The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #776
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
So your just happy to have the guy? Lame
Yup happy as hell and you would be too. Deny it.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #777
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Old man, see bold. Don't read between the lines. I need to spell it out for the Faider fans that come a trolling. If i hide anything in the paragraph, fat chance he would see it.
I see

.....and someday you will be happy as hell to be my age as the only other option is early death.

BTW I would not be 20 something again even if I could. I love who I am right now. Life gets better with age if you play your cards right. Remember that sonny!.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #778
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 6,360

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Dennis Allen has this team improving each week. They are even more disciplined, against KC they were penalized only twice for 20yds. The offense has taken the longest to come around, but it's starting to gel. The next time these two teams meet, it should be a far more competive game even after the half.

It took overtime to beat a Jags team with out Maurice Jones Drew and their starting quarterback. The chefs are the worst team in the NFL. You've got third place all sewn up.





Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #779
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Last I checked the Packers drafted Rogers and he sat behind Farve for a couple of years. I'm pretty sure the Broncos drafted a QB high in the draft last year to sit behind Manning for a couple of years.

Please like you wouldn't dig up Al Davis' skeleton for a chance to rent Peyton Manning for a couple of years. Once again, Denver's FO is employing a strategy of both drafting and developing players and acquiring the best available talent via free-agency. They got tired of being mediocre and made a move to improve the franchise. And what's funny, is Oakland hasn't even been good enough to make the move to contender from mediocre the past 10 years because they've been so ****ing bad.

8-8, 8-8, 5-11, 5-11, 4-12, 2-14, 5-11, 4-12. At least Bronco fans acknowledged that they sucked during the end of the McDaniel's era. At least Chef fans acknowledge how badly their franchise has sucked. Raider fan is seriously too collectively stupid to fully comprehend how bad their franchise has been the past decade.

Raiders fans collectively stupid!? I will forgive your ignorance once.

Back to Peyton. Most of you are collectively dancing around the question I posted. Elway did not sign Peyton to feel good and for hope but to win now. To win the SB and anything short of that is an epic fail because Denver only has a 2-3 year window with Peyton. After that, the Broncos don't have **** and fall from Denver Peytons to Denver Broncos.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #780
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
It took overtime to beat a Jags team with out Maurice Jones Drew and their starting quarterback. The chefs are the worst team in the NFL. You've got third place all sewn up.





We shall see. You may be right. This game vs TB will tells us more.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #781
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Yup happy as hell and you would be too. Deny it.
Yes and no. At the present he makes the team competive but in 2-3 years then what?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #782
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Yes and no. At the present he makes the team competive but in 2-3 years then what?
The Era of OZ.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #783
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Yes and no. At the present he makes the team competive but in 2-3 years then what?
Worry about that then.

You really suggesting not signing Peyton Manning because he may be the best QB ever for just 2 or 3 years more.

That's why we drafted his replacement in the second round.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #784
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Yes and no. At the present he makes the team competive but in 2-3 years then what?
You're not looking at the entire picture. Signing Manning also got rid of a player Elway did not want. That's a win for him back in spring.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #785
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Yes and no. At the present he makes the team competive but in 2-3 years then what?
Hilarious. You gave up a 1st and 2nd pick to sign Palmer to a 4 year contract, and you are trying to make the argument that we are in trouble in 3 years? I'll ask the same question of you:

In 2-3 years, then what?

Answer: You'll suck even more.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #786
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Seriously with the protection Manning is getting and the way he plays the position he could easily play into his 40's.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #787
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

It's just finally setting in to these rival fans that Manning isn't going anywhere. Most of these trolls said he'd be hurt by week 3. In fact, everything they predicted about his game turned out wrong. The best way for these people to relieve their anxiety is to now push it down the road 3 years claiming the broncos are in trouble then.

They just can't handle seeing the broncos on top of the West.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #788
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: filling the cups... lol
Posts: 34,980

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

It's not even worth arguing over whether or not Palmer or Manning was the better acquisition; clearly Manning was. First... because Indy released him, we didn't have to give the Colts any compensation whatsoever (as opposed to the 2 high draft picks Oakland gave to Cincy for the mediocre-at-best Palmer). Secondly, the level of play from the 2 QBs isn't even close to comparable. Manning's elite; Palmer is not and never has been.

It's a no-brainer, Fight On... any time you can acquire a player who's among the best who ever played at his position, then you do it. Especially if there's no compensation to his former team. But then, even if we had needed to give up a first and a second (or even more), Manning would have been worth it; playing (as he is) well enough to be an early favorite for league MVP honors.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #789
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Too much was given up for the Palmer signing. But that was a different staff and the current one has to deal with it.

I pose the question again, what is success for your beloved Denver Peytons?
The success of ridding us of tebow circus was what came with signing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #790
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Fight on..you're in denial. You say we dance around subjects? Take a look at what i asked you repeatedly to no response. I even responded to yours. So until you care to have a conversarion im done.

Otm 1
Fight on-1
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #791
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Fight on..you're in denial. You say we dance around subjects? Take a look at what i asked you repeatedly to no response. I even responded to yours. So until you care to have a conversarion im done.

Otm 1
Fight on-1
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #792
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,031

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Raiders fans collectively stupid!? I will forgive your ignorance once.

Back to Peyton. Most of you are collectively dancing around the question I posted. Elway did not sign Peyton to feel good and for hope but to win now. To win the SB and anything short of that is an epic fail because Denver only has a 2-3 year window with Peyton. After that, the Broncos don't have **** and fall from Denver Peytons to Denver Broncos.
The Broncos are grooming a very raw talent at QB so you are wrong, again. Go away KCPud.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #793
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Worry about that then.

You really suggesting not signing Peyton Manning because he may be the best QB ever for just 2 or 3 years more.

That's why we drafted his replacement in the second round.
Peyton would make any team better for the next 2-3 years. But it doesn't set the team up for long term success. A signing like Peyton is a SB win or bust signing.

Most of know this, but are unwilling to admit it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #794
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Broncos are grooming a very raw talent at QB so you are wrong, again. Go away KCPud.
The same could said about Terel Pryor, but I'm not counting on him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #795
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It's just finally setting in to these rival fans that Manning isn't going anywhere. Most of these trolls said he'd be hurt by week 3. In fact, everything they predicted about his game turned out wrong. The best way for these people to relieve their anxiety is to now push it down the road 3 years claiming the broncos are in trouble then.

They just can't handle seeing the broncos on top of the West for years to come.

FYP
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #796
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,031

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
The same could said about Terel Pryor, but I'm not counting on him.
Your whole argument is flawed. You keep saying that once Manning retires the Broncos will be in some kind of trouble yet you ignore the fact that the Broncos are at least trying to have a young QB ready to go when Manning retires. Osweiler is raw, but he's got some talent.

Fact is, you conviniently ignore the plight that the faiders are in with a much worse older QB. You are pointing at the Broncos and making up hypothetical scenarios based on your bias yet you are completely ignoring your own teams nasty problems.

I really do think you are KCPud. You are displaying his exact same qualities as a poster.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #797
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Fight on..you're in denial. You say we dance around subjects? Take a look at what i asked you repeatedly to no response. I even responded to yours. So until you care to have a conversarion im done.

Otm 1
Fight on-1
Ask again, I mostly likely didn't notice it after being bombarded.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #798
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Your whole argument is flawed. You keep saying that once Manning retires the Broncos will be in some kind of trouble yet you ignore the fact that the Broncos are at least trying to have a young QB ready to go when Manning retires. Osweiler is raw, but he's got some talent.

Fact is, you conviniently ignore the plight that the faiders are in with a much worse older QB. You are pointing at the Broncos and making up hypothetical scenarios based on your bias yet you are completely ignoring your own teams nasty problems.

I really do think you are KCPud. You are displaying his exact same qualities as a poster.
1. Palmer is younger than Peyton
2. I have no problem admitting to the Raiders' short comings.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #799
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,031

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
1. Palmer is younger than Peyton
2. I have no problem admitting to the Raiders' short comings.
Palmer also sucks, badly. Don't forget that. As for the Broncos, I'm excited about the future because of Manning, not in spite of him.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #800
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: filling the cups... lol
Posts: 34,980

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
1. Palmer is younger than Peyton
2. I have no problem admitting to the Raiders' short comings.
Palmer's not "that much" younger than Manning...

Manning: March 24, 1976
Palmer: December 27, 1979

Neither one constitutes "building for the future".
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:36 AM.


Denver Broncos