The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #801
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Fight on..you're in denial. You say we dance around subjects? Take a look at what i asked you repeatedly to no response. I even responded to yours. So until you care to have a conversarion im done.

Otm 1
Fight on-1
Ask again, I mostly likely didn't notice it after being bombarded.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #802
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Your whole argument is flawed. You keep saying that once Manning retires the Broncos will be in some kind of trouble yet you ignore the fact that the Broncos are at least trying to have a young QB ready to go when Manning retires. Osweiler is raw, but he's got some talent.

Fact is, you conviniently ignore the plight that the faiders are in with a much worse older QB. You are pointing at the Broncos and making up hypothetical scenarios based on your bias yet you are completely ignoring your own teams nasty problems.

I really do think you are KCPud. You are displaying his exact same qualities as a poster.
1. Palmer is younger than Peyton
2. I have no problem admitting to the Raiders' short comings.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #803
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Palmer also sucks, badly. Don't forget that. As for the Broncos, I'm excited about the future because of Manning, not in spite of him.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #804
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Palmer's not "that much" younger than Manning...

Manning: March 24, 1976
Palmer: December 27, 1979

Neither one constitutes "building for the future".
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #805
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Palmer's not "that much" younger than Manning...

Manning: March 24, 1976
Palmer: December 27, 1979

Neither one constitutes "building for the future".
You're correct
Old 11-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #806
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Palmer also sucks, badly. Don't forget that. As for the Broncos, I'm excited about the future because of Manning, not in spite of him.
Palmer is not all world ....ala Peyton....but he has been carrying an offense that is improving. But the Raiders have a very long way to go.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #807
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
You're correct
The difference is that we didn't invest future picks in our QB; but you did. Hey, I get it that you had few attractive options when Campbell was sidelined due to injury. But Palmer hasn't really been a solution; he's a journeyman stopgap that you paid an "elite" price for.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #808
Fight_On!

Quote:
The difference is that we didn't invest future picks in our QB; but you did. Hey, I get it that you had few attractive options when Campbell was sidelined due to injury. But Palmer hasn't really been a solution; he's a journeyman stopgap that you paid an "elite" price for.
Niether did the current Raiders' staff. But they have to deal with it.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #809
Drunken.Broncoholic

Judging by your AV you don't mind Palmer. But you have to admit USC QBs have problems in the pros. Barkley is the next to disappoint?
Old 11-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #810
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Judging by your AV you don't mind Palmer. But you have to admit USC QBs have problems in the pros. Barkley is the next to disappoint?
They are "running back U" not "quarterback U" , but hopefully Barkley can break that trend. Unless he goes to the queefs.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #811
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Niether did the current Raiders' staff. But they have to deal with it.
My point was: in light of the Palmer deal made by the Raiders front office, for Raider fans to criticize the Broncos' acquisition of Manning is like furiously hurling rocks from inside a glass house. J/S.

Manning + no draft picks for Indy is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(exponentially a better deal than) Palmer + 2 high draft picks for the Bengals.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #812
Fight_On!

Quote:
My point was: in light of the Palmer deal made by the Raiders front office, for Raider fans to criticize the Broncos' acquisition of Manning is like furiously hurling rocks from inside a glass house. J/S.

Manning + no draft picks for Indy is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(exponentially a better deal than) Palmer + 2 high draft picks for the Bengals.
I agree with you, the Manning deal is a better deal. But that's not my argument.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:23 AM   #813
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
I agree with you, the Manning deal is a better deal. But that's not my argument.
Um... then what is your argument? It's obvious that you don't agree with us that it was a major coup to acquire a future HOF'er... who is currently playing like a league MVP. Manning appears to have been worth every penny Bowlen is paying him. And then some.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:28 AM   #814
Fight_On!

Quote:
Um... then what is your argument? It's obvious that you don't agree with us that it was a major coup to acquire a future HOF'er... who is currently playing like a league MVP. Manning appears to have been worth every penny Bowlen is paying him. And then some.
Nope, someone else said basically the same thing and I just said like I am telling you now that I am just giving a "flip side" to the Peyton signing.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #815
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Nope, someone else said basically the same thing and I just said like I am telling you now that I am just giving a "flip side" to the Peyton signing.
I don't believe there truly is a "flip side" to the Peyton signing; a FA player is either worth the compensation that was given up for him... or he isn't. Manning clearly is worth it; the jury's still out on Palmer. *shrug*
Old 11-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #816
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
I don't believe there truly is a "flip side" to the Peyton signing; a FA player is either worth the compensation that was given up for him... or he isn't. Manning clearly is worth it; the jury's still out on Palmer. *shrug*
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #817
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Palmer is having a decent year for him. Unfortunately he will start sucking before Peyton and will likely be out of football before him as well.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #818
Fight_On!

Quote:
Peyton was brought to Denver for 1 reason and 1reason only.....to bring a SB championship win to the Broncos. If that doesn't happen in his short time in Denver.....his signing is a complete FAIL.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #819
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Palmer is having a decent year for him. Unfortunately he will start sucking before Peyton and will likely be out of football before him as well.
Possibly
Old 11-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #820
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Peyton was brought to Denver for 1 reason and 1reason only.....to bring a SB championship win to the Broncos. If that doesn't happen in his short time in Denver.....his signing is a complete FAIL.
Speaking of complete fails.....I hear El Paso is really hip on New Year's Eve. I'm sure Matt Barkley will have a blast there.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #821
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
While a SB win would be awesome, I adamantly disagree that it was the sole reason he was brought to Denver. He was brought in to win football games. But an additional motivation for acquiring an elite QB was to gain the public relations capital for shipping Tebow out of town. Had the front office not placed a clear upgrade on the roster first, there would have been howls of protest and outrage at the slightest hint that Tebow would not be the Broncos' starter on opening day 2012.

And the signing is already a complete success because we no longer have a QB controversy in Denver.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:28 AM   #822
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Palmer is not all world ....ala Peyton....but he has been carrying an offense that is improving. But the Raiders have a very long way to go.

Palmer is 7-9 as a starter in oakland - Has thrown 22 touchdowns and 21 interceptions - Barely completing 60% of his passes. Great use of a 1st and 2nd round pick.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #823
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Speaking of complete fails.....I hear El Paso is really hip on New Year's Eve. I'm sure Matt Barkley will have a blast there.
USC D doomed the season. It does suck.....but damn it! Fight on!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #824
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Palmer is 7-9 as a starter in oakland - Has thrown 22 touchdowns and 21 interceptions - Barely completing 60% of his passes. Great use of a 1st and 2nd round pick.

Most if not all of you are missing the point. I am not argueing that the Palmer trade was worth it. Heck, I am not even saying he is a great QB on par with Peyton. It's like talking to small children.

"But.....but....but......your QB and team sucks!"
Old 11-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #825
Fight_On!

Quote:
While a SB win would be awesome, I adamantly disagree that it was the sole reason he was brought to Denver. He was brought in to win football games. But an additional motivation for acquiring an elite QB was to gain the public relations capital for shipping Tebow out of town. Had the front office not placed a clear upgrade on the roster first, there would have been howls of protest and outrage at the slightest hint that Tebow would not be the Broncos' starter on opening day 2012.

And the signing is already a complete success because we no longer have a QB controversy in Denver.
If that's all you, the fan base, and the Broncos orginzation want out of this.......fail.