The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #51
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Figures. 11am game and I start work at 11 on sunday. Lame.

Lame on you. Couldn't you get someone to cover your Subway shift Kevin Kasper?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #52
milehighJC
Solid Starter

I grew up a Bengals fan - trust me a thankless profession - which is why I left the dark side in the early 90's and followed the Broncos (Plus I moved to CO which helped).

I cant help but remember the pain of the 2000 game. The Broncos were 4-3, the Bengals 0-6. I remember expecting the Broncos would kick Cincinnati's butt from one side of the field to the other, and I trashed talked my old Cincinnati fans appropriately. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way. Corey Dillon ran for 278 yards, and the Broncos lost the game 21-31. Dillon set a single game rushing record that day, and it still stands at #4.

If you are into pain, the ugly stats are here: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0010220cin.htm

That was a painful day. A trap game for the Broncos. Will Sunday be another trap game? I doubt it. But to ignore the possibility would be unwise.

jc
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #53
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighJC View Post
I grew up a Bengals fan - trust me a thankless profession - which is why I left the dark side in the early 90's and followed the Broncos (Plus I moved to CO which helped).

I cant help but remember the pain of the 2000 game. The Broncos were 4-3, the Bengals 0-6. I remember expecting the Broncos would kick Cincinnati's butt from one side of the field to the other, and I trashed talked my old Cincinnati fans appropriately. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way. Corey Dillon ran for 278 yards, and the Broncos lost the game 21-31. Dillon set a single game rushing record that day, and it still stands at #4.

If you are into pain, the ugly stats are here: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0010220cin.htm

That was a painful day. A trap game for the Broncos. Will Sunday be another trap game? I doubt it. But to ignore the possibility would be unwise.

jc
We didn't have PFM in 2000.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #54
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
or John Elway. We did have Brian Griese though.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #55
Stagger Lee

Quote:
Truth.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #56
milehighJC
Solid Starter

Quote:
Absolute truth. I think the defense is quite a bit better now than it was then too.

But Im not going to wreck the mojo, so Ill predict Cincinnati will rush for 10 touchdowns, and for mercy will kick a field goal on their last possession for a 73-2 win. We get a safety when they try to bring a punt out of the end zone.

Oh wait, wrong thread.

Never mind.
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #57
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

For those interested in a really good analysis of a few of Peyton's favorite offensive plays and how they work, there is an excellent writeup from "Stripe Hype?" Anyway, it is an excellent primer on how many of the plays are set up.

Here is a screen shot of the first "Anchor Route" concept:

The full article can be found here:
http://stripehype.com/2012/11/02/ben...bly-contained/
Attached Images

cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #58
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighJC View Post

jc
I remember that game very well. It was horrible.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote