The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #51
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

let me say I took a job once as the state manager for a company in STL.. I was promised one thing a certain % of the profits plus a really good salary and loads of benefits, company car gas etc....

After being on the job for two weeks and going over the P&L statement, I sat down with the Owner and gave him the cold hard facts that the previous guy had sold all the decent assets and the company would not be profitable for a couple of years..

Gave him the option of upping my salary or looking for another manager because I was not going to work on that salary alone.. HE chose to go cheap..

I was hired in LA two days later..

sometimes you have to play hardball with owners
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #52
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Peyton is a general on the field, but he still defers to the OC and HC in terms of general scheme and in personnel. Norv is like Wade Phillips, crap HC but awesome coordinator. He would be a huge upgrade.
you are entitled to your opine.. I do not agree about him being a upgrade..

he has been stagnant on O without his big studs since he/they allowed LT and TG to leave they have been going steadily down hill after last years lose of the big guy.

his best years have been with super stars like he had in DAL.. not great without great talent, a lot like mikey was..

it is really easy to win with HOF players.. once they are gone the playoff wins dry up..
Old 11-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #53
Bacchus

What would really suck is if the Chefs hire Jack Del Rio as their next coach!!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #54
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I got my issues with Mike but taking the Raiders HC job certainly ins't one of them. What is he supposed to say, "No thanks Al I don't want to take the HC job that I have worked for all my life for because it's the Raiders EUUU"
It's certainly one of them with me. Shanahan takes the arch-rival Raider HC job where his job description is mainly to beat the Broncos, since the two teams were vying for the AFW West title at the time. Most people won't agree now, but, if Shanahan would have gone on to beat the hell out of the Broncos for ten years what would you say?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #55
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I think Kyle needs a few more years before he's ready to be a head coach. I also doubt his first jaunt into the coaching circles would be to a team that has been annihilated with bad ownership the way KC has been.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #56
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
It's certainly one of them with me. Shanahan takes the arch-rival Raider HC job where his job description is mainly to beat the Broncos, since the two teams were vying for the AFW West title at the time. Most people won't agree now, but, if Shanahan would have gone on to beat the hell out of the Broncos for ten years what would you say?
I'd say he proved himself to be a good coach
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #57
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I think if McCoy gets a HC gig opportunities like he was up for last season, I would not mind Norv as an Offensive Coordinator.
this
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #58
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Dream on. Kyle Shanahan will never accept a job with the Chiefs. Mike Shanahan proteges are instructed to wait for the right opportunity. Look at Gary Kubiak for an example. It was years before he took a HC job, largely because of this philosophy. Mike Shanahan will never counsel his son to take a job with an organization like the Chiefs.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #59
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
you are entitled to your opine.. I do not agree about him being a upgrade..

he has been stagnant on O without his big studs since he/they allowed LT and TG to leave they have been going steadily down hill after last years lose of the big guy.

his best years have been with super stars like he had in DAL.. not great without great talent, a lot like mikey was..

it is really easy to win with HOF players.. once they are gone the playoff wins dry up..

TG? I hope you dont mean Tony Gonzalez.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #60
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

A career built on nepotism usually works out great and with KC's track record for coaching hires it's a no brainer!
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:47 AM   #61
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Shanahan voluntarily took the Oakland Raider HC job. His job description under Al Davis was to beat the crap out of the Broncos. Isn't that a good enough reason to at least dislike Shanahan?

Shanahan was brought into the NFL by Reeves as one of his earliest hires, promoted through the ranks from WR coach to Offensive Coordinator, then Shanahan defects to the Raiders.

That's kind of disgusting. The Raiders. Shanahan voluntarily takes the HC job under Al Davis where his job description is to beat the team that brought him into the NFL. One of the most bitter rivalries in the NFL, and Shanahan jumps ship to the rival from the team that brought him into the NFL.
what a ****ing nerd. if the rival of the company you work for offered you a raise of 1000% to man the position you've always wanted to man, you'd shove over an old lady to suck some dick to get it. get over yourself, jesus some people are idiots.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:53 AM   #62
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
what a ****ing nerd. if the rival of the company you work for offered you a raise of 1000% to man the position you've always wanted to man, you'd shove over an old lady to suck some dick to get it. get over yourself, jesus some people are idiots.
not everyone will sell themselves out..

for example Kubes he had several chances to move on, I think he knew he was not quite ready and waited for the one, just so happens it was one he wanted most..

not everyone sells them selves out for the almighty dollar.. the situation has to be right or it becomes a miserable job..
Old 11-04-2012, 01:03 AM   #63
extralife
Ring of Famer

you're right, taking a head coach job is a total sell out, shanahan was bound by god to work for the broncos and the broncos only. specifically because you are a fan of the broncos. in the NFL, everyone is even, everyone is already a "sell out" in the sense that they are getting paid millions of dollars because of corporate backing. please enlighten me as to why team X is better than team Y in this regard. if pat bowlen or dan reeves thought shanahan was under performing, they'd fire him in a second and you'd give no second thought as to why that was or was not fair from an individual perspective. the reverse is no different.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:03 AM   #64
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
What would really suck is if the Chefs hire Jack Del Rio as their next coach!!
This. I know it is still young in the season, but I think JDR is the best thing to happen to the Broncos defense, maybe since a young Joe Collier came along years ago. He will be a HC again, but I am hoping it is not for a couple of years from now. Unfortunately, i have a feeling it will be sooner, rather than later.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #65
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
This. I know it is still young in the season, but I think JDR is the best thing to happen to the Broncos defense, maybe since a young Joe Collier came along years ago. He will be a HC again, but I am hoping it is not for a couple of years from now. Unfortunately, i have a feeling it will be sooner, rather than later.
some times Coordinators figure out although there is less money involved, there is less headaches and more time with Family if they stay a coordinator..

Dick Labuea is case in point and there are several otehrs that failed as a HC and frankly do not want to go back..

I'm guessing Wade is one that as long as he gets a good salary will be content to stay as a DC..

give them the title of assistant HC and great money he stays.. besides who really wants to go to a disaster like KC, CLE, SAN and try to fix it.. Odds are in 3 years you are looking for a DC job again and JDR fell into a really sweet spot these do not come around very often..
Old 11-04-2012, 04:46 AM   #66
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
I could see both of the Gruden brothers getting jobs next year. John was interviewing Phylis before the Monday night game and they seemed to get along. Some may say thats one of the more attractive openings bc they have an established QB.
Oregon's Chip Kelly is suppose to be the hot name. Maybe he goes to Dallas.

And what about Saban? They say he's the type who wears his welcome out after 5 yrs or so. Cowher, who lives in NC could probably get the Panthers job if he wanted. Which would be another opening with a legit Qb.
Gruden will never go back to coaching. He's heir to the John Madden throne.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:43 AM   #67
OrangeSe7en

If Chiefs fans think Pioli will or should be replaced, shouldn't they be talking about their next GM and not their next head coach? Imagine if Pioli hires Shanahan and then Pioli gets fired and then the next GM wants a different coach? And lets say this happens because KC has a bad to mediocre transition year under Kyle before Pioli gets fired. This would/could mean 2 wasted seasons in KC, since it could result in 2 transition years close together.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #68
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
wished they had kept him..

as for Josh the guy is brilliant much like mikey was, as such lots of folks find it hard to understand the concept and overall neither were good at communication with the outside world.. Lots of player thought both were *****.. Not uncommon.. I suspect most players in GB when Lombardi showed up hated his ass..
Actually quite the contrary for Lombardis players. Lombardi was tough but fair, and his players had nothing but respect for the man. Outside of his coaching Lombardi was a great human being, and for that his players loved him. His beliefs in humanity, kindness, integrity, fairness, and equality are what made him great.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #69
fwf

Quote:
I think if McCoy gets a HC gig opportunities like he was up for last season, I would not mind Norv as an Offensive Coordinator.
Not me. Peyton is pretty much the OC so I want an in your face, leader of men, motivator type. Basically the opposite of Norv.. A Rob Ryan or Del Rio type of personality. But thats just me.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #70
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Not me. Peyton is pretty much the OC so I want an in your face, leader of men, motivator type. Basically the opposite of Norv.. A Rob Ryan or Del Rio type of personality. But thats just me.
What does your guy say about it?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #71
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I don't get the hate for Mike Shanahan just like I never got the hate for Tebow and never got the hate for Jake Plummer. All those 3 have done for this franchise is win playoff games (and in Shanny's case 2 SBs including that 98 team I would put up against any in league history). Was it time for Shanahan to go when he did, yeah, but I don't hold any ounce of hate for him and what he did for the Broncos.

I got the hate for Orton - though once he stopped starting and now he's gone the hate just didn't have depth to it, and I understand the hate for Cutler with the way he left, even if it wasn't his fault, he still shat on the fans on the way out the door.
What I don't get is people who seem to think it's hate. As for me, it was more disgust and frustration. For Shanahan having such a huge ego he couldn't recognize his ineptness at being a GM, for sooooo long. For Tebow, NOT A QB. I don't understand the hate for Orton because his ineptness was the same as Tebows at times. For Plummer, his stupid, stupid play and he NEVER won a playoff game. Our defense did, we won in spite of Plummer. It is not hate, just disgust, frustration. I do appreciate the good they did for us but after a while it all had to go.

Yeah Bob, take Kyle. The Chiefs offense will improve. Good luck stopping other teams though. Sneaky feeling that ego has been past down.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #72
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
some times Coordinators figure out although there is less money involved, there is less headaches and more time with Family if they stay a coordinator..

Dick Labuea is case in point and there are several otehrs that failed as a HC and frankly do not want to go back..

I'm guessing Wade is one that as long as he gets a good salary will be content to stay as a DC..

give them the title of assistant HC and great money he stays.. besides who really wants to go to a disaster like KC, CLE, SAN and try to fix it.. Odds are in 3 years you are looking for a DC job again and JDR fell into a really sweet spot these do not come around very often..
Agreed. This is what I am hoping for. Pay him top money to stay, whatever that amount needs to be, idk, but do whatever is necessary to keep him, then let him take his time and find a great situation way down the road.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #73
MojoBen
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why do we still find some of our fans hating on Mike Shanahan? Sure his last two years weren't great but he did a lot of great things here.

As for Kyle I don't think he is quite ready personally.
MojoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #74
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoBen View Post
Why do we still find some of our fans hating on Mike Shanahan? Sure his last two years weren't great but he did a lot of great things here.

As for Kyle I don't think he is quite ready personally.
Calling it like you see it does not mean you hate the object of your observation.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #75
FearLanier

Chiefs need to go after Cowher, Gruden and Chip Kelly. Get one of them.