The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #1701
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
From what I've heard, Mike McCoy might be a great candidate. Also heard Shannahan's son might get a gig too.
McCoy would be a fantastic candidate. Please hire him.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #1702
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Are there any top-notch QB prospects this year? I don't watch a ton of college football, but I haven't seen anyone who looks particularly NFL ready.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #1703
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Are there any top-notch QB prospects this year? I don't watch a ton of college football, but I haven't seen anyone who looks particularly NFL ready.
Geno Smith should be the top pick
He is pretty good, but has struggled a bit last couple weeks

After him I would imagine it is Barkley from USC and Tyler Wilson

I personally am not a big Barkley fan, but Wilson is interesting

I think it was McShay who said he thought this current class was down this year as far as elite qb talent
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #1704
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
They would beat the Chiefs now and all those Bisons are way dead.
I think if KFC played either the worst team in football ever or the best college team they would drive on them all day have epic stats but the turnovers would make it a blowout.

How do you get strip sacked in the endzone, then the next drive throw a pick 6? then late in the game after scoring your 1st TD and getting a stop muff the punt?

LUTZ is how.

The best part is that Hunt won't do anything during the season, it is not like there is anyone on the staff that can take over from Romeo mid season so they have to watch this abomination for the rest of the year then hope they can find a decent HC and GM that will come there and then hope they hit on the draft!

That is a lot of hoping, and plus there is all those growing pains in order to break in a rookie QB! kFc will suck for a long time to come.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #1705
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I think if KFC played either the worst team in football ever or the best college team they would drive on them all day have epic stats but the turnovers would make it a blowout.

How do you get strip sacked in the endzone, then the next drive throw a pick 6? then late in the game after scoring your 1st TD and getting a stop muff the punt?

LUTZ is how.

The best part is that Hunt won't do anything during the season, it is not like there is anyone on the staff that can take over from Romeo mid season so they have to watch this abomination for the rest of the year then hope they can find a decent HC and GM that will come there and then hope they hit on the draft!

That is a lot of hoping, and plus there is all those growing pains in order to break in a rookie QB! kFc will suck for a long time to come.
not to mention they likely will be breaking in the QB w/o any decent passing options. Bowe is likely out the door already. New QB will have to learn the ropes throwing to the likes of Baldwin who hasn't shown a damn thing so far as a pro, Breaston, and Moeaki. Charles is a good CoP type of back - good in limited touches, but IMO he's not the type of back you can build an offense around.

Gonna be lots of growing pains. Defense should be stout, but then again, they should be stout this year.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #1706
FearLanier

Quote:

LUTZ is how.

I don't expect Hunt to do anything in season. If he did, Zorn would probably be the interim HC. I fully expect Pioli to be fired on December 31st and a new GM to come in sometime in January.

As for rookie QB's, the learning curve is no longer 3 years because young QB's are being better prepared for NFL offense's. As of last week, rookie QB's from this class were an even 31-31 and the top 3 QB's have looked really good thus far.

As for the 2013 QB class, I would take these prospects over a lot of draft classes in recent years with the exception of the 2012 class.

A rookie QB is very dependent on where he goes, how set up the team is around him and who the HC is. Case and point, Ryan Tannehill. He's done a great job because of coaching and a defense that has his back. Miami is a wild card team right now. Great coaching by Philbin down there.

Last edited by FearLanier; 11-02-2012 at 11:46 AM..
Old 11-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #1707
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
I don't expect Hunt to do anything in season. If he did, Zorn would probably be the interim HC. I fully expect Pioli to be fired on December 31st and a new GM to come in sometime in January.

As for rookie QB's, the learning curve is no longer 3 years because young QB's are being better prepared for NFL offense's. As of last week, rookie QB's from this class were an even 31-31 and the top 3 QB's have looked really good thus far.

As for the 2013 QB class, I would take these prospects over a lot of draft classes in recent years with the exception of the 2012 class.

A rookie QB is very dependent on where he goes, how set up the team is around him and who the HC is. Case and point, Ryan Tannehill. He's done a great job because of coaching and a defense that has his back. Miami is a wild card team right now. Great coaching by Philbin down there.
Who you going to get to be the HC and turn the Titanic around?

2 HC's in 2 years and it is only getting worse.

Everyone knows Romeo was a terrible move, look at his career winning % but who is the next hotshot HC that is going to make you guys competitive?
Old 11-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #1708
FearLanier

Quote:
Who you going to get to be the HC and turn the Titanic around?

2 HC's in 2 years and it is only getting worse.

Everyone knows Romeo was a terrible move, look at his career winning % but who is the next hotshot HC that is going to make you guys competitive?
Good question! I'm not really sure. Good thing it's not my job. But the good part is that Pioli won't be the one deciding this.

If it were my choice, I'd take Chip Kelly. He's the most organized, creative and respected coach out there. He's really got his stuff together. I think he'll be the hottest coaching candidate in January.

Tampa Bay tried to snag him last spring and rumors are the Browns are already on his trail.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #1709
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:

LUTZ is how.

Maybe they will give McD a shot
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #1710
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Old 11-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #1711
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Caption this: Lose Or Lose
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #1712
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Good question! I'm not really sure. Good thing it's not my job. But the good part is that Pioli won't be the one deciding this.

If it were my choice, I'd take Chip Kelly. He's the most organized, creative and respected coach out there. He's really got his stuff together. I think he'll be the hottest coaching candidate in January.

Tampa Bay tried to snag him last spring and rumors are the Browns are already on his trail.
Honestly I don't hate McCoy like others do here. He does well on the fly which is a good thing for a HC. To many of them never change, and what he did with Tebow was amazing. That said I hope you guys get him or someone else does so Denver can get Tom Moore.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #1713
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Honestly I don't hate McCoy like others do here. He does well on the fly which is a good thing for a HC. To many of them never change, and what he did with Tebow was amazing. That said I hope you guys get him or someone else does so Denver can get Tom Moore.
I like McCoy he has adapted to the strengths of both Tebow and Manning, I think he was trying to adjust to Orton's strengths but Orton does not have any.

I would prefer to keep McCoy where he is and keep the continuity.

Meanwhile kFc will be on their 3rd HC in 3 years, unheard of!
Old 11-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #1714
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #1715
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Game over man.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #1716
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Doesn't really matter who the Chiefs hire as their next GM or head coach. They are such a joke of a franchise at this point that no qualified coaches/executives would dare step foot in the country's largest trailer park that is KC.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #1717
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
Doesn't really matter who the Chiefs hire as their next GM or head coach. They are such a joke of a franchise at this point that no qualified coaches/executives would dare step foot in the country's largest trailer park that is KC.
Nah. Pioli is the reason for this catastrophe. Clark has done a good job as an owner thus far.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #1718
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

could the chiefs beat a junior high school football team ?
if so how many points ?
man i feel sorta bad piling on the chiefs bad luck .
they make nice bbq ribs i guess never been to kfc land.
dont think i ever will go there since i dont know anyone there.

Last edited by DAN_BRONCO_FAN; 11-02-2012 at 02:59 PM..
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #1719
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Nah. Pioli is the reason for this catastrophe. Clark has done a good job as an owner thus far.
Really?

The OL has no depth (Hochstein sucks, Lilja can't snap),
you have no WR depth outside of Bowe,
a talented D on paper gives up late in the game,
the front 7 outside of Hali doesn't stick to their basics/assignments,
and the only guy outside of Hali that I saw play with a chip on his shoulder was Dorsey before he got injured.

That's not even mentioning special teams that suck and were getting into fights every 2nd return, Baldwin/Cassel yelling at each in the first half, and Daboll going ape**** on the sidelines.

There are serious problems in the coaching staff all the way to Crennel who looks half asleep on the sidelines.

You don't just need a new GM, but a veteran coaching staff, 2 DBs, a proper NT, two WRs (with Bowe likely out) and break in a rookie QB next year.

That's close to a 3 year rebuild.

Last edited by fontaine; 11-02-2012 at 03:49 PM..
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #1720
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Really?

and the only guy outside of Hali that I saw play with a chip on his shoulder was Dorsey before he got injured.

That's not even mentioning special teams that suck and were getting into fights every 2nd return, Baldwin/Cassel yelling at each in the first half, and Daboll going ape**** on the sidelines.

There are serious problems in the coaching staff all the way to Crennel who looks half asleep on the sidelines.

You don't just need a new GM, but a veteran coaching staff, 2 DBs, a proper NT, two WRs (with Bowe likely out) and break in a rookie QB next year.

Pioli has actually done a decent job on the OL IMO. I loved the Rodney Hudson and Jeff Allen picks. Hudson is the most decorated FSU OL (he broke his leg 2 games ago) and Allen had the experience in college+talent+bloodlines (got a concussion). I also loved the Justin Houston pick. I think he could be a very special player.
As for Baldwin, I really think coaching and a QB will do wonders for him. He has talent, no question. He just needs someone to keep pushing him like Haley did.

I think the rest is coaching. This team reminds me of the 2010 49ers (but they are playing much worse football) in that the team has good pieces, but the coaching and QB play is horrific.

Chiefs do have some holes to fill I agree, and I hope the next GM puts a big emphasis on the defensive line (via free agency or 2nd rd preferably). I think if you have a strong defense and a franchise QB you can beat anybody in the NFL.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #1721
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Really?

I loved seeing that they not only picked up Hockstein this week but he was starting! That dude is hot garbage and that was the best they could come up with?

Here is something to think about. Why not find a retread C instead so you can move Lija back to a position he is sorta good at and have clean snaps that don't cause fumbles or huge yardage losses like on the WC play.

I think the only player outside of Colquitt I liked last night was McCluster. He is a baller, too bad for him he is too small to be full time player. Love his speed and quickness but he is more of a situational back/slot WR.

The rest was just overrated trash.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #1722
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I don't think they will necessarily need a total rebuild, but they probably will (say what?). They're going to fire the GM, who will fire Crennel and likely bring in a coach who doesn't run the same system. That means a lot of players and personnel who don't match what they do right now. They could sign someone who wants to keep doing the 3-4 thing, but that could go either way. They won't need to totally blow up the team, but it will be a few years.

I want to take this time to thank John Elway for bringing in John Fox, getting us to the playoffs that same year, and then signing Peyton Manning the year after and bringing in Del Rio. I definitely think with the right guy, the Chiefs could be back in a couple years. We lucked into bad division in the first year of our rebuild. The Raiders and Broncos won't be crappy next season so the Chiefs will need that extra year, but two years, maybe three - if they land a decent GM and coach - and they can get things righted.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #1723
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Really? Who made the decision to hire Pioli?
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #1724
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't think they will necessarily need a total rebuild, but they probably will (say what?). They're going to fire the GM, who will fire Crennel and likely bring in a coach who doesn't run the same system. That means a lot of players and personnel who don't match what they do right now. They could sign someone who wants to keep doing the 3-4 thing, but that could go either way. They won't need to totally blow up the team, but it will be a few years.

I want to take this time to thank John Elway for bringing in John Fox, getting us to the playoffs that same year, and then signing Peyton Manning the year after and bringing in Del Rio. I definitely think with the right guy, the Chiefs could be back in a couple years. We lucked into bad division in the first year of our rebuild. The Raiders and Broncos won't be crappy next season so the Chiefs will need that extra year, but two years, maybe three - if they land a decent GM and coach - and they can get things righted.
Great post, though I think it would be stupid to not run a 3-4 since Justin Houston is our best players and would really have no place in a 4-3.

A lot of this will depend on who they pick for a QB. I pray to God it's Tyler Wilson. I really like that kid.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #1725
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
I think the only player outside of Colquitt I liked last night was McCluster. He is a baller, too bad for him he is too small to be full time player. Love his speed and quickness but he is more of a situational back/slot WR.
Funny, considering he pulled Moreno's patented "celebrate like you won the SB when you're down big" after a 10 yard gain last night. I know how much you like to bag on Moreno for it, but at least Moreno saved it for TDs. A 10 yard gain, on a one win team, when you're losing big? Classic moment.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote