sprain this year, he will get back out there, but weak? no the man nor his bones are weak. Geezus. Though I suppose that hypothesis aggravates me less that the one posited in the game thread about his busted Vag...seriously, sometimes people in here can be total ****wads.

Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #57
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Jeez, Miss I. -- warn a brother before posting a picture like that.

Get well soon, Kupes. We need you for our Super Bowl run.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #58
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Get well Kupes!!! We need you back, but take your time.

This just goes to show that after a MLB into draft next year, we need to seriously look at interior lineman and tackles just for backup purposes.

Ramirez is decent, but got rag dolled by Watt when we played Houston. Hopefully we can address the depth a little more in next years draft.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #59
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

HA well I bet every player who was on the field today that was on the field last year saw Kuper and were like, "Oh hell know, I ain't looking again."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #60
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
weak bones??! WTF? frankly I am impressed the man can walk without help much less play football. He has a sprain this year, he will get back out there, but weak? no the man nor his bones are weak. Geezus. Though I suppose that hypothesis aggravates me less that the one posited in the game thread about his busted Vag...seriously, sometimes people in here can be total ****wads.

Clearly this was Photoshopped..............................

That is what I keep telling myself everytime I see it. Because something that nasty can't be real.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #61
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

We haven't had many injuries this year. Just a couple of fluke ones. The new training staff is doing a great job keeping these guys healthy and in shape IMO.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #62
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
We haven't had many injuries this year. Just a couple of fluke ones. The new training staff is doing a great job keeping these guys healthy and in shape IMO.
We can't afford injuries either...
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:47 AM   #63
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
We can't afford injuries either...
True, but look at the difference from previous years. Players were always hampered by injuries (especially hamstrings), and the team used to get weaker as the season progressed. This year seems different than past years.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #64
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Beginning to suspect Kuper has foundation problems. Too big and strong for his skeletal structure.
Do you really think that John would have given him a huge contract last year if this was true. Or that a doctor would not have checked that out?

That post was way out of your normal posting.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #65
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The uproar i would have in my inbox if i said Kupers body not right and cant support his weight lol! Kuper just unlucky with the injury bug right now. Still though it happens enough and it can really just ruin a player. Baja any other players that you can tell by looking at shouldnt be out there BWAAAAA!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:24 AM   #66
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Do you really think that John would have given him a huge contract last year if this was true. Or that a doctor would not have checked that out?

That post was way out of your normal posting.
I'm sorry but we had a doctor check you out. Turns out your skeleton is a size xxl but your flesh in a size xxxl. Were afraid you either did too much HGH, not enough HGH, or started or stopped at the wrong age.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:54 AM   #67
ol#7

Didn't Dennis Smith break his collarbone in back to back seasons? For the rest of his career he hardly missed a game. Sometimes you just have bad luck with injuries, freaky things happen. High Ankle sprains are a biatch though.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:18 AM   #68
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Hamilton is a great player who could not stay on the field lets hope kupe does not follow that career path.
Hamilton's problem where repeat concussions, not skeletal injuries.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #69
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

[QUOTE=Miss I.;3717355]weak bones??! WTF? frankly I am impressed the man can walk without help much less play football. He has a sprain this year, he will get back out there, but weak? no the man nor his bones are weak. Geezus. Though I suppose that hypothesis aggravates me less that the one posited in the game thread about his busted Vag...seriously, sometimes people in here can be total ****wads.

That's right God created every body equal. yep ever single one of us has the very same bone density and strength. Good call super fan.

I have never broken a bone in my life (except possibly a finger ) yet I have friends that can break an arm picking their nose.

We are all different. That is why this phrase evolved, " That player is made of glass" some people are susceptible to certain types of injuries. With some it's broken bones others it's hamstrings others it's sprains. ETC.

In Kupe's case I sincerely hope it is just a case of bad luck. Certainly that horrific break last year was not a genetic thing.

You know Miss I one can make an observation without being a negative fan or "total ****wads".
Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #70
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
The uproar i would have in my inbox if i said Kupers body not right and cant support his weight lol! Kuper just unlucky with the injury bug right now. Still though it happens enough and it can really just ruin a player. Baja any other players that you can tell by looking at shouldnt be out there BWAAAAA!

Oh I see you are not allowed any speculation or "I wonder if''s" around here. My bad, thanks for clearing that up for me Cut.

I did not say that was the case with Kupe I speculated in light of several injuries if he might be injury prone. God help me what have I done.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #71
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Hamilton's problem where repeat concussions, not skeletal injuries.
I thought is was chronic back issues. Maybe it's Harris I am thinking of.

At any rate I meant him as an example that there some players are prone to certain types or injuries
Old 11-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #72
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Oh and for the record (and for Kupe's dad) he is one of my favorite players ever and wish him a long and successful career.

Get well soon Kupe and I do hope my wonderings are completely wrong.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #73
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
I don't know man,

Quinton Carter
Ty Warren
Joe Mays
JD Walton

- all starters to IR

Then there's Blake/Beal as reserves, plus Kuper getting injured twice.

PLUS a freak illness to Porter now as well.

That's 4 starters to IR, another two missing significant time.

Last edited by fontaine; 11-05-2012 at 07:07 AM..
Old 11-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #74
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
I thought is was chronic back issues. Maybe it's Harris I am thinking of.

At any rate I meant him as an example that there some players are prone to certain types or injuries
Yeah that was Harris.

I know what you meant baja, and I sort of share your concerns a bit. Not that I think he's got a genetic weakness in his bones, but having pins/screws in your ankle from his break last year can't exactly be a good thing when you're taking on 330lb defenders.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #75
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

[B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Kuper getting his leg bent back like that twice has nothing to do with brittle bones. It's bad luck. Find me someone who's legs get pinned and bent back by a 300 pound defensive lineman and he'll magically catch your genetically weak bone disease too.

He broke a forearm in camp. What does a forearm have to do with weighing too much?
point taken

I knew I'd be in trouble with you when I mused Kupe might have weak bones.