The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #801
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Fight on..you're in denial. You say we dance around subjects? Take a look at what i asked you repeatedly to no response. I even responded to yours. So until you care to have a conversarion im done.

Otm 1
Fight on-1
Ask again, I mostly likely didn't notice it after being bombarded.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #802
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Your whole argument is flawed. You keep saying that once Manning retires the Broncos will be in some kind of trouble yet you ignore the fact that the Broncos are at least trying to have a young QB ready to go when Manning retires. Osweiler is raw, but he's got some talent.

Fact is, you conviniently ignore the plight that the faiders are in with a much worse older QB. You are pointing at the Broncos and making up hypothetical scenarios based on your bias yet you are completely ignoring your own teams nasty problems.

I really do think you are KCPud. You are displaying his exact same qualities as a poster.
1. Palmer is younger than Peyton
2. I have no problem admitting to the Raiders' short comings.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #803
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,104

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
1. Palmer is younger than Peyton
2. I have no problem admitting to the Raiders' short comings.
Palmer also sucks, badly. Don't forget that. As for the Broncos, I'm excited about the future because of Manning, not in spite of him.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #804
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
1. Palmer is younger than Peyton
2. I have no problem admitting to the Raiders' short comings.
Palmer's not "that much" younger than Manning...

Manning: March 24, 1976
Palmer: December 27, 1979

Neither one constitutes "building for the future".
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #805
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Palmer's not "that much" younger than Manning...

Manning: March 24, 1976
Palmer: December 27, 1979

Neither one constitutes "building for the future".
You're correct
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #806
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Palmer also sucks, badly. Don't forget that. As for the Broncos, I'm excited about the future because of Manning, not in spite of him.
Palmer is not all world ....ala Peyton....but he has been carrying an offense that is improving. But the Raiders have a very long way to go.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #807
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
You're correct
The difference is that we didn't invest future picks in our QB; but you did. Hey, I get it that you had few attractive options when Campbell was sidelined due to injury. But Palmer hasn't really been a solution; he's a journeyman stopgap that you paid an "elite" price for.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #808
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
The difference is that we didn't invest future picks in our QB; but you did. Hey, I get it that you had few attractive options when Campbell was sidelined due to injury. But Palmer hasn't really been a solution; he's a journeyman stopgap that you paid an "elite" price for.
Niether did the current Raiders' staff. But they have to deal with it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #809
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Judging by your AV you don't mind Palmer. But you have to admit USC QBs have problems in the pros. Barkley is the next to disappoint?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #810
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Judging by your AV you don't mind Palmer. But you have to admit USC QBs have problems in the pros. Barkley is the next to disappoint?
They are "running back U" not "quarterback U" , but hopefully Barkley can break that trend. Unless he goes to the queefs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #811
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Niether did the current Raiders' staff. But they have to deal with it.
My point was: in light of the Palmer deal made by the Raiders front office, for Raider fans to criticize the Broncos' acquisition of Manning is like furiously hurling rocks from inside a glass house. J/S.

Manning + no draft picks for Indy is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(exponentially a better deal than) Palmer + 2 high draft picks for the Bengals.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #812
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
My point was: in light of the Palmer deal made by the Raiders front office, for Raider fans to criticize the Broncos' acquisition of Manning is like furiously hurling rocks from inside a glass house. J/S.

Manning + no draft picks for Indy is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(exponentially a better deal than) Palmer + 2 high draft picks for the Bengals.
I agree with you, the Manning deal is a better deal. But that's not my argument.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:23 AM   #813
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
I agree with you, the Manning deal is a better deal. But that's not my argument.
Um... then what is your argument? It's obvious that you don't agree with us that it was a major coup to acquire a future HOF'er... who is currently playing like a league MVP. Manning appears to have been worth every penny Bowlen is paying him. And then some.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:28 AM   #814
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Um... then what is your argument? It's obvious that you don't agree with us that it was a major coup to acquire a future HOF'er... who is currently playing like a league MVP. Manning appears to have been worth every penny Bowlen is paying him. And then some.
Nope, someone else said basically the same thing and I just said like I am telling you now that I am just giving a "flip side" to the Peyton signing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #815
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Nope, someone else said basically the same thing and I just said like I am telling you now that I am just giving a "flip side" to the Peyton signing.
I don't believe there truly is a "flip side" to the Peyton signing; a FA player is either worth the compensation that was given up for him... or he isn't. Manning clearly is worth it; the jury's still out on Palmer. *shrug*
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #816
Sassy
Ring of Famer
 
Sassy's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: ND
Posts: 37,667

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
I don't believe there truly is a "flip side" to the Peyton signing; a FA player is either worth the compensation that was given up for him... or he isn't. Manning clearly is worth it; the jury's still out on Palmer. *shrug*
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #817
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,312

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Palmer is having a decent year for him. Unfortunately he will start sucking before Peyton and will likely be out of football before him as well.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #818
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
I don't believe there truly is a "flip side" to the Peyton signing; a FA player is either worth the compensation that was given up for him... or he isn't. Manning clearly is worth it; the jury's still out on Palmer. *shrug*
Peyton was brought to Denver for 1 reason and 1reason only.....to bring a SB championship win to the Broncos. If that doesn't happen in his short time in Denver.....his signing is a complete FAIL.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #819
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Palmer is having a decent year for him. Unfortunately he will start sucking before Peyton and will likely be out of football before him as well.
Possibly
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #820
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,936

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Peyton was brought to Denver for 1 reason and 1reason only.....to bring a SB championship win to the Broncos. If that doesn't happen in his short time in Denver.....his signing is a complete FAIL.
Speaking of complete fails.....I hear El Paso is really hip on New Year's Eve. I'm sure Matt Barkley will have a blast there.
__________________


BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #821
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Peyton was brought to Denver for 1 reason and 1reason only.....to bring a SB championship win to the Broncos. If that doesn't happen in his short time in Denver.....his signing is a complete FAIL.
While a SB win would be awesome, I adamantly disagree that it was the sole reason he was brought to Denver. He was brought in to win football games. But an additional motivation for acquiring an elite QB was to gain the public relations capital for shipping Tebow out of town. Had the front office not placed a clear upgrade on the roster first, there would have been howls of protest and outrage at the slightest hint that Tebow would not be the Broncos' starter on opening day 2012.

And the signing is already a complete success because we no longer have a QB controversy in Denver.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:28 AM   #822
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,754

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Palmer is not all world ....ala Peyton....but he has been carrying an offense that is improving. But the Raiders have a very long way to go.

Palmer is 7-9 as a starter in oakland - Has thrown 22 touchdowns and 21 interceptions - Barely completing 60% of his passes. Great use of a 1st and 2nd round pick.





Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #823
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Speaking of complete fails.....I hear El Paso is really hip on New Year's Eve. I'm sure Matt Barkley will have a blast there.
USC D doomed the season. It does suck.....but damn it! Fight on!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #824
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Palmer is 7-9 as a starter in oakland - Has thrown 22 touchdowns and 21 interceptions - Barely completing 60% of his passes. Great use of a 1st and 2nd round pick.





Most if not all of you are missing the point. I am not argueing that the Palmer trade was worth it. Heck, I am not even saying he is a great QB on par with Peyton. It's like talking to small children.

"But.....but....but......your QB and team sucks!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #825
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
While a SB win would be awesome, I adamantly disagree that it was the sole reason he was brought to Denver. He was brought in to win football games. But an additional motivation for acquiring an elite QB was to gain the public relations capital for shipping Tebow out of town. Had the front office not placed a clear upgrade on the roster first, there would have been howls of protest and outrage at the slightest hint that Tebow would not be the Broncos' starter on opening day 2012.

And the signing is already a complete success because we no longer have a QB controversy in Denver.
If that's all you, the fan base, and the Broncos orginzation want out of this.......fail.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Denver Broncos