The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #51
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You'll have to ask the GM that gave him the deal
Ah he was fired and working in WAS. Just another reason to fire his ass..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #52
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
We'll see
I doubt it. He Certainly will not be here next year with his cap numbers.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #53
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Bit of constructive criticism, if you're open to it.

(If there's one thing we all know the Rev reacts well to it's being criticised!! )

I'd much prefer to see you choose two or three topics and go into real detail on them rather than the approach you're taking now.

For example, maybe spend a couple of paragraphs breaking down some of Harris' plays when he's lined up outside. What's he doing well? What does he need to improve upon? Same for your comment on Von against the run, or Demaryius' patience in waiting for his blockers.

I enjoy reading your posts on here because when you actually go into some depth you're one of the better posters on here in terms of providing insight into what's going on out on the field. There was some interesting ideas there when it came to previewing the Bengals game but I felt it could have been expanded much more and would have made a much better read had you done so.

In you piece after the San Diego game you talked about how they were using Von in coverage more and how that was a huge part of the second half comeback. You suggested using some 3-3 looks when DJ gets back, pointing out that Woodyard, DJ and Von are all very good pass rushing LB's and would thus create some headaches for opposing QB's in trying to guess who's coming.

That's the kind of stuff I'd like to read more of personally, rather than throw-away one-liners which a lot of this recent piece seemed like to me honestly.

Just my two cents, anyway.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #54
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
I'd like to think JDR can turn the light for DJ but I see he couldn't do the same for Mays, another dummy.
While he might be a dumbass, DJ is more talented than Mays is...and that might make the job of getting more out of him a little easier...but personally I'm ready to move on from the off field crap he puts this team and fan base through.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #55
errand
Ring of Famer

Went to Walmart and Best Buy today...still haven't found the TV that all these so called wannabe analysts on here have.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #56
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Just watched Rudy AGAIN.

I LOVE THAT MOVE Silly old man that I am.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #57
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

RUDY RUDY RUDY
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #58
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Its unbelievable to think that WW who has one career sack prior to this season is playing his best football under a former LB himself and yet people seem to think JDR can't get DJ to play to his strengths.
I have to agree with this. Woodyard was considered a nice backup until lately. I give him credit, he's played well. But I also think JDR has a little something to do with it, and also I think our secondary has improved quite a bit as well. I don't know what all the fuss is though, people like or don't like DJ. Fact is, it doesn't matter. He's on the team for a reason. He is probably going to get a good shot at some considerable playing time when he does come back. Honestly though, this is not DJ vs Woodyard. I happen to think Woodyard is staying where he is and DJ will play MLB. If there is one thing DJ does do very well, that is blitz. I think he's solid at coverage and solid at tackling. It's going to be fun.

But back to the topic of the thread. I like the Broncos by 11 points on the road. Broncos 31 Bengals 20.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:28 AM   #59
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I have to agree with this. Woodyard was considered a nice backup until lately. I give him credit, he's played well. But I also think JDR has a little something to do with it, and also I think our secondary has improved quite a bit as well. I don't know what all the fuss is though, people like or don't like DJ. Fact is, it doesn't matter. He's on the team for a reason. He is probably going to get a good shot at some considerable playing time when he does come back. Honestly though, this is not DJ vs Woodyard. I happen to think Woodyard is staying where he is and DJ will play MLB. If there is one thing DJ does do very well, that is blitz. I think he's solid at coverage and solid at tackling. It's going to be fun.

But back to the topic of the thread. I like the Broncos by 11 points on the road. Broncos 31 Bengals 20.
Dj is not a MLB played it in 07 and they moved him to will the next year. He proved at the time he was unable to make the calls for the front seven. With absolutely o experience so far with this new scheme and player group you think they will make him a MLB.

This is not FF nor madden. Time to get over the bromance.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:24 AM   #60
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
Bit of constructive criticism, if you're open to it.

(If there's one thing we all know the Rev reacts well to it's being criticised!! )

I'd much prefer to see you choose two or three topics and go into real detail on them rather than the approach you're taking now.

For example, maybe spend a couple of paragraphs breaking down some of Harris' plays when he's lined up outside. What's he doing well? What does he need to improve upon? Same for your comment on Von against the run, or Demaryius' patience in waiting for his blockers.

I enjoy reading your posts on here because when you actually go into some depth you're one of the better posters on here in terms of providing insight into what's going on out on the field. There was some interesting ideas there when it came to previewing the Bengals game but I felt it could have been expanded much more and would have made a much better read had you done so.

In you piece after the San Diego game you talked about how they were using Von in coverage more and how that was a huge part of the second half comeback. You suggested using some 3-3 looks when DJ gets back, pointing out that Woodyard, DJ and Von are all very good pass rushing LB's and would thus create some headaches for opposing QB's in trying to guess who's coming.

That's the kind of stuff I'd like to read more of personally, rather than throw-away one-liners which a lot of this recent piece seemed like to me honestly.

Just my two cents, anyway.
Great input.

Sold.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #61
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Went to Walmart
Not even a little surprised.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #62
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Where did I saw DJs best skills was coverage? WW has that down, DJ is a better pass rusher. JDR will take advantage of that.
WW has 3 sacks through 7 games as a full time starter. DJ's best season in that category was 5.5 for a full year.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #63
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
WW has 3 sacks through 7 games as a full time starter. DJ's best season in that category was 5.5 for a full year.
WW with same staff as DJ = 1 career sack (last two years)
WW with JDR sack monster
DJ with same staff as WW = 10.5 sacks (last two years)
DJ with JDR = can't rush the passer Please!

Some how the DCs before could make DJ a better pass rusher then WW yet some how you guys think JDR can't.

PS Watt is beast.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #64
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
WW with JDR sack monster

Some how the DCs before could make DJ a better pass rusher then WW yet some how you guys think JDR can't.

PS Watt is beast.
Holy ****ing flawed logic. DJ's been the one on the field getting the opportunities.

You just wouldn't notice because he can't capitalize and make plays.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:00 AM   #65
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Not even a little surprised.
sure, like Target is so much better...

Yeah you're right...I should've just went to the horse's ass....err, mouth and asked you what kind of TV you own....

cuz no matter which TV I have watched the Broncos on, the camera only follows where the ball goes....but please keep regurgitating **** we already know......

I find it hilarious that clowns like you come in here with -

[] no access to NFL game film

[] no numerous camera angles provided by NFL Films or the networks

[] nor any experience coaching (or being coached) or playing the game at the NFL level

But think you know more than the average jock who does have access to such .....but please continue to post stupid **** like how the great Patrick Peterson won't face anyone good enough to showcase his amazing talents....
Old 11-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #66
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

This^
Old 11-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #67
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
sure, like Target is so much better...

Yeah you're right...I should've just went to the horse's ass....err, mouth and asked you what kind of TV you own....

cuz no matter which TV I have watched the Broncos on, the camera only follows where the ball goes....but please keep regurgitating **** we already know......

I find it hilarious that clowns like you come in here with -

[] no access to NFL game film

[] no numerous camera angles provided by NFL Films or the networks

[] nor any experience coaching (or being coached) or playing the game at the NFL level

But think you know more than the average jock who does have access to such .....but please continue to post stupid **** like how the great Patrick Peterson won't face anyone good enough to showcase his amazing talents....
Wow... think you might just be a little TOO personally invested in this?

PS. Those emoticons aren't fooling anyone. We know you typed this in tear-stained underwear
Old 11-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #68
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Wow... think you might just be a little TOO personally invested in this?

PS. Those emoticons aren't fooling anyone. We know you typed this in tear-stained underwear
Nope, just in awe of your supposed genius and infinite wisdom....

oh, and on edit:
Old 11-04-2012, 08:13 AM   #69
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
WW with JDR sack monster

So you think comparing WW's stats as a backup is more appropriate than looking at his stats as a starter? That makes as much sense as wiping before you poop.

People have been scapegoating for DJ for his entire career. He's never been anything but an underachiever.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #70
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Nope, just in awe of you're supposed genius and infinite wisdom....
Well... weekly you not only open these threads, but click the link and read the entirety of it, so yeah, probably so.

But I digress, you've whined loud enough begging for my attention, what would you like to say now that your dreams have come true and you have it?
Old 11-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #71
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
So you think comparing WW's stats as a backup is more appropriate than looking at his stats as a starter? That makes as much sense as wiping before you poop.

People have been scapegoating for DJ for his entire career. He's never been anything but an underachiever.
How many sacks did WW have when DJ missed time. Your logic would make sense if starters are the only ones to blitz and rush the passers. WW has been on the field plenty before this year with no sacks to show for it.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #72
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
How many sacks did WW have when DJ missed time. Your logic would make sense if starters are the only ones to blitz and rush the passers. WW has been on the field plenty before this year with no sacks to show for it.
I guess you know that the DCs called for him to attempt sacks?

Since none of us really knows what plays are actually called and how those plays really turned out.. Most of the stuff we talk about is conjecture.

None of us have a clue as to IF WW has been asked to attack the QB or simply learn his position of WLB last year and since we have yet another DC that was actually a Pro Bowl LB at one time it is apparent to me that WW will be the starter most likely at WLB. Brooking/Trevathan will be at MLB and well Miller is not losing the SAM spot.

Yet this year it is indeed apparent that he has been asked to spy the QB and to blitz. So far he has done well.

I also suspect that DJ will be tested on how much of if any of the play book he has absorbed along with all the booze in his exile. Until there is conclusive proof he has a clue JDR and Fox are not going to give him playing time.

In fact might just flat cut his ass or keep him inactive, until it is trading time again.

Yet another possibility exists that he play the fourth LB In a 3-4 configuration.

Unlike those of you with blind faith in him the coaches have a clue.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #73
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Broncos 31 Bengals 20.
You almost nailed it.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #74
DENVERDUI55

Even though its a broncos article the mention of Peterson at the bottom needs to be followed up on. Another rough game giving up a TD to Cobb on WR screen, poor tackling all day, missed fumbled that cost AZ because Green Bay got them afterwards and the nail in the coffin fumbled punt. He isn't very bright he didn't do it this game but he has called fair catch on punts at the 2 yd line and caught the punt.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #75
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Even though its a broncos article the mention of Peterson at the bottom needs to be followed up on. Another rough game giving up a TD to Cobb on WR screen, poor tackling all day, missed fumbled that cost AZ because Green Bay got them afterwards and the nail in the coffin fumbled punt. He isn't very bright he didn't do it this game but he has called fair catch on punts at the 2 yd line and caught the punt.
So you're saying you watched that instead of the Broncos game?