The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #26
Action

No, he shouldn't have knocked it down, and I guarantee you in film study they didn't tell him to knock it down next time.

An interception does much more for momentum (no matter what down) for your team, and it's much more damaging to the other team's QB's mindset than just a deflection.

And considering where he was on the field, that would be completely unnecessary to knock it down...

Broncos have been needing an aggressive defense with the mindset to take the ball away, and we're complaining that one of our LB's caught an interception?

EDIT
Yeah I just watched that play again, and saw how the defense and TEAM reacted to the interception, and you have to be completely clueless to think he should have knocked it down.

Last edited by Action; 10-31-2012 at 12:35 PM..
Old 10-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #27
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
No, he shouldn't have knocked it down, and I guarantee you in film study they didn't tell him to knock it down next time.

An interception does much more for momentum (no matter what down) for your team, and it's much more damaging to the other team's QB's mindset than just a deflection.

And considering where he was on the field, that would be completely unnecessary to knock it down...

Broncos have been needing an aggressive defense with the mindset to take the ball away, and we're complaining that one of our LB's caught an interception?

EDIT
Yeah I just watched that play again, and saw how the defense and TEAM reacted to the interception, and you have to be completely clueless to think he should have knocked it down.
Interception OK

Run back while loosely carrying the ball not so much.

Oh and I hope your day gets better so you don't have to sound like such a prick.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #28
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Of all the times over the years people at the OM b**** about our linebackers not being able to come up with an interception... Now, when given the opportunity, you want one to purposely... eh, nevermind.

Carry on.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:57 PM   #29
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Interception OK

Run back while loosely carrying the ball not so much.

Oh and I hope your day gets better so you don't have to sound like such a prick.
He didn't "loosely" carry the ball. Matter of fact he looked like he was holding onto it fairly tight.

Did you guys know that the Bears defense is coached that getting just a turnover is not enough? That they have to score to make it really worthwhile?

I believe Ravens are coached like this too.

Yeah, that's how far off base your mindsets are, and the elite defenses in the league.

My day is fine ---> it's just ridiculous some of the things people try to analyze and criticize on here, and are COMPLETELY wrong about.

Reading this thread, you would have thought Woodyard didn't make the right play.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #30
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Good for Woodyard. With DJ coming back that will make Denver's LB's stronger.

And yes, wtf. Snag that int from Drew Brees.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #31
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Maybe JDR will play some version of 3 /4 in order to get DJ on the field and have Von play more of a free lance roll.
i could see him doing that since Von can be a SAM or DE and thus allow WW & DJ to be the LB's along with Brooking.
only thing that worries me is who would be the NT in that scenario. none of our DT's force a double team on them for the most part.
Vickerson or Bannan would be the guy i suppose but neither is a real space eater.

now in terms of the pick by WW. anytime you get a turnover you take it.
if he fumbles and gives it back to them further down the field then so be it. he was trying to make a play.

if you just bat it it could go off his hands and up in the air, bounce off a player or various other things.
while none of those are likely you still want the sure turnover and potential of a run back over a batted ball.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #32
Action

Shame on you Wesley for intercepting the ball at the 36 yard line in the 2nd quarter with 9 minute left and trying to score SHAME ON YOU!

Shame on you Wesley for being aggressive, the very thing your coaches have been preaching since OTAs and mini camp and training camp, which is to be aggressive, and that being aggressive is mindset, shame on you!

Wesley, you will be negatively docked for that interception and attempting to make a play. Forget that you are playing football.

WESLEY SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #33
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

good job WWIII
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #34
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Shame on you Wesley for intercepting the ball at the 36 yard line in the 2nd quarter with 9 minute left and trying to score SHAME ON YOU!

Shame on you Wesley for being aggressive, the very thing your coaches have been preaching since OTAs and mini camp and training camp, which is to be aggressive, and that being aggressive is mindset, shame on you!

Wesley, you will be negatively docked for that interception and attempting to make a play. Forget that you are playing football.

WESLEY SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!

I was right you are a prick.

...and not even having a good day saves you.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #35
Action

Wesley, shame on you for taking the opportunity to pick off Drew Brees...what in the hell were you thinking? Didn't you know that there have been teams in the past that screwed up by trying to pick it off in the endzone or near the endzone in the 4th quarter when the games were on the line?

Oh what is that? this is the 2nd quarter with 9 minutes left? No forget that, aren't you reading the posts in this thread by the brilliant minds of orangemane posters?

WESLEY SHAME ON YOU!!!

I think I agree with you guys, Wesley could have made a better play by knocking it down.

It REALLY makes sense now.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #36
Action

Quote:
I was right you are a prick.

...and not even having a good day saves you.
lighten up man -- it's Halloween.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:12 PM   #37
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
lighten up man -- it's Halloween.

Love how the condescending guy new to the thread tells the poster having a reasonable discussion with the others to lighten up.

Ya it's me, my bad
Old 10-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #38
Action

Quote:
Love how the condescending guy new to the thread tells the poster having a reasonable discussion with the others to lighten up.

Ya it's me, my bad
pumpkin pie sounds good right about now.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #39
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

WWII has been awesome all year. He's not great in coverage, but he has been improving week by week. I wouldn't sit him for DJ. He's playing better than DJ would in my opinion. And he brings a fire and leadership to this defense.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #40
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Imagine a scenario where team A is behind by 4 and needs a touchdown to win. It's 4th down and there is 7 seconds on the clock. They throw a Hail Mary which is intercepted and returned 20 yards but the ball carrier fumbles and team A recovers and takes it in for a winning TD.

Wonder if that ever happened?
No, but there was once a guy who intercepted Tom Brady on 4th down to basically clinch a playoff victory but the fool fumbled it back trying to return the interception for meaningless return yardage and cost his team the game. Maybe Boltaneer or 400HZ would like to comment........
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #41
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Wesley Woodyard is just the 9th player ever since sacks were officially a statistic (1982) to record at least 10 tackles (he had 13) and 1 sack, 1 INT, and 1 FF in a single game....he is also one of only two players this season to have recorded 50 tackles with multiple INT's and sacks

He also is the first player in franchise history to have recorded 50 tackles with multiple sacks and INT's by the mid point of the season.....and given the number of pretty good to great LB's this franchise has had (Gradishar, Jackson, Wilson, Romo to name a few) that's saying something.

I think it's time to give him his due and realize he's better than most of you think he is.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:43 PM   #42
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Woodyard Named AFC Defensive Player of the Week
October 31st, 2012 - 8:38am by Stuart Zaas

After turning in one of the top statistical performances in NFL history, linebacker Wesley Woodyard has been named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week.

Against the Saints, Woodyard became just the ninth player since sacks began to be tracked in 1982 to record at least 10 tackles, one sack, one interception and one forced fumble in the same game.

He finished with a game-high 13 tackles, tying a career high. He set career marks in sack yards (12), interception return yards (8) and pass breakups (2), while matching career bests in tackles, interceptions, sacks and forced fumbles in Denver’s 34-14 win.

Woodyard is one of just two players in the league to tally 50 tackles, three sacks and two interceptions this season, and is the first Bronco in franchise history to reach 50 tackles and multiple sacks and interceptions by the midpoint of the season.
just bet dream wants dj back for his spot..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote