The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #26
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Failure an Option for this team

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,117

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Id have to watch it again too, but he expected it to bounce, it died...fine. And then SuperBall swooped in before he could even do anything
I would have done the same, someone had to do something.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #27
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 
You lookin at me?

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: with my sisterwives
Posts: 7,870

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dom Casual
Default

this is wrong, and I am sorry in advance for posting this, but the three year old child in me can't help it...or doesn't want to...

Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #28
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,057

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I would have done the same, someone had to do something.
But i dont think he gave holiday a chance to even react to it, but i cant remember. Though it might have been one of those things where they were both standing by it, unsure of who would grab it (like an infielder/outfielder calling a fly ball). Whatever though, no harm no foul
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #29
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,527

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Oh yeah, Holiday gets one in only his 3rd game for us, how sweet.

Tough call on the kick that died on the 1. Of course you want to say to Ball give Holiday a chance to pick it up but I'm not going to get on his case for that. Better to cover it up fast then bumble it or something. Just bad luck that a kick off could die like it did.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #30
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,749

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Oh yeah, Holiday gets one in only his 3rd game for us, how sweet.

Tough call on the kick that died on the 1. Of course you want to say to Ball give Holiday a chance to pick it up but I'm not going to get on his case for that. Better to cover it up fast then bumble it or something. Just bad luck that a kick off could die like it did.
that kick was incredible, to say the least. imagine if you had a guy who could do that consistently, drop it in front of returner and behind the next line, then kill it on the 1.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #31
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Failure an Option for this team

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,117

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
that kick was incredible, to say the least. imagine if you had a guy who could do that consistently, drop it in front of returner and behind the next line, then kill it on the 1.
Or if a CB could punch the ball out 4 times a game rather than bother tackling!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #32
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,209
Default

Who would have thunk that Cincinnati of all places would be a good for a Holiday.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #33
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone else think the guy could be a weapon on offense with some coaching?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #34
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
this is wrong, and I am sorry in advance for posting this, but the three year old child in me can't help it...or doesn't want to...

wtf is this ****??



bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #35
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'm hard pressed to decide which video sucks more. At least Madonna had the excuse of it being the very dawn of music videos. Meanwhile Green Day's video just feels like I'm on really bad drugs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #36
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'm hard pressed to decide which video sucks more. At least Madonna had the excuse of it being the very dawn of music videos. Meanwhile Green Day's video just feels like I'm on really bad drugs.
lol.....it's better because it's not madonna

duh
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #37
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,497

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Anyone else think the guy could be a weapon on offense with some coaching?
You can't teach speed. I just wonder if he could take constant poundings on offense. As a return guy he operates in space. On average he has maybe 4 total returns a game. On offense he faces much bigger opposition and is subject to bigger hits.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #38
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
You can't teach speed. I just wonder if he could take constant poundings on offense. As a return guy he operates in space. On average he has maybe 4 total returns a game. On offense he faces much bigger opposition and is subject to bigger hits.
I'm not talking about him taking "constant poundings". I'm talking about installing some packages and trying to get him the ball in space on a few plays a game. For instance you could line him up in the slot and then throw it to him on a bubble screen. Or maybe run a reverse. That kind of stuff. I seriously doubt he could ever be more than that in an NFL offense, but all the same I could see it accounting for a few big plays here and there.

Oh and I'm not sure where you got the idea that offensive players take bigger hits. Returners are generally at more risk of big hits than anyone other than the possible exception of wide receivers going over the middle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #39
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'm not talking about him taking "constant poundings". I'm talking about installing some packages and trying to get him the ball in space on a few plays a game. For instance you could line him up in the slot and then throw it to him on a bubble screen. Or maybe run a reverse. That kind of stuff. I seriously doubt he could ever be more than that in an NFL offense, but all the same I could see it accounting for a few big plays here and there.

Oh and I'm not sure where you got the idea that offensive players take bigger hits. Returners are generally at more risk of big hits than anyone other than the possible exception of wide receivers going over the middle.
Pretty sure that was why Hellman was drafted. How washout we let him learn it before trying teach the scheme and timing with yet another guy.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #40
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Failure an Option for this team

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,117

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Pretty sure that was why Hellman was drafted. How washout we let him learn it before trying teach the scheme and timing with yet another guy.
Is Hellman related to the dudes who make Mayo?

"How washout" whaaaHuh?

I think as the year goes on they would be smart to at least try some mCcluster type plays with Holliday in practice, if he can hold on to the ball and make some plays in practice then I bet we see it in a game later this season.

Like I have said before I love how this coaching staff does not stand pat and accept things for what they are. They keep trying to change things up and get better where they can.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #41
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,620

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Is Hellman related to the dudes who make Mayo?

"How washout" whaaaHuh?

I think as the year goes on they would be smart to at least try some mCcluster type plays with Holliday in practice, if he can hold on to the ball and make some plays in practice then I bet we see it in a game later this season.

Like I have said before I love how this coaching staff does not stand pat and accept things for what they are. They keep trying to change things up and get better where they can.
Maybe save him as a surprise weapon in a crucial game.

That is another thing Shanny was great at, saving a great play all season and springing it in a crucial game late in the season.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #42
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Is Hellman related to the dudes who make Mayo?

"How washout" whaaaHuh?

I think as the year goes on they would be smart to at least try some mCcluster type plays with Holliday in practice, if he can hold on to the ball and make some plays in practice then I bet we see it in a game later this season.

Like I have said before I love how this coaching staff does not stand pat and accept things for what they are. They keep trying to change things up and get better where they can.
should have been Hillman but my iPad changes words around from time to time..

Not so sure we need to be adding anything to this kids plate just yet.. lets let him become second nature on every punt/KO that he gets..

I would think that Elway and Manning have already thought about it but Know that Hillman gets his chance first..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #43
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Failure an Option for this team

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,117

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
should have been Hillman but my iPad changes words around from time to time..

Not so sure we need to be adding anything to this kids plate just yet.. lets let him become second nature on every punt/KO that he gets..

I would think that Elway and Manning have already thought about it but Know that Hillman gets his chance first..
That explains the Tanahan crap!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #44
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,102
Default

How about bring him back for KR duties. Bubba sure does suck at it.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #45
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,490

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
How about bring him back for KR duties. Bubba sure does suck at it.
He's on IR with the Bucs.

Played one game with them and had a fumble.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:52 AM   #46
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
He's on IR with the Bucs.

Played one game with them and had a fumble.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #47
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,527

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

At this point, they could put Pot Roast back there to return kicks and he would get more yards the Caldwell.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:04 PM.


Denver Broncos