The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 05:51 AM   #76
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
The thing the pissed me off in the offseason were the clueless posters (er Teboners er that Ammegon guy for sure)) who called our Oline crappy. Couldn't have been further from the truth

Just look at that group now. Gelling and dominating
Amazing how much a 4-3 record and a nice game against the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL proves to some people.

Against strong fronts our run game doesn't exist. Go back to those game threads and remind yourself how everyone b****ed about us running on 3rd and short because of how well it worked out.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #77
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdf View Post
I'm thinking our return game hasn't fared too well. First, a competent but slow punt returner. Second, No kickoff returns of note in the high altitude. Third, fumbles.

Comes out to "average."
Kickoffs - #1 in the league
Punting - top 5 in the league
Field Goals - perfect so far on the year
Punt returns - 16th in the NFL
Kick returns - 31st in the NFL

3 categories at the top of the league
1 at the bottom
1 average

Not to belabor the point, but that's got to merit at least an "above average" ranking IMO, even with a fumble on the stat line.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #78
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Amazing how much a 4-3 record and a nice game against the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL proves to some people.
And it's amazing how much it pisses you off.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #79
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
And it's amazing how much it pisses you off.
Almost like an Ortonite after the Vikings game last year, amirite?

Anyway, I'm not pissed. But I don't have Alzheimers. Willis, for example, has 13 rushes for 15 yards on 3rd down. Think about that.

Not exactly a hallmark of O-Line dominance. We're not cramming the ball down any throats. Unless maybe it's against the second worst rush defense in the league.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 11-01-2012 at 07:31 AM..
Old 11-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #80
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Almost like an Ortonite after the Vikings game last year, amirite?

Anyway, I'm not pissed. But I don't have Alzheimers. Willis, for example, has 13 rushes for 15 yards on 3rd down. Think about that.

Not exactly a hallmark of O-Line dominance. We're not cramming the ball down any throats. Unless maybe it's against the second worst rush defense in the league.
McGahee has a 64% success rate on runs.

What is a success? Gaining at least half the yards to a first down, or a first down on third down. Why is this significant? It's the highest success rate in the league with RBs having 64+ rushing attempts.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #81
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

Against strong fronts our run game doesn't exist. Go back to those game threads and remind yourself how everyone b****ed about us running on 3rd and short because of how well it worked out.
Manning is just killing all of your hopes and dreams about Tebow and showing you how bad of a QB he really is.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #82
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
McGahee has a 64% success rate on runs.

What is a success? Gaining at least half the yards to a first down, or a first down on third down. Why is this significant? It's the highest success rate in the league with RBs having 64+ rushing attempts.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6359/situational

Not sure where you get your numbers... but not a single rushing conversion on 3rd and short. 10 attempts. 13 yards. 0 first downs.

On all 3rd downs overall for Willis, he has 13 carries and 2 first downs, for a 15% conversion rate. Which, from what I heard last year is incomprehensibly bad.

It's nice he gets a few yards on 1st or 2nd down when defenses are worried about stopping a HOF QB. But when this team NEEDS yards on the ground, it routinely can't get them.

Not that it matters that much. Peyton's the man. He should be given the ball when we need a play. But our OL is still a big question mark, especially running the ball.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #83
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
"Both Denver and San Francisco now rank in the top five for both offense and defense, with roughly average special teams."

"Average" special teams?

Prater is the best kickoff guy in the league and is one of only four kickers who are perfect on field goals and extra points this season.

Colquitt is the #5 ranked punter in the league in net distance.
Plus our ST coverage has been very good recently! I used to swear I heard Benny Hill music when I watched our K or P coverages back in the last years of Shanny through mCd.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote