The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #1701
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't think they will necessarily need a total rebuild, but they probably will (say what?). They're going to fire the GM, who will fire Crennel and likely bring in a coach who doesn't run the same system. That means a lot of players and personnel who don't match what they do right now. They could sign someone who wants to keep doing the 3-4 thing, but that could go either way. They won't need to totally blow up the team, but it will be a few years.

I want to take this time to thank John Elway for bringing in John Fox, getting us to the playoffs that same year, and then signing Peyton Manning the year after and bringing in Del Rio. I definitely think with the right guy, the Chiefs could be back in a couple years. We lucked into bad division in the first year of our rebuild. The Raiders and Broncos won't be crappy next season so the Chiefs will need that extra year, but two years, maybe three - if they land a decent GM and coach - and they can get things righted.
Great post, though I think it would be stupid to not run a 3-4 since Justin Houston is our best players and would really have no place in a 4-3.

A lot of this will depend on who they pick for a QB. I pray to God it's Tyler Wilson. I really like that kid.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #1702
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 22,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I think the only player outside of Colquitt I liked last night was McCluster. He is a baller, too bad for him he is too small to be full time player. Love his speed and quickness but he is more of a situational back/slot WR.
Funny, considering he pulled Moreno's patented "celebrate like you won the SB when you're down big" after a 10 yard gain last night. I know how much you like to bag on Moreno for it, but at least Moreno saved it for TDs. A 10 yard gain, on a one win team, when you're losing big? Classic moment.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #1703
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
Really? Who made the decision to hire Pioli?
Clark fired Carl Peterson, which nobody thought he would do because of loyalty.

Then he signed Pioli which was a huge home run at the time we hired him. Everybody thought it was a fantastic hire. And he made him the highest paid GM in the NFL.

It showed that Clark wants to win and will spend money to do so. Sad that it didn't work out, but I have no doubt Clark will go after another guy who is viewed highly in the NFL.
Clark also stated he wants a first round QB.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #1704
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser
 
Bronco Boy's Avatar
 
Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York. **** you too.
Posts: 2,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Clark fired Carl Peterson, which nobody thought he would do because of loyalty.

Then he signed Pioli which was a huge home run at the time we hired him. Everybody thought it was a fantastic hire. And he made him the highest paid GM in the NFL.

It showed that Clark wants to win and will spend money to do so. Sad that it didn't work out, but I have no doubt Clark will go after another guy who is viewed highly in the NFL.
Clark also stated he wants a first round QB.
He clearly did a poor job with the interview process.

Pioli a home run? More like a pop up.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #1705
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser
 
Bronco Boy's Avatar
 
Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York. **** you too.
Posts: 2,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Great post, though I think it would be stupid to not run a 3-4 since Justin Houston is our best players and would really have no place in a 4-3.

A lot of this will depend on who they pick for a QB. I pray to God it's Tyler Wilson. I really like that kid.
Praying to God about the Chiefs is a fool's errand. What makes you think God is a Chiefs fan?
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #1706
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 47,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Funny, considering he pulled Moreno's patented "celebrate like you won the SB when you're down big" after a 10 yard gain last night. I know how much you like to bag on Moreno for it, but at least Moreno saved it for TDs. A 10 yard gain, on a one win team, when you're losing big? Classic moment.
Yep, I saw that and agree it was stupid to do.

mCc seemed to be the only guy trying though, maybe it was garbage time but he had a nice burst getting out of the backfield and pretty good vision, both things KM never had.

Charles and Hillis were terrible and Droughns is nothing special.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #1707
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 52,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Great post, though I think it would be stupid to not run a 3-4 since Justin Houston is our best players and would really have no place in a 4-3.

A lot of this will depend on who they pick for a QB. I pray to God it's Tyler Wilson. I really like that kid.
Lying in bed....like Tyler Wilson did....
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #1708
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Lying in bed....like Tyler Wilson did....
I doubt many caught the Barenaked Ladies reference there.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #1709
loborugger
lost in the ether
 
loborugger's Avatar
 
Did we finally get a FB???

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The 'cuse
Posts: 5,856

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Funny, considering he pulled Moreno's patented "celebrate like you won the SB when you're down big" after a 10 yard gain last night. I know how much you like to bag on Moreno for it, but at least Moreno saved it for TDs. A 10 yard gain, on a one win team, when you're losing big? Classic moment.
I watched those celebrations and thought that it was pretty cheesy, too. Sorta like when our defensive players used to dance around and make a big deal about tackling a player on 2nd and 8 after a 6 yard gain back in 06/07. Those were the days...
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:34 AM   #1710
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Chiefs won't do anything with Geno Smith next year, so next year will be a rebuilding year for sure.

2nd year of Geno's reign we could be very good. There are some nice pieces on the squad. Need a couple DBs, probably 2 new starting DL to play 1-gap 3-4, and a couple of receivers unless Breaston and Bowe both stay.

Chiefs will suck if Bowe leaves because Charles can't do it all.

What would really help is if a guy like Jon Baldwin or Dontari Poe steps up next season but don't see that happening.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #1711
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 47,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Chiefs won't do anything with Geno Smith next year, so next year will be a rebuilding year for sure.

2nd year of Geno's reign we could be very good. There are some nice pieces on the squad. Need a couple DBs, probably 2 new starting DL to play 1-gap 3-4, and a couple of receivers unless Breaston and Bowe both stay.

Chiefs will suck if Bowe leaves because Charles can't do it all.

What would really help is if a guy like Jon Baldwin or Dontari Poe steps up next season but don't see that happening.
Charles can't do anything, outside of one game with replacement refs what has he done all year? His last 3 game rushing totals have been 39, FOUR, and 40.

Right now you guys might have a shot if he showed up to play every week.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #1712
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Charles can't do anything, outside of one game with replacement refs what has he done all year? His last 3 game rushing totals have been 39, FOUR, and 40.

Right now you guys might have a shot if he showed up to play every week.
I hope the Chiefs feel the same way as you and Charles winds up in Denver. He's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. He's playing with a bunch of poops with legs right now.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #1713
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
I hope the Chiefs feel the same way as you and Charles winds up in Denver. He's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. He's playing with a bunch of poops with legs right now.
Well most Chiefs fans have been pimping PFF number two OL grade in the NFL. 16th in sacks, multiple head injuries allowed to starting QBs, and no running game to speak of = 2nd best OL in the NFL I guess.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #1714
Sassy
Ring of Famer
 
Sassy's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: ND
Posts: 37,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Emanuel Sanders
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Chiefs won't do anything with Geno Smith next year, so next year will be a rebuilding year for sure.

2nd year of Geno's reign we could be very good. There are some nice pieces on the squad. Need a couple DBs, probably 2 new starting DL to play 1-gap 3-4, and a couple of receivers unless Breaston and Bowe both stay.

Chiefs will suck if Bowe leaves because Charles can't do it all.

What would really help is if a guy like Jon Baldwin or Dontari Poe steps up next season but don't see that happening.
ok really..."Chiefs will suck if Bowe leaves..."....CHIEFS SUCK NOW...
1-8 SCOREBOARD.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #1715
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Charles can't do anything, outside of one game with replacement refs what has he done all year? His last 3 game rushing totals have been 39, FOUR, and 40.

Right now you guys might have a shot if he showed up to play every week.
The OL can't run block.

Charles has had more than one good game. Was fine against Atlanta, Baltimore and San Diego.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #1716
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 47,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
The OL can't run block.

Charles has had more than one good game. Was fine against Atlanta, Baltimore and San Diego.
But I keep hearing kFcstudly and FL talk about how great Winston and Lija and those other no namers are.

It has to be real bad when you pull Hockstein off the street so maybe I was right all along, your OL is teh suck.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #1717
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 52,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
But I keep hearing kFcstudly and FL talk about how great Winston and Lija and those other no namers are.

It has to be real bad when you pull Hockstein off the street so maybe I was right all along, your OL is teh suck.
Yeah Bob said I didn't do my research when I said the line was going to have problems. Wrong again...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #1718
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

The line was fine until our center got hurt.

Our rookie LG is a dumpster fire. He's only playing because Lilja had to move to center.

The pass blocking is fine outside him. Cassel has always made OL look bad.

Our RT and LT are having outstanding seasons...Albert leads the league in pass blocking on Pro Football Focus. Asamoah is borderline Pro Bowl at this point.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #1719
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Also, defenses don't respect the pass, so it makes it really hard on the OL obviously.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #1720
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Ya should'a extended Orton.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #1721
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Yeah 9-7 woulda rocked.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #1722
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Yeah 9-7 woulda rocked.

Better than 1 and 15
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #1723
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton
Posts: 5,642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborugger View Post
I watched those celebrations and thought that it was pretty cheesy, too. Sorta like when our defensive players used to dance around and make a big deal about tackling a player on 2nd and 8 after a 6 yard gain back in 06/07. Those were the days...
Hey Nate Webster is doing a lot of dancing in the prison shower now too!
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:16 AM   #1724
g6matty
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Kc released a new logo for the rest of the year take alook

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #1725
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer
 
DAN_BRONCO_FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: why so u can stalk me ?
Posts: 4,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
alfred e numan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
Kc released a new logo for the rest of the year take alook

LMFAO awesome
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:17 PM.


Denver Broncos