The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #26
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

We need better play on the road still. Its easier to swallow with a win. ST's gave up pretty big returns. O had drops turnovers running game was poor props to them for containing us most of the day.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #27
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
The defense is fine. Tebow is gone, so the d can give up 20 points.
. True story.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #28
KevinJames
Peyton Taking us to SB 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'm not worried. Holding an opponent to 20 points on the road after two turnovers is just fine.
pretty much
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #29
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
You guys are talking like we have West Virginia's D. They weren't that bad today. One awful drive
Burn @ West Virginia.

Stupid hilljacks.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #30
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'm not worried. Holding an opponent to 20 points on the road after two turnovers is just fine.
Yup we should win every single game that we only give up 20.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #31
OrangeSe7en

The defense did OK. The bigger problem was the running game.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #32
shovelpass#30
Rookie

Elvis is alive!

D is a lot better than I expected at the start of the season. Interior line playing solid (and creating more pass rush than I can remember). But the biggest revelation is at cornerback - Harris and Carter have been terrific.
shovelpass#30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #33
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

We won, so as far as Im concerned, everything went peachy.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #34
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Defense wasnt perfect. They were stout against the run for the most part. They had 5 sacks. Miller dominated. But we did give up some big pass plays. That play where trevathan left greshem to attack dalton was horrible. Gave up 50+ yards on a play that should have been stopped.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #35
Action

Biggest play of the day of 54 yards went to Dumervil's mistake of leaving his coverage chasing Dalton down behind the LOS.

The biggest "issue" I see with this defense/scheme is that we play so much man coverage as opposed to pure Zone coverage you see the top defenses in the league play (SF/Pitt/Chi). But this is something that takes time to put in, more than 1 off season.... exchanges of coverages need to be precise and we just aren't too great at that.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #36
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
Defense wasnt perfect. They were stout against the run for the most part. They had 5 sacks. Miller dominated. But we did give up some big pass plays. That play where trevathan left greshem to attack dalton was horrible. Gave up 50+ yards on a play that should have been stopped.
That was Dumervil...

how the hell do you guys get players wrong every single week on some of the biggest plays of the game?
Old 11-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #37
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
That was Dumervil...

how the hell do you guys get players wrong every single week on some of the biggest plays of the game?
You need to lower your expectations. I now know this.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #38
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

My one gripe was not getting off on a couple of 3rd down plays that they should have, including a couple 3rd and long.

HOWEVER, this is still an impressive win. Keep in mind that Cincy had a BYE week and was waiting at home for the Broncos. It's not easy to win under those circumstances no matter who you are or who you are playing.

I'll take this one. On to Carolina, not a good team, so let's destroy them...
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #39
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
My one gripe was not getting off on a couple of 3rd down plays that they should have, including a couple 3rd and long.

HOWEVER, this is still an impressive win. Keep in mind that Cincy had a BYE week and was waiting at home for the Broncos. It's not easy to win under those circumstances no matter who you are or who you are playing.

I'll take this one. On to Carolina, not a good team, so let's destroy them...
Carolina has been playing better lately. They outplayed the Bears at Soldier Field and just defeated Washington on the road. I know it's easy to look at their record and dismiss them as an easy win but that might not be the case.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #40
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Carolina has been playing better lately. They outplayed the Bears at Soldier Field and just defeated Washington on the road. I know it's easy to look at their record and dismiss them as an easy win but that might not be the case.
I had both games on. Their defense is pretty respectable but Manning can rip them apart.

They are 2-6 because they self implode and make many mistakes. Fortunately for them, the redskins are an embarrassment on defense and someone mentioned, this was a typical Shanarat home game coming off a 2 game road trip.

Don't let a win over the redskins fool you. Also, I am positive Chicago overlooked the panthers and evidently they weren't happy about it and expect more and so they took it out on the Titans today...
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #41
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

I've been impressed with JDR, but why play Dumervil on every first down?

It's obvious to see it's wearing him down and when we have a stout run defender in Ayers then we should keep Dumervil on for 2nd/3rd downs.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #42
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
I've been impressed with JDR, but why play Dumervil on every first down?

It's obvious to see it's wearing him down and when we have a stout run defender in Ayers then we should keep Dumervil on for 2nd/3rd downs.
I thought Doom wore out their LT...he was a beast in the 4th quarter as the refs refused to call all the holding
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #43
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
The one that was thrown in the endzone was the worst. That made the game closer than it was.

I blame the whole series that led to the 2nd INT on that worthless POS Lance Ball. He totally crapped himself and jumped on the ball instead of letting his return man, standing right next to him, field the ball.
I think the real issue with that KO return...was that Holiday didn't run up and catch the ball. That's why Ball was like....WTF man...and fell on it.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #44
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I thought Doom wore out their LT...he was a beast in the 4th quarter as the refs refused to call all the holding
Sure, but we want Dumveril for the long haul and I just don't see the benefit of having him on 1st downs.

Ayers has been playing pretty well of late in his limited snaps.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #45
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Who would have thunk at the beginning of the year LB would be the weakest part of the D
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #46
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Sure, but we want Dumveril for the long haul and I just don't see the benefit of having him on 1st downs.

Ayers has been playing pretty well of late in his limited snaps.
Because a Wolfe-Vickerson-Bannan-Ayers dline would create questionable pressure if the QB were to drop back and pass.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #47
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Biggest play of the day of 54 yards went to Dumervil's mistake of leaving his coverage chasing Dalton down behind the LOS.

The biggest "issue" I see with this defense/scheme is that we play so much man coverage as opposed to pure Zone coverage you see the top defenses in the league play (SF/Pitt/Chi). But this is something that takes time to put in, more than 1 off season.... exchanges of coverages need to be precise and we just aren't too great at that.
There was a lot of coverage problems today, particularly with the linebackers. That and Champ had his worst game of the season (even with an interception that was a gift). JDR will have lots to work on with his players this week in practice and the film room.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #48
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
The defense did OK. The bigger problem was the running game.
That and that McCoy tried continually to force it with McGahee. McGahee likes to dance through the tackles. And when we face a decent line like we did today, I'd like to see Hillman try and go to the outside. Maybe some design pitches. Maybe I'm wrong but McGahee was very ineffective inside the tackles today.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #49
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post
That and that McCoy tried continually to force it with McGahee. McGahee likes to dance through the tackles. And when we face a decent line like we did today, I'd like to see Hillman try and go to the outside. Maybe some design pitches. Maybe I'm wrong but McGahee was very ineffective inside the tackles today.
Until late it the game when it really mattered
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #50
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post
Whats sad is that they struggled running the ball several times when Manning audibled to a run. But I tend to agree with you that they should have mixed it up more on 1st down.