The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #826
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Most if not all of you are missing the point. I am not argueing that the Palmer trade was worth it. Heck, I am not even saying he is a great QB on par with Peyton. It's like talking to small children.

"But.....but....but......your QB and team sucks!"
It's more like you take on Peyton is really weak
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #827
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
It's more like you take on Peyton is really weak
So Peyton's 2-3 yrs of winning seasons but no SB wins coupled with low draft choices possibly leaving Denver uncompetive after he leaves has ZERO merit.

This was part of the Colts thought process. Even if he is healthy. Stay with Peyton for 2 or 3 more years or try to set yourself up for long term success with Luck.

Last edited by Fight_On!; 11-04-2012 at 09:02 AM..
Old 11-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #828
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
So Peyton's 2-3 yrs of winning seasons but no SB wins coupled low draft choices possibly leaving Denver uncompetive after he leaves has ZERO merit.
So what you are saying is unless you can win the SB you are better off losing so you get better draft picks. . That explains why you are a Raiders fan.

How many times does it have to be said Denver drafted the guy they think can replace Manning THIS year.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #829
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
So Peyton's 2-3 yrs of winning seasons but no SB wins coupled low draft choices possibly leaving Denver uncompetive after he leaves has ZERO merit.
A Denver Bronco fan has a realistic expectation to win every game they are watching for as long as Peyton Manning is playing QB for them

An Oakland Raiders fan has hope the Raiders will draft well.

I am so glad we have Manning. A SB will be a good possibility and a bonus
Old 11-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #830
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
So what you are saying is unless you can win the SB you are better off losing so you get better draft picks. . That explains why you are a Raiders fan.

How many times does it have to be said Denver drafted the guy they think can replace Manning THIS year.
Nope, I'm saying is that a signing of this magnitude warrants only 1 outcome considered a success....winning the SB.

BTW....Denver thinks they drafted Mannings replacement, but do not know for sure. Actually your backup reminds me a Niners QB from way back when....Jake Drukinmiller I believe was his name.

Last edited by Fight_On!; 11-04-2012 at 09:08 AM..
Old 11-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #831
Fight_On!

As I stated above...after my edit.

This was part of the Colts thought process. Even if he is healthy. Stay with Peyton for 2 or 3 more years or try to set yourself up for long term success with Luck.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #832
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
So Peyton's 2-3 yrs of winning seasons but no SB wins coupled with low draft choices possibly leaving Denver uncompetive after he leaves has ZERO merit.

The goal is always to win a super bowl. Not doing so would suck and defeat the primary goal for bringing Manning in. However, the other goals are to stay competitive, continue to grow and develop a fairly young team and to try and set us up for success after Manning. Low draft picks will bite, but they haven't exactly hurt other good teams, like the Patriots and Falcons...
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #833
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

Luck is a once in a lifetime QB prospect, along the lines of Elway and Manning. There's no way the colts make this move with any other QB besides Andrew Luck.

just admit you are KCStud and go away.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #834
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
If that's all you, the fan base, and the Broncos orginzation want out of this.......fail.
Well, again, the hope is for a championship but the first step toward a championship is (as I said above) winning football games (especially division games). And the acquisition is already a success regardless of whether or not we win the SB... because the front office's objective was achieved and we are winning football games/leading the division.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #835
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
The goal is always to win a super bowl. Not doing so would suck and defeat the primary goal for bringing Manning in. However, the other goals are to stay competitive, continue to grow and develop a fairly young team and to try and set us up for success after Manning. Low draft picks will bite, but they haven't exactly hurt other good teams, like the Patriots and Falcons...
Finally someone who makes sense and knows what I am conveying.

Let me add that winning the SB is the goal with Peyton...and if Peyton can help set up the Broncos with year in year out winning ala the Patriots....that would be the bonus. I just don't see that happening.

Last edited by Fight_On!; 11-04-2012 at 11:44 AM..
Old 11-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #836
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:

couldn't afford PM and Luck
Old 11-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #837
Agamemnon

Quote:

The thought process for the Colts was that they were about to draft Andrew Luck. Trust me, if they hadn't had another potential HoFer in the bag, they almost certainly bring Manning back.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #838
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
couldn't afford PM and Luck
That is true
Old 11-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #839
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The thought process for the Colts was that they were about to draft Andrew Luck. Trust me, if they hadn't had another potential HoFer in the bag, they almost certainly bring Manning back.
As great as Luck is...he is still a rookie with no certainty of success. But that the way they decided to gamble and it just may pay off

Last edited by Fight_On!; 11-04-2012 at 11:49 AM..
Old 11-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #840
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
As great as Luck is...he is still a rookie with no certainty of success. But that the way they decided to gamble and it just may pay off
So far Indy is 5-3 and still in the hunt for a WC spot.

I prefer to take the known quantity in a proven vet over a Rook but considering the total rebuild Indy was going through they made the right choice for their team by moving on, it is not like they drafted Jarmacus Russell to replace him with.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #841
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
So far Indy is 5-3 and still in the hunt for a WC spot.

I prefer to take the known quantity in a proven vet over a Rook but considering the total rebuild Indy was going through they made the right choice for their team by moving on, it is not like they drafted Jarmacus Russell to replace him with.
Looking at the Denver Peytons schedule. I see no reason why Denver doesn't win the west. Oakland is improving, but I don't see them improving fast enough to keep up with Peyton.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #842
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Looking at the Denver Peytons schedule. I see no reason why Denver doesn't win the west. Oakland is improving, but I don't see them improving fast enough to keep up with Peyton.
The Carson Palmers just threw an INT, down 21-10 at home.

I get why butt-pirate fans play dress up, it gives them something to talk about while losing. They can compare makeup or fake monkey fur or where to get a cheap Vader mask and some skulls.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #843
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
The Carson Palmers just threw an INT, down 21-10 at home.

I get why butt-pirate fans play dress up, it gives them something to talk about while losing. They can compare makeup or fake monkey fur or where to get a cheap Vader mask and some skulls.

....Plus no one can recognize them
Old 11-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #844
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #845
Tim

I wanna see Martin break the single game rushing record vs these clowns
Old 11-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #846
Drunken.Broncoholic

The real Palmer always shows up.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #847
Agamemnon

Quote:
The entire scouting community considered the guy about as close to a sure thing as you can get, so I don't think they were risking much. Plus they knew they didn't have the talent to win it all with Manning even if Manning returned to form 100%. There was no real gamble. It was a no brainer for them as an organization.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #848
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

10. Carson Palmer, QB, Oakland Raiders (four years, $43 million): The problem isnít necessarily the salary. Starting quarterbacks make $10 million-plus. The problem is trading away first- and second-round picks to get him. Palmer has been average at best. He has 26 touchdown passes and 24 interceptions for the Raiders. Former coach Hue Jackson thought Palmer would put the Raiders over the top after some 8-8 seasons. He's been 6-11 as Oakland's starter.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/dol...g-from-russell

Old 11-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #849
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

55-20.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #850
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

The butt-pirates are not at kFc level suckage but they do suck.

I get why their fans wear masks to the games, they don't want to be seen there rooting for a bad team.