The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #26
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

He's a Bears fan? Yuk Yuk
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #27
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
10 games a season, not several seasons. An EPL team play up to 3 games a week, when you include the international games, and their season is about 8 months. With NFL games you only have 10 weekends to worry about during 4 month window.
If it is one team, let me know what NFL football franchise gets 10 home games in a approximately 13 week window. I don't think you have a team there unless there is two franchises in the area.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #28
Bronco Yoda

Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #29
Blighty

Having one game at Wembley a year has worked out quite well, but the novelty value will quickly wear off if one team has all their home games in London for a season. There is no way that the fans who turned up for the sole NFL game this season will put aside their respective allegiance and go to watch a London franchise team instead.

If there was a team from London, then could it not be possible to play a number of home games in a row, before embarking on a mini tour of the states? Would mean they wouldn't have to travel back and forth across the Atlantic every other week.

Also as has already been said, absolutely no chance that QPR will move to the Olympic stadium. More chance of them ground sharing with Chelsea.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #30
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Couldn't see QPR putting more than 40k in that ground tbh and they play in Hammersmith, the opposite end of London. The City council is just trying to keep a team from moving in imo, they already turned down Spurs and West Ham and both make far more sense than QPR. I'm sure Goodell proposed it but is it really legit or an enquiry?
It's not QPR anyway, it's West Ham and they'll get 50k once they lower the ticket prices.

The only reason why West Ham dont already have the stadium is the refusal to fully fund a 200m refit for retractable seating which is needed with that damn running track.
eddie mac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #31
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

The Jaguars will be a London based franchise within 5-6 years, there's a reason why they agreed to an extended one game per season deal.
eddie mac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #32
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
The Jaguars will be a London based franchise within 5-6 years, there's a reason why they agreed to an extended one game per season deal.
Well it makes sense...the car is English too and its also in constant need of repair/rebuilding.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #33
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I think if they successfully fill it for 10 games in 2013 that the Jaguars will be there starting 2014
I fully expect this to happen.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #34
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
This Commish and these owners just can't keep themselves from ****ing up a good thing.
Adolf Goodell,,,, what he wants he gets.... He's already pussified the NFL now he's gonna stretch it....Pun intended...
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #35
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

These NFL guys suck ass. **** any London team or Mexican team or anywhere else. This is OUR ****in football and any team not in the USA will not be accepted. Just watch it bomb. A single game in London every year, yeah I don't like that at all but it's acceptable. Having more then 1 game there a year, that's going to bomb also. Just watch. Some of you guys are right. They're trying their best to **** up a good thing. ****in idiots.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #36
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

That is so shortsighted it's ridiculous.

BUT HEY, 'MERICA. THESE COLORS DON'T RUN. HAR HAR HAR.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #37
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

I worry about the effect on the sport but I would love a bigger international following and a broader talent pool.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #38
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Remember, St Louis was going to be the London team until the city shut them down. I think Jax jumped at the opportunity to limit home games but I don't think this is a conspiracy or anything.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #39
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Why aren't we pushing more for Canada and Mexico? What is it about the UK that is so attractive?
Well, Mexico is Mexico (and baja lives there).

Canada, I believe I read, get's really pissy when the NFL tries to intrude on CFL territory. I believe I read something about that with the whole Toronto situation.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #40
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
OK, I get the get up but what's with the Teddy Bear?
Have you seen the movie "Ted"? That teddy bear is lewd, crude and hilarious. I THINK that's the point...
Crushaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #41
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I worry about the effect on the sport but I would love a bigger international following and a broader talent pool.
Why do you care about a bigger international following? What is the benefit there that overrides the scheduling issues and the fact that American cities are losing out on these large revenue making events?
Old 11-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #42
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Jags to London.
Chargers to LA
Chefs contracted
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #43
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Why aren't we pushing more for Canada and Mexico? What is it about the UK that is so attractive?
$$$$$

oh, and also $$$$$$
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #44
uk bronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Nalen

I was at a coaching clinic a few months ago and Jim Criner former Scottish Claymores and Boise State HC and he recently worked for the queefs, said that the expansion plan for Europe was to put a team in london and one in france. that way when a team came over it would play both teams then fly back after the second game (and a probable bye week). Rumours over here kicking about that the Olympic Stadium may get used as no soccer team wants to use it as it the currently set up with the running track kills atmosphere.

Would be cool to have a London Franchise but i'd still support the Broncos over them but i think they'd be my second team
uk bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #45
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

a team in France? Seriously? Do the French even care about American Football? This sounds like a huge mistake. I'd rather have 2 teams in the UK, put both in London and then have them share to friggen stadium.

what a monumental joke.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #46
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Why do you care about a bigger international following? What is the benefit there that overrides the scheduling issues and the fact that American cities are losing out on these large revenue making events?
Because I'm from Hong Kong and it wasn't all that fun growing up as the only football / Broncos fan? Because I think the best league in the world could teach Europeans a thing or two about fairness and parity. Because the quality of football could very well increase with a wider talent pool.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #47
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

I see London, I see France, I see Rogers underpants.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #48
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Because I'm from Hong Kong and it wasn't all that fun growing up as the only football / Broncos fan? Because I think the best league in the world could teach Europeans a thing or two about fairness and parity. Because the quality of football could very well increase with a wider talent pool.
If the NFL really wants to go international it needs to first broadcast the games for free all over the world in order to "grow" a fanbase. You can't plant a team in a city and expect an average citizen of that city to fork over a fist full of money to watch a live event they don't even understand.

Most of the world simply doesn't like American football because 1. they don't understand it and 2. it flows differently and has a lot of stops or breaks in the action. Now I think that IF overseas fans took the time to understand the game they might like it more. However I doubt they will spend any money on learning it because it's a friggen game. They will instead go and watch their favorite soccer team.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #49
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I can see the french soliciting a team not so much because they give two cents about the NFL or American football but more because they want to thumb their collective noses at the UK. In other words, they would begrudgingly accept an NFL team and tolerate the game so that they keep up with the Jones's.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #50
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

France is an odd choice? if they were going to pick a secondary location aside from London, Germany makes more sense as they have a fairly sizable NFL following there.

But yes, much like soccer has trouble in the US, American football struggles against rubgy and soccer for both the time it takes and the random rules. I actually don't think they'd have trouble understanding it since we have 9million replays and the announcers explain everything in painful detail. I actually think sports over here could benefit from the way we work the games with the big tv screens, and at least some replays.

I went to a rugby game the other day which was hella fun despite not really understanindg most of what they were doing. I do understand winning though. At any rate, they get into these crazy scrum-hduddle things that you can't see what they are doing and I thought you know if they shot this like the NFL there would be closeups you could see on the big screens. I can't help but think if the NFL was smart they might try helping by buying into and building up rugby teams and the stadiums so you can see stuff better. Soccer would be better to to have some scrreens up to see some of their stuff up close. I went to the Women's Gold Medal Soccer at Wembley and the set up was not nearly as good as when the NFL set it up for their games. However I will say that the crowd for that game was way more fun then the NFL games. Rugby game too. Love seeing the fans kitted up and drunk off their asses but friendly and fun.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote