The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Champ VS Green
Champ Struggles Green gets more than 8 receptions. 2 4.35%
Champ holds his own limiting Green to 5-7 receptions 16 34.78%
Champ dominates the young player holding him under 5 receptions. 22 47.83%
Who cares as long as Denver wins. 6 13.04%
Mock answer STFU Dimwitt 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #26
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great13 View Post
Unless you're replacing him with someone who might have a monster game... I think you should keep him in. He's too talented to not put up decent numbers. 60- 80 yds maybe a TD. Champ is not going to totally shut him out, because he's a more explosive version of Brandon Lloyd.. he'll make his catches even when covered well.
I don't think I'd ever start a receiver who was playing against Champ. I've seen Champ take too many great receivers out of games. If Champ covers Green all day, I really don't expect the guy to have more than 4 or 5 receptions and no TD's.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #27
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'd say it's more accurate to say it's all on Andy Dalton's shoulders. The kid is going to be hard-pressed to keep up with Peyton Manning.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #28
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great13 View Post
Unless you're replacing him with someone who might have a monster game... I think you should keep him in. He's too talented to not put up decent numbers. 60- 80 yds maybe a TD. Champ is not going to totally shut him out, because he's a more explosive version of Brandon Lloyd.. he'll make his catches even when covered well.
I think Champ will basically shut him down. 4 reception 38 yards.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #29
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Champ holds green under 5 receptions, but I think that's partly because Dalton stares down his receivers and Marvin Lewis is horrible coming off a bye.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #30
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

I think Champ will shut green out. He might have 5-6 catches for 60-70 yds.

I believe Champ has had an int every career game he has played in against the Bengals. Carson Palmer picks.... but anyway he's long overdue for one!

Assuming he covers green all game long no matter where he lines up, and with Daltons tendency to force the ball to him(10 picks this year), I feel Champ may have a legit shot at multi pick game. Anyone else on board with this?
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #31
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Champ holds green under 5 receptions, but I think that's partly because Dalton stares down his receivers and Marvin Lewis is horrible coming off a bye.
Wow Marvin still there! I suspect this is his last year ther maybe he can go to CLE. Might even be able to commute..
Old 11-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #32
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
I think Champ will shut green out. He might have 5-6 catches for 60-70 yds.

I believe Champ has had an int every career game he has played in against the Bengals. Carson Palmer picks.... but anyway he's long overdue for one!

Assuming he covers green all game long no matter where he lines up, and with Daltons tendency to force the ball to him(10 picks this year), I feel Champ may have a legit shot at multi pick game. Anyone else on board with this?
Ah shut out means to most folks Zero anything. Sounds like you meant to say hold him to 5-6 catches.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:57 AM   #33
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

I think Champ will stay on his side and will cover AJ when he lines up over him... When AJ is on the other side we will use Harris and Moore in two man. I like this because Dalton will have to either throw into double coverage or throw against Champ. The biggest key will be containing Gresham, hopefully we get more Trevathan in coverage!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:07 AM   #34
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

AJ Green is a stud, you leave Champ on an island with Green, Green will get past him. That is why I like the 2 man against Green and using our 2nd corner with a safety over top. Harris or Carter can cut off the short routes and not have to worry so much about the deep ball. The only way they can make us come out of two man is running the ball effectively. If they run the ball right at Doom effectively then Moore will have to come up. Champ against the Bengals 2nd receiver takes Hawkins away completely. Anyhow, if Dalton is having to throw the ball into DC to get the ball to Green... I like our chances!

Remember, Champ played on an island last year against Megatron... Didn't work out to well including a long TD on Champ. AJ is a similar style player that can really high point a ball.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:31 AM   #35
OrangeSe7en

It depends on where they try to get Green the ball. If it's downfield, then our pass rush is in play. One of the reasons Carter and Harris have been so important in recent weeks is because they've been good at competing against the short-intermediate stuff that teams tend to throw when avoiding a pass rush.

The other factor, of course, is the offense scoring points. The eastern time zone thing is a real concern. I'm a little worried that the offense will be somewhat out of sync and Cincy will be able to play their game. I worry that a lot of failed third down conversions by our offense, early in the game, will give Cincy a chance to get their offense going and then the team will, once again, try to rally from behind.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #36
CEH
Ring of Famer

I gotta say Green won the CHamp v Green matchup but that's not a slight on Champ. I think Green is a top 3 WR right there with Megatron and Fitz

He's a young stud only getting better
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #37
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I don't think I'd ever start a receiver who was playing against Champ. I've seen Champ take too many great receivers out of games. If Champ covers Green all day, I really don't expect the guy to have more than 4 or 5 receptions and no TD's.
aaaaand the lesson, as always: don't bench your studs
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #38
g6matty

yea unfortunately i was the only one who voted the correct answer!

(i realise he had 7 catches but AJ dominated champ the entire game)
Old 11-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #39
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Nice int by the Champ! I called it! Always taking care of business against the Bungles.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #40
canadianbroncosfan

Still satisfied with my vote for "Who cares as long as Denver wins"
Old 11-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #41
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post

Green did not dominate Champ. They battled all day long.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #42
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Dan Dierdorf had an orgasm over A.J. Green beating Champ Bailey on a long pass early in the first quarter, but what he didn't tell you is that Green pushed off in order to get any separation. That's a negative--on Dierdorf. The play in which Bailey gave up the touchdown to Green? Bailey was playing inside leverage, so the route call was going to be a nightmare from the beginning. Bailey got beat on a few other occasions, but not on these two plays.

Later, Andy Dalton made the mistake of thinking Bailey was a first-year corner and paid the price with an interception. Technically, I have to put Bailey here, but I do it with great reservation. After the game, Bailey rated Green as one of the top three wide receivers in the game.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...cos-at-bengals
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #43
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Bailey sort of stumbled on the one long pass Green caught. He probably would've broken it up if not for that.

Green's going to get his. It's not like anyone was banking on Bailey shutting him out.

Oh well, chit happens.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #44
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Dan Dierdorf had an orgasm over A.J. Green beating Champ Bailey on a long pass early in the first quarter, but what he didn't tell you is that Green pushed off in order to get any separation. That's a negative--on Dierdorf. The play in which Bailey gave up the touchdown to Green? Bailey was playing inside leverage, so the route call was going to be a nightmare from the beginning. Bailey got beat on a few other occasions, but not on these two plays.

Later, Andy Dalton made the mistake of thinking Bailey was a first-year corner and paid the price with an interception. Technically, I have to put Bailey here, but I do it with great reservation. After the game, Bailey rated Green as one of the top three wide receivers in the game.
Seems like an apolegitic article when anyone with 2 eyes can see the 24 year old freak was competing with the 31 year old CB and won more than he lost

On the TD one on one Green made the play on the ball better than Champ and Champ was beat. Plain and simple. Champ knows it. It's going to happen with superstar WRs.

Bailey's INT was not about Bailey but about the pressure from Ayers.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #45
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post

If you would like to see what "dominate" looks like go watch what Eddie Mac did to that rookie corner in the San Diego game several years ago.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #46
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Seems like an apolegitic article when anyone with 2 eyes can see the 24 year old freak was competing with the 31 year old CB and won more than he lost

On the TD one on one Green made the play on the ball better than Champ and Champ was beat. Plain and simple. Champ knows it. It's going to happen with superstar WRs.

Bailey had him covered like a blanket and he caught the ball when it arrived.... sure it was about Champ
Old 11-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #47
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:

agree

I wouldn't say Champ was dominated but let's be real here...AJ got the best of him
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #48
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
agree

I wouldn't say Champ was dominated but let's be real here...AJ got the best of him on a few plays
FYP
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #49
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

Actually I think it was more about Dalton being pissed about the holding call on his center the play before and not having his head "IN the GAME" when Ayers was a mad dog..
Old 11-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #50
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
FYP
I would agree with that also
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote