The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #776
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
As of now the Raiders are not set for the future at QB, but I am talking about Denver. Here is the problem with the Peyton signing. Unless the Denver Peytons win atleast one SB in the 2-3 years he is there, the signing is a failure. Not only that, in the 2-3 years that Denver may have 10+ wins or better, they will be drafting consistently low and not in the 1st 3 rounds. It's SB or bust and the odds are not on Denver's favor.

This is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. The same could be said then for ANY free agent or trade for any team. I you do not win the superbowl it was a failure.

If the raiders dont win a superbowl with palmer it was a failure
If the pats dont win a superbowl with aquib talib and the raiders first round pick from seymour it was a failure
If the panthers dont win a superbowl with Cam or tolbert its a failure
If the chargers dont win with eddie royal its a failure
If the cardinals dont win with kevin kolb its a failure
If the eagles dont win with DRC and the pick from kolb its a failure
If the cheifs dont win with cassell or quinn its a failure

I could do this for all 32 teams in the NFL.

What a stupid thing to say.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #777
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Seriously, just stop. Are you set for a SB in the next few seasons with Carson Palmer? You just used up 2 first round picks to do just that. Now who is closer and better for the future with their new QB? Seems we got our QB without losing any draft picks and you used up 2 possible players that can get you over the hump. Let me ask you this: After, hell WITH PALMER, are the Faiders set up for success (?), um no.

We really thought you were a different breed of Raider fan. Either you are KCDud's alternate account or you went brain dead. Seriously, teams change after a few years and we are going for that opportunity. What better way then to get the best FA QB out there in 2012? If you can't see the teams improvement on not only offense but defense, we can't help your pea brain thinking. Enjoy the rest of the season. I know we will be doing just that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You forgot to tell him how many picks we had to give up to sign PEYTON FK'N MANNING
Old man, see bold. Don't read between the lines. I need to spell it out for the Faider fans that come a trolling. If i hide anything in the paragraph, fat chance he would see it.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #778
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I wish the raiders were decent love the rivalry. However i dont mind when we blow em out neither.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #779
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

BTW, don't fall for Fight On's crap. He is doing a KCDude impersonation (and probably him anyways since he is here when Dude is banned).
Simply put, we don't know what is in store for our team. We have a few very tough teams to deal with in the playoffs. I do know that we are going to the playoffs. Anything less would be a collosal fail. That is what the Raiders have done since they got blown out in the Super Bowl. Nothing but absolute crap. How do they rebuild? By wasting two 1st round picks on an average QB that won't get them far. Those 2 picks, if done correctly, could be a minimum 5 years to life of nothing but greatness for that team. Instead the Raiders won't be getting that opportunity plus they know their QB is average. That is a waiting game and the rebuilding doesn't start. Broncos are improving on both sides of the ball, they make the playoffs as a legitimate threat and have a QB in the wings to take over. We don't know his ability just yet but the fact he is behind Manning is a great plus.
To all the Raider fans (and that would be just one brain dead left) here at the Mane, did Manning also beat you on defense too? Seems our D gave you exactly ZERO touchdowns to work with and 6 points total. 37 to 6 sounds like a balanced game from all 3 phases.
Not sure why you are fighting it. This is a thread about the Raiders Sucking. There is no way you can dispute that or that we actually suck. No excuses of rebuilding. There is no proof of that and you guys are failing at it too. Enjoy your season. Looks like it will be actually worse than last season. Wow, in other words, Raiders suck!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #780
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
So your just happy to have the guy? Lame
Yup happy as hell and you would be too. Deny it.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #781
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Old man, see bold. Don't read between the lines. I need to spell it out for the Faider fans that come a trolling. If i hide anything in the paragraph, fat chance he would see it.
I see

.....and someday you will be happy as hell to be my age as the only other option is early death.

BTW I would not be 20 something again even if I could. I love who I am right now. Life gets better with age if you play your cards right. Remember that sonny!.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #782
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Dennis Allen has this team improving each week. They are even more disciplined, against KC they were penalized only twice for 20yds. The offense has taken the longest to come around, but it's starting to gel. The next time these two teams meet, it should be a far more competive game even after the half.

It took overtime to beat a Jags team with out Maurice Jones Drew and their starting quarterback. The chefs are the worst team in the NFL. You've got third place all sewn up.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #783
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Last I checked the Packers drafted Rogers and he sat behind Farve for a couple of years. I'm pretty sure the Broncos drafted a QB high in the draft last year to sit behind Manning for a couple of years.

Please like you wouldn't dig up Al Davis' skeleton for a chance to rent Peyton Manning for a couple of years. Once again, Denver's FO is employing a strategy of both drafting and developing players and acquiring the best available talent via free-agency. They got tired of being mediocre and made a move to improve the franchise. And what's funny, is Oakland hasn't even been good enough to make the move to contender from mediocre the past 10 years because they've been so ****ing bad.

8-8, 8-8, 5-11, 5-11, 4-12, 2-14, 5-11, 4-12. At least Bronco fans acknowledged that they sucked during the end of the McDaniel's era. At least Chef fans acknowledge how badly their franchise has sucked. Raider fan is seriously too collectively stupid to fully comprehend how bad their franchise has been the past decade.

Raiders fans collectively stupid!? I will forgive your ignorance once.

Back to Peyton. Most of you are collectively dancing around the question I posted. Elway did not sign Peyton to feel good and for hope but to win now. To win the SB and anything short of that is an epic fail because Denver only has a 2-3 year window with Peyton. After that, the Broncos don't have **** and fall from Denver Peytons to Denver Broncos.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #784
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
It took overtime to beat a Jags team with out Maurice Jones Drew and their starting quarterback. The chefs are the worst team in the NFL. You've got third place all sewn up.

We shall see. You may be right. This game vs TB will tells us more.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #785
Fight_On!

Quote:
Yup happy as hell and you would be too. Deny it.
Yes and no. At the present he makes the team competive but in 2-3 years then what?
Old 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #786
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Yes and no. At the present he makes the team competive but in 2-3 years then what?
The Era of OZ.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #787
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Worry about that then.

You really suggesting not signing Peyton Manning because he may be the best QB ever for just 2 or 3 years more.

That's why we drafted his replacement in the second round.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #788
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
You're not looking at the entire picture. Signing Manning also got rid of a player Elway did not want. That's a win for him back in spring.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #789
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Hilarious. You gave up a 1st and 2nd pick to sign Palmer to a 4 year contract, and you are trying to make the argument that we are in trouble in 3 years? I'll ask the same question of you:

In 2-3 years, then what?

Answer: You'll suck even more.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #790
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Seriously with the protection Manning is getting and the way he plays the position he could easily play into his 40's.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #791
Drunken.Broncoholic

It's just finally setting in to these rival fans that Manning isn't going anywhere. Most of these trolls said he'd be hurt by week 3. In fact, everything they predicted about his game turned out wrong. The best way for these people to relieve their anxiety is to now push it down the road 3 years claiming the broncos are in trouble then.

They just can't handle seeing the broncos on top of the West.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #792
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

It's not even worth arguing over whether or not Palmer or Manning was the better acquisition; clearly Manning was. First... because Indy released him, we didn't have to give the Colts any compensation whatsoever (as opposed to the 2 high draft picks Oakland gave to Cincy for the mediocre-at-best Palmer). Secondly, the level of play from the 2 QBs isn't even close to comparable. Manning's elite; Palmer is not and never has been.

It's a no-brainer, Fight On... any time you can acquire a player who's among the best who ever played at his position, then you do it. Especially if there's no compensation to his former team. But then, even if we had needed to give up a first and a second (or even more), Manning would have been worth it; playing (as he is) well enough to be an early favorite for league MVP honors.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #793
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Too much was given up for the Palmer signing. But that was a different staff and the current one has to deal with it.

I pose the question again, what is success for your beloved Denver Peytons?
The success of ridding us of tebow circus was what came with signing.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #794
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Fight on..you're in denial. You say we dance around subjects? Take a look at what i asked you repeatedly to no response. I even responded to yours. So until you care to have a conversarion im done.

Otm 1
Fight on-1
Old 11-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #795
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Fight on..you're in denial. You say we dance around subjects? Take a look at what i asked you repeatedly to no response. I even responded to yours. So until you care to have a conversarion im done.

Otm 1
Fight on-1
Old 11-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #796
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Raiders fans collectively stupid!? I will forgive your ignorance once.

Back to Peyton. Most of you are collectively dancing around the question I posted. Elway did not sign Peyton to feel good and for hope but to win now. To win the SB and anything short of that is an epic fail because Denver only has a 2-3 year window with Peyton. After that, the Broncos don't have **** and fall from Denver Peytons to Denver Broncos.
The Broncos are grooming a very raw talent at QB so you are wrong, again. Go away KCPud.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #797
Fight_On!

Quote:
Worry about that then.

You really suggesting not signing Peyton Manning because he may be the best QB ever for just 2 or 3 years more.

That's why we drafted his replacement in the second round.
Peyton would make any team better for the next 2-3 years. But it doesn't set the team up for long term success. A signing like Peyton is a SB win or bust signing.

Most of know this, but are unwilling to admit it.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #798
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Broncos are grooming a very raw talent at QB so you are wrong, again. Go away KCPud.
The same could said about Terel Pryor, but I'm not counting on him.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #799
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It's just finally setting in to these rival fans that Manning isn't going anywhere. Most of these trolls said he'd be hurt by week 3. In fact, everything they predicted about his game turned out wrong. The best way for these people to relieve their anxiety is to now push it down the road 3 years claiming the broncos are in trouble then.

They just can't handle seeing the broncos on top of the West for years to come.

FYP
Old 11-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #800
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
The same could said about Terel Pryor, but I'm not counting on him.
Your whole argument is flawed. You keep saying that once Manning retires the Broncos will be in some kind of trouble yet you ignore the fact that the Broncos are at least trying to have a young QB ready to go when Manning retires. Osweiler is raw, but he's got some talent.

Fact is, you conviniently ignore the plight that the faiders are in with a much worse older QB. You are pointing at the Broncos and making up hypothetical scenarios based on your bias yet you are completely ignoring your own teams nasty problems.

I really do think you are KCPud. You are displaying his exact same qualities as a poster.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote