The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #51
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Ahem, Von Miller says hi
Yeah my bad on leaving Von Miller out - it seems he's been playing a lot more end than LB lately though but maybe it's me.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #52
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
So dj is better than miller also?

Not seeing that dumb ass beat anyone out for playing time.

If you have missed it WW outplayed his expensive ass last year stat wise with starting 6 less games than dumb ass did. .

Got to let go of your bromance with him. For the money he is making he should be making TFL in each game, stopping them for no gain. But he does not he is a drag down tackler usually after a good gain if not the first down.
Easy there skippy, I don't particularly like or hate Dj, but he's better than Brooking, Mays, and Trevathan at this point.

Last edited by mr007; 10-29-2012 at 03:07 PM..
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #53
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Why the HELL would you NOT have DJ on the field?

Why would you not give JDR the user of the 2nd most physically talented LBer on the roster?

With a defensive coordinator like JDR, I want to give him more upper level talent given just how much he's gotten out of some of the more limited players in our front 7. I'm not a fan of DJ given how stupid he's been off the field.

But I won't ever forget just how sh*tty our DLs have been over the years and how DJ played his part and did everything the team asked of him on the field because we couldn't draft a LBer to save our a$$.

I'd love to see what JDR can do with a fresh, healthy 245 LBer that's an experienced vet and stronger and faster than any other LBer on the team bar Von.

Last edited by fontaine; 10-29-2012 at 02:47 PM..
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #54
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
WW has trouble not getting washed out of running plays at WLB (see Patriots game).
In a starting role I have seen WW make more tackles against the run on the strong side for negative yardage, and because of that I disagree. WW has been phenomenal about mitigating blockers in the run game. The Patriots game is a totally diffrent ball game, because our defensive was getting manhandled at the LOS. I'll take your game and raise you six.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #55
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr007 View Post
Easy there skippy, I don't particularly like or hate Dj, but he's better than Brooking, Mays, and Trevathan at this point.
mays maybe but not sure he is any better than the rest..

Brooking is calling the plays for the front seven something that DJ was unable to do when he had the MLB job, plus he does not have a clue about the playbook.. nor has he practiced with them since before TC..

Trevathan not sure I would not want to give him reps to see what he has..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #56
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
In a starting role I have seen WW make more tackles against the run on the strong side for negative yardage, and because of that I disagree. WW has been phenomenal about mitigating blockers in the run game. The Patriots game is a totally diffrent ball game, because our defensive was getting manhandled at the LOS. I'll take your game and raise you six.
WW has been getting better lately, but he was getting washed out against the Texans too. In all likelihood, he will remain starter at WLB even after DJ comes back. Will be interesting to see where they play D.J.

Don't get me wrong, I love dub...but he needs to get off those blocks.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #57
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Why the HELL would you NOT have DJ on the field?

Why would you not give JDR the user of the 2nd most physically talented LBer on the roster?

With a defensive coordinator like JDR, I want to give him more upper level talent given just how much he's gotten out of some of the more limited players in our front 7. I'm not a fan of DJ given how stupid he's been off the field.

But I won't ever forget just how sh*tty our DLs have been over the years and how DJ played his part and did everything the team asked of him on the field because we couldn't draft a LBer to save our a$$.

I'd love to see what JDR can do with a fresh, healthy 245 LBer that's an experienced vet and stronger and faster than any other LBer on the team bar Von.

Dj is a dumb ass and can be expected to screw something else up soon.. If not he is no better than WW is IF you have been paying attention his numbers last year were better than DJ's were starting in 6 less games ..

That is what I see and have to believe that JDR being an ex LB will see that also..

now if he wants dumb ass on the field I have zero issues with that.. but if he starts him over the others that have been holding down the fort playing great football, while he has been partying. Well I suspect that many players will be pissed and that is not the sort of discontent you want on a team..

hell NOL coaches did not give vilma back his spot when he came back because the guys that were there were playing good ball..

He may have been a great athlete when he came out of college but since he got his new FAT contract he has shown me nothing.. In fact that WW has outplayed him does not help him..

WW is on pace for a 140+ tackle season more sacks and PD than DJ has had.. Might even have the FF lead also did not pay much attention to that..

Hey maybe DJ can make his way back onto the squad on ST's..

Plus I doubt seriously that he will be in game shape till week 12..
Old 10-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #58
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
mays maybe but not sure he is any better than the rest..

Brooking is calling the plays for the front seven something that DJ was unable to do when he had the MLB job, plus he does not have a clue about the playbook.. nor has he practiced with them since before TC..

Trevathan not sure I would not want to give him reps to see what he has..
I really hate to quote you because you are a colossal douche but this **** right here is why you dont put DJ in the middle.

We already saw what happened this season with an idiot MLB. We do not need another one trying to make the play calls for the defense.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #59
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

You all realize that Brooking isn't calling the plays, right? Prior to the Chargers game Woodyard took over calling and aligning the defense, thus the green dot.

Here is a tweet from Lindsay Jones prior to the start of the Chargers game updating that:

One of the main issues the team had with Joe Mays was he completely blew calls and adjustments against New England. He had them completely out of alignment all day long.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #60
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
You all realize that Brooking isn't calling the plays, right? Prior to the Chargers game Woodyard took over calling and aligning the defense, thus the green dot.

Here is a tweet from Lindsay Jones prior to the start of the Chargers game updating that:

One of the main issues the team had with Joe Mays was he completely blew calls and adjustments against New England. He had them completely out of alignment all day long.
Calling the plays =/= making the adjustments and line calls

Woodyard would wear the communication helmet because Brooking isn't in the nickle defense! They can't be swapping helmets every few plays bud
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #61
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post

yet in the game mays was suspended Brooking made all the calls..
Old 10-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #62
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Calling the plays =/= making the adjustments and line calls

Woodyard would wear the communication helmet because Brooking isn't in the nickle defense! They can't be swapping helmets every few plays bud
Doh, that was a bonehead statement by me!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #63
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
I really hate to quote you because you are a colossal douche but this **** right here is why you dont put DJ in the middle.

We already saw what happened this season with an idiot MLB. We do not need another one trying to make the play calls for the defense.
wow you have a real way with words what are you 15.. another internet tough guy impressed with himself..

if you do not put DJ in the middle where do you put him? at WIL where WW has been all world or at SAM sure that is going to happen in your fondest dreams..

Mays is gone for the year so your idiot comment is just that..
Old 10-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #64
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

There are currently only 3 players in the NFL this season to have posted 13 tackles, one sack and a fumble forced in a game...and Woodyard is one of them (Ray Lewis and Jerrell Freeman are the others)

Also there are only 3 players who have multiple sacks and multiple INTs...and two of them are Broncos....Harris has 1.5 sacks and 2 INTs and Woodyard has 3 sacks and 2 INT's (D'Qwell Jackson is the other)

I think it's time to give the guy his due...he's better than many on here think he is despite not being of prototypical size.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #65
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:

if you do not put DJ in the middle where do you put him?

How about on the streets?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #66
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
There are currently only 3 players in the NFL this season to have posted 13 tackles, one sack and a fumble forced in a game...and Woodyard is one of them (Ray Lewis and Jerrell Freeman are the others)

Also there are only 3 players who have multiple sacks and multiple INTs...and two of them are Broncos....Harris has 1.5 sacks and 2 INTs and Woodyard has 3 sacks and 2 INT's (D'Qwell Jackson is the other)

I think it's time to give the guy his due...he's better than many on here think he is despite not being of prototypical size.
yep he is smaller than most LBs' BFD so was Tom Jackson.. he is doing the job so far.. let him play and let moron play ST instead of starting LB..
Old 10-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #67
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
How about on the streets?
If it were me regardless of ay more injuries I cut his ass..

he has not been special for several years.. seems once these clowns get big money they are mr party..

WWs numbers are better than his have been in less playing time and still the moron has to drink most likely do drugs or why would he be pissing non human urine.. driving drunk and then the playbook crap early this year, shows me that he is a total dummy.. has disrespected his team and owner..

If he was s superstar that his contract pays him to be, smart and kept out of trouble .. then by all means keep him.. but he is not the example you want the kiddies on the team to model themselves after..
Old 10-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #68
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

WW had a great game, he was buzzing around out there. JDR has coached him up and there's been some progression since that awful Patriots game.

Assuming DJ is fully up to speed when he is cleared to play, he should be plugged into the starting lineup since our LB depth is horrible. I see DJ-WW-Von.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #69
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
WW had a great game, he was buzzing around out there. JDR has coached him up and there's been some progression since that awful Patriots game.

Assuming DJ is fully up to speed when he is cleared to play, he should be plugged into the starting lineup since our LB depth is horrible. I see DJ-WW-Von.
The D is hitting its stride it is playing well. DJ should not walk in and get a starting spot automatically; because he doesn't deserve that respect and hasn't earned the spot. Woodyard has outplayed him at the WILL. If he can outplay Brooking and Irving at MLB then he can start, if not he can be depth AND a ST guy.

Don't fix something that isn't broken...especially not for D.U.I. Williams.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #70
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

WW has played beter than I expected. That said LB us in desperate need of an upgrade and DJ coming back will help. Next year draft one........scratch that DRAFT A GOOD ONE......................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #71
Nwp-Apap

Our defense is playing well, garnering some top 10 ratings in a handful of statistics. One can only look forward with joyous anticipation at how good this defense will be when they get another above average player in there in two weeks.

I believe DJ will start out splitting time with Brooking, and starting as the nickel MLB with Woodyard. He will be in several packages, I'm sure. Whatever your beliefs are of him as a person, has no bearing on his talents as a football player. He knows how to play every LB position, and will do so without complaint.

He has been actively participating in film study and working with the trainers at dove valley for almost a month, so there is no question he will be in football shape. He also has the reps from training camp and owns a copy of the playbook. I'm sure the coaches have told him recently over his vacation to pay special attention to MLB. Plus. Getting into "football shape" is easy for someone with the dedication DJ has. He has never had on the field problems regarding attitude towards teammates/coaches or had laziness issues. In fact, he was voted a captain for several years, so that tells you he commands respect.

I like Brooking, and think Trevathan is going to be a very good player for us, but at this point in their careers, I'd rather DJ get the majority the reps they have been getting. I don't want to take Woodyard off the field, unless he is injured or winded or the package calls for it, and I believe he has impressed the coaching staff to that point as well, so I believe we will see DJ primarily, and often, in the middle, starting the first game he returns.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:05 AM   #72
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post

let go of the bromance.. he is not that great..
Old 10-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #73
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
The D is hitting its stride it is playing well. DJ should not walk in and get a starting spot automatically; because he doesn't deserve that respect and hasn't earned the spot. Woodyard has outplayed him at the WILL. If he can outplay Brooking and Irving at MLB then he can start, if not he can be depth AND a ST guy.

Don't fix something that isn't broken...especially not for D.U.I. Williams.
fixed that for you.

your absolutely correct if he were handed a starters spot, whatever respect JDR,Fox and John had with the team would go right down the toilet..
Old 10-30-2012, 12:11 AM   #74
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
Our defense is playing well, garnering some top 10 ratings in a handful of statistics. One can only look forward with joyous anticipation at how good this defense will be when they get another above average player in there in two weeks.

I believe DJ will start out splitting time with Brooking, and starting as the nickel MLB with Woodyard. He will be in several packages, I'm sure. Whatever your beliefs are of him as a person, has no bearing on his talents as a football player. He knows how to play every LB position, and will do so without complaint.

He has been actively participating in film study and working with the trainers at dove valley for almost a month, so there is no question he will be in football shape. He also has the reps from training camp and owns a copy of the playbook. I'm sure the coaches have told him recently over his vacation to pay special attention to MLB. Plus. Getting into "football shape" is easy for someone with the dedication DJ has. He has never had on the field problems regarding attitude towards teammates/coaches or had laziness issues. In fact, he was voted a captain for several years, so that tells you he commands respect.

I like Brooking, and think Trevathan is going to be a very good player for us, but at this point in their careers, I'd rather DJ get the majority the reps they have been getting. I don't want to take Woodyard off the field, unless he is injured or winded or the package calls for it, and I believe he has impressed the coaching staff to that point as well, so I believe we will see DJ primarily, and often, in the middle, starting the first game he returns.
oh brother are you serious. or are you writing fiction..

obviously you have not been reading any of the Woodyard threads..

that or you are DUI Williams or his bromance..
Old 10-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #75
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post

Good post.

We have a better defense with DJ/VON/WW. We also have a better shot of beating the Texans/Patriots in the playoffs, should the Broncos meet them. Those two teams have TE's and a run game we couldn't stop.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote