The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #126
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

He is going to get paid. Manning himself will make sure that happens. There was a risk for both sides to cut off talks but it also lets them focus on season. It clearly is working as they are having success. Good for Clady to regain his pre injury level of play.

Would it be safe to say that Clady is by far the best player Shanny ever drafted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
What does Joe Thomas make? That is the deal Clady wanted.

Whatever it is, in hindsight, the Broncos should have paid it as I advised.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #127
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
What does Joe Thomas make? That is the deal Clady wanted.

Whatever it is, in hindsight, the Broncos should have paid it as I advised.
I think the Broncos will still be ahead when all is said and done. Even if he signs the same deal as Thomas or slightly more, we are essentially getting a free year here. $3.5 mil for an entire year of elite LT play? When are they EVER going to have that chance again?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #128
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
He is going to get paid. Manning himself will make sure that happens. There was a risk for both sides to cut off talks but it also lets them focus on season. It clearly is working as they are having success. Good for Clady to regain his pre injury level of play.

Would it be safe to say that Clady is by far the best player Shanny ever drafted?
TD was the best, after him Portis because we were able to flip him for Bailey +, then Clady.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #129
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Vegas_Bronco's Avatar
 
Fear is a lack of preparation.

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Now 64 Yards Out
Posts: 5,478

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default

I feel like the Patriots all the sudden because we have a decent quarterback everyone is going to demand part of the reward$.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #130
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
TD was the best, after him Portis because we were able to flip him for Bailey +, then Clady.
Doh forgot about TD being a draft pick of Shanny. But I don't know if he is the best draft pick. He was such a late draft pick it was more just a fill the roster type spot, one that became a special player.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #131
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Doh forgot about TD being a draft pick of Shanny. But I don't know if he is the best draft pick. He was such a late draft pick it was more just a fill the roster type spot, one that became a special player.
but it was still a pick that developed. that can't be said about many Shanny draft picks. his whiff rate was awful.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #132
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
but it was still a pick that developed. that can't be said about many Shanny draft picks. his whiff rate was awful.
Fair enough and I don't disagree but maybe I should rephrase to best high draft pick
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #133
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,372

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
7 years, 84 mil, 44 mil guaranteed.
the guaranteed money was the hold up last time during talks.
That is understandable given Clady's injury and under performing 2 seasons post his serious injury.

44 million guaranteed seems a ridiculous commitment in the highly unpredictable sport of professional football.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #134
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,372

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I think the Broncos will still be ahead when all is said and done. Even if he signs the same deal as Thomas or slightly more, we are essentially getting a free year here. $3.5 mil for an entire year of elite LT play? When are they EVER going to have that chance again?
Excellent point, so strong that it makes me change my opinion.

Hey Beantown how about a couple of good movie recommendations that are likely on NetFlix or Amazon.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #135
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Fair enough and I don't disagree but maybe I should rephrase to best high draft pick
Clady,Wilson and then Cutler in that case.
i'm giving Clady the edge due to the fact that he protects the most precious item on the team and has been solid even in his worst years.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #136
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,372

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Clady,Wilson and then Cutler in that case.
i'm giving Clady the edge due to the fact that he protects the most precious item on the team and has been solid even in his worst years.
Don't forget Foster and lelie

"we could'a had Reed"
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #137
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Vegas_Bronco's Avatar
 
Fear is a lack of preparation.

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Now 64 Yards Out
Posts: 5,478

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
That is understandable given Clady's injury and under performing 2 seasons post his serious injury.

44 million guaranteed seems a ridiculous commitment in the highly unpredictable sport of professional football.
I'm starting to believe money is overrated...he should play for the love of the game.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #138
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,372

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
I'm starting to believe money is overrated...he should play for the love of the game.
Key word here is 'guaranteed'

Buy some insurance...
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #139
JPPT1974
Merry Christmas!
 
JPPT1974's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Seymour TN
Posts: 165

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning!
Default

That money is overrated. Look at Peyton as he plays for the love of the game indeed!
JPPT1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #140
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
What does Joe Thomas make? That is the deal Clady wanted.

Whatever it is, in hindsight, the Broncos should have paid it as I advised.
considering he lead the league in holding penalties ACCEPTED last year and he was playing like crap for part of the year..
sure we should have made him the highest paid OL guy in the league..

In case you did not get the memo OLT are not the uber hot item they were the past decade..

with the advent of the shotgun, 3 step drops and getting the ball out fast they are not needed like they were when 5-7 step drops were in vogue..

Now I have no issue with him getting bigger money than he made this year.. but 10+ a year is more than I would pay.. and certainly not give 40+million in guaranteed money..

I would draft his replacement this year franchise him this coming year and the next one if the newbie was not far enough along..

and still save a gazillion in guaranteed money..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #141
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,372

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
considering he lead the league in holding penalties ACCEPTED last year and he was playing like crap for part of the year..
sure we should have made him the highest paid OL guy in the league..

In case you did not get the memo OLT are not the uber hot item they were the past decade..

with the advent of the shotgun, 3 step drops and getting the ball out fast they are not needed like they were when 5-7 step drops were in vogue..

Now I have no issue with him getting bigger money than he made this year.. but 10+ a year is more than I would pay.. and certainly not give 40+million in guaranteed money..

I would draft his replacement this year franchise him this coming year and the next one if the newbie was not far enough along..

and still save a gazillion in guaranteed money..
Bet you a 100 he gets gets Joe Thomas money. You in?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #142
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Bet you a 100 he gets gets Joe Thomas money. You in?
NO thanks, I do not bet money on anything I do not already know the answer to or if I am not in total control of the situation..

I earned my money the hard way..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #143
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,372

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
NO thanks, I do not bet money on anything I do not already know the answer to or if I am not in total control of the situation..

I earned my money the hard way..
Oh!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #144
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Lol at the idea of just "replacing" a elite LT like that. Anyone that still thinks Clady was the issue last year shouldn't be allowed to post anymore.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #145
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,372

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Lol at the idea of just "replacing" a elite LT like that. Anyone that still thinks Clady was the issue last year shouldn't be allowed to post anymore.
No kidding. It's not like we had a running back playing QB last season or anything.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #146
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Lol at the idea of just "replacing" a elite LT like that. Anyone that still thinks Clady was the issue last year shouldn't be allowed to post anymore.
oh so your the judge thanks for letting us all know..

Most teams do not have an elite OLT anymore at least the ones with good to great QB's.

just who does Joe Thomas play for? who is his QB?

They falt are not as big a deal as they were in mikeys time frame..

Not saying we should get some schmuck to cover it just that we do not need a 100MILLION dollar guy to do it..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #147
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director
 
wolf754life's Avatar
 
Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,075

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I'd tread carefully on this if I were the Broncos. PFT had a post about Clady today and his decline statistically, it wasn't pretty. I think he needs to really prove himself this year before he gets seriously paid. He isn't the same and needs to get alot better.
This is funny, So Cal slobbers all over DJ Williams Knob, but be careful with our top 3 in the nfl left tackle!

comedy.
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #148
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Don't forget Foster and lelie

"we could'a had Reed"
it was foolishness then, it's even more foolishness now.

though Lelie was starting to develop into a nice WR until he went into full on diva with PMS and a stick shoved up his prissy little rear end mode.
but the main thing that pisses me off about the Foster draft.
we took that worthless **** in the same draft as the most useless draft pick of all time. Terry Pierce. failing that epically in the top two rounds is damn near impossible and yet somehow we managed to do it.

Last edited by Lestat; 11-03-2012 at 12:47 AM..
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #149
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Pay the man while his stock is down because he is going to look great with 18.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:57 AM   #150
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
You have Peyton Manning as your QB and you'll let Clady go for a 3rd round compensatory pick?

Clady will be a great player again. He was blocking for Tebow last year. Tebow will make any Olman look bad. If you do not sign him right now. Next year some team will make him the highest paid OLman in NFL history. Pay now or watch him leave later.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Denver Broncos